Categories > Cartoons > Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy > Heat of Passion

Reality of Dreams

by Roguespirit 0 reviews

Mandy has a dream and it creeps her out, but not as much as the war between the two voices in her head.

Category: Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-11-13 - Updated: 2007-11-13 - 1695 words

0Unrated
Heat of Passion
Chapter 4: Reality of Dreams

The room was hot and dark, but not quiet as the room was filled with the heavy breathing of two lovers. One let our a soft moan as the boy on top of her glided his hands along her sides.

Pulling himself in a ready position over her and asked, “Mandy?”

She looked up at him, “yes”, she asked hopefully.

“Wake up.”

Mandy’s face went blank and she blinked, “what?”

“Time to wake up now Endsville.”

Mandy sat up in her bed in a sweat, her sheets were slightly damp from perspiration. She checked her bed and room, she was alone.

She caught her breath and looked to her right and found the culprit that caused her to wake, her radio alarmclock.

Angrily she raised a fist, ready to smash it to pieces, but a part of her said, ‘shouldn’t I be pleased, it woke me from a nightmare’, but another part of her asked her, /was it a nightmare, or a dream worth living/?

She shook her head clear and withdrew her hand. She through off her covers and walked out of her room, not hearing the alarm clock breathe a sigh of relief as she left.

Mandy went downstairs for breakfast, “Mother, Father”, she called, but there was no answer. ‘That’s strange’, she thought, the only times they were not already up to serve her breakfast was if they’d left the previous day, in which case they would have told her.

Although suspicious she nonetheless felt that she could take on whatever was there and carried on with her morning by pouring herself some cereal.

Even as she ate, and oblivious that she was doing so, her mind drifted back to her dream.

She wondered who that boy was that had been over her, he reminded her of Billy, but she knew that couldn’t be. He hadn’t had a gargantuan nose and his head had been rounded, a sharp contrast to Billy’s pointed crown.

She shook her head clear, what was she thinking about it like that, it had been a nightmare, but hadn’t she enjoyed it, ‘a sign of weakness’ she thought.
no, a sign I need somebody
‘I don’t need anybody, a lack of independence is weakness.’

no pushing others away shows fear, just running away from your emotions

‘I fear nothing’

Mandy clutched her head, it felt like a war was going on in her head. She let our a cry of frustration, then grabbed her bowl and brought it up to her lips, rapidly downing it’s contents and spilling some milk onto her chin.

She slapped her bowl onto the table, panting and milk dripping from her chin onto her nightgown.

Unlike some girls, she didn’t use drugs or cut herself to calm herself when she was upset or worried. Instead she had feeding frenzies, where she ate a regular amount of food, but she ate it they way a pig, or a hungry shark would. More often though she would simply munch on something like chips, pastries, or chocolate bars to calm her nerves, the frenzies were more for very stressful times.

Sighing she got up and went up stairs to change for school.

Across the street, Billy was slowly making his way down the stairs to the kitchen. He sighed when he got there, as Grim was it’s only other occupant.

Ever since their little Horrors Hand adventure, his mom had gone back to work and since his dad never seemed to keep a job, she stayed working.

The good news was that his dad had actually managed to keep his current job, since it was literally a no-brainer. He worked for a construction company, breaking rocks with his head, instead of the expensive and time consuming explosives. Frequently he brought his only coworker and friend Johnny Bravo home for dinner

Billy slumped into the booth that surrounded half the table.

“Sleep well Billy”, Grim asked?

Billy groaned, “I had a weird dream that I got smart and Mandy was possessed and that I have to have sex withohnoitwasn’tadream.” Billy banded his head on the table and began to whimper.

Grim sighed, “Dere, dere Billy, I know making love to dat bitch doesn’t sound vary appealing, but hey it could be worse, she could be overweight.” He sighed, “you’ve no idea how many I’ve reaped who died of suffocation tryin ta get-

“That’s not what I meant.”

Grim stared at him, “ya mean you seriously wanna fuck dat creature.”

Billy slapped his forehead, “I mean Mandy, not the demon.”

Grim sighed, “whatever.”

Billy regained his composure, “what I’m worried about is the deadline. And you might thing that Mandy’s not beautiful, but I do. Besides, she’s just a late bloomer, I’ll be rewarded for my unconditional love for her when she gets a body that’ll melt mirrors.

