Categories > Cartoons > Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy > Heat of Passion

We're not Cupids

by Roguespirit 3 reviews

Billy and Grim get sent to a strange place where they learn the secret to Mandy's cruelty.

Category: Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-08-31 - Updated: 2007-08-31 - 1609 words

0Unrated
Heat of Passion
Chapter 3: We’re not cupids

Billy and Grim fell for what seemed like forever.

“Where are we going”, Billy screamed as they fell?

“I don’t know”, Grim yelled back, “but it looks like we’re almost there ”

The bottom of the chasm approached them at an alarming rate.

Suddenly an unknown force began slowing their decent and they landed softly on a pile of large pink pillows.

Billy hugged one of the pillows, “mmmm, pillowy.”

Grim ignored him and looked at his surroundings. The floor was tiled limestone, polished and waxed to a high sheen. An archway was at the opposite end of the room and bright light poured in. It was adorned with carvings of cupids and different shaped hearts, and the limestone went through it to whatever lay beyond.

Grim got up, feeling the need to investigate rather then simply teleport back home, and went through the archway.

Billy, also intensely curious followed him.

They were shocked when they emerged on the other side.

A sun hung in the sky, beating down on them and illuminating the valley where they stood. The limestone path went around on both sides of a cupid water fountain and continued onward. On either side of the path were flowers of many kinds: tulips, daisies, roses etc...

Grim and Billy kept walking until they saw a building at the end of the path, according to the road sign it was a pantheon.

It stood atop a hill overlooking the vast fields of flowers, the sun brightly illuminated it making it seem like a warm and welcoming place. The pantheon itself was made of stone and in the style of the ancient Romans, it had pillars made of ivory and steps made of white marble.

Grim and Billy began walking up the steps, “what is this place Grim”, Billy asked?

Grim tapped his chin thoughtfully, “I don’t know Billy. But I have a feeling I should.”

Grim’s train of thought was interrupted when spotted someone at the top of the stairs, seemingly waiting for them.
He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes, he wore a black combat suite, and boots. Grim guessed he was come kind of security guard.

“It’s about time you got here.”

Grim’s eyes narrowed, “you were expecting us?

“Yeah now come on”, he gestured to the door, “we’re wanted.”

Grim didn’t like where this was going but he wanted to get to the bottom of this so he decided to cooperate, for the time being.

They walked up to the two massive oak doors. Before proceeding, their “guide”, put on a pair of black sunglasses. Grim didn’t understand why someone would wear sunglasses when going inside