Grim snorted, “right, whatever.”

“She will, you’ll see.” Billy downed the last of his cereal, “I’m going to get ready for school.”

Grim waited till Billy was upstairs before grinning in victory. He turned to the window and gave a thumbs up, and received two in return.


Mandy exited the door, double checked to make sure she had her house key then locked it.

She walked down the walkway from her house to the sidewalk and walked up the street.

It was a cloudless sunny day, a sharp contrast to her state of mind as she thought about what school would bring.

Mindy would probably annoy her, flaunt her wealth in her face, and constantly tell her how ugly she was, and worst of all, try to get her to admit she had feelings for Billy, ‘which I don’t’, she thought.

She sighed as she thought about it. Then she started to think about how Mindy would react if she pretended to admit it and pretend to like Billy. Mandy grinned, it would throw her entire game plan off, that was also why she invited Billy to her party, just to get to her. But if she pretended to like Billy, Mindy wouldn’t know how to respond, leaving her wide open to an attack of her own. Mandy grinned inwardly, she would have to give it more thought.

“Hey Mandy ”

Mandy stopped, ‘was that Billy?” She turned and sure enough there was, “Billy”, she breathed disbelievingly.

Billy’s nose had shrunk dramatically, and his head was more rounded to the point that is looked normal. His voice sounded less dumb, and more sophisticated, normal. She felt that he was handsome, her hands were shaking and cheeks start to warm.

“Hey thanks for waiting for me Mandy”, Billy panted, and he looked up to face her.”

Then Mandy realized, he was the boy from her dream after all, “uh... ya... guh.”

Billy extended a hand towards her, “Mandy,” he asked concerned?

Mandy took a step back, then she turned and ran away, leaving Billy behind stunned, then he chased after her.


The entire event had been witnessed by two pairs of eyes, “interesting development”, Terrence said.

Rick nodded, “let’s see where this goes.”


Billy ran into the school and to his first class of the day, Math. Since he shared most of his classes with Mandy so it was easy to assume she would be there. He got to the classroom and looked, but Mandy was nowhere to be found. He shrugged, probably in the bathroom, he found his desk and took out his text book just as the teacher walked in.


Meanwhile ,Mandy was in the wooded area behind the school, leaning against a tree with her knees pulled up against her chest, slowly rocking back and forth as an internal battle raged.

‘Look at you, in shock over a ridiculous dream.’

A dream, or a vision.

‘It makes no difference, romance is for the weak.’

no, it takes strength to admit ones feelings, to overcome our fear.

‘To what end?’

Happiness.

‘Happiness is for fools and the simple minded.’

then what’s the point in living

‘To gain power’

to what end?

‘Power is everything’
The pursuit of power has only ended in the downfall of those who pursue it. Those who don’t die, simply do not live, they spend their days in paranoia, and misery.

‘Power makes one strong’

no, it’s an illusion of strength, living in happiness shoes the strength and courage to live without the need for body guards or and army to protect them.

‘Appearance is everything’

And yet you said the opinions of others are irrelevant.

‘...’

You fear weakness, it’s controlling you, the pursuit of perfection is itself a weakness. Now I have to get to class, I’m already late.

Mandy got up, picked up her bag and walked back to school.

Billy tried to focus on his math as Mrs Breech reviewed that they learned last class, but his mind kept drifting back to Mandy.

Just as she was about to give the assignment, the door opened.

Mrs. Breech turned and put her hands on her hips, “nice of you to grace us with your presence Ms. Shmitt.”

The class turned to see Mandy slipping through the doorway into the classroom, “sorry ma’am.”

Mrs. Breech took a deep breath, “well since it’s your first time I’ll let it go, but I don’t want a repeat, now take your seat.”

Mandy went and took her seat next to Billy.

“Now class, due tomorrow are all the questions on pages thirty-four and thirty-two. Now begin, and I want no one looking at the back of the book for their answers.”

Mandy took out her textbook and binder and began to work. She looked over at Billy who was looking over at her.

“You okay Mandy?”

She swallowed, “I’m coming over to your house after school, make sure it’s not a total pigsty.”

Billy sighed, “okay.”

Mandy licked her lips, “and maybe later, we can talk.”

Billy smile at her, “sure Mandy.”
Sign up to rate and review this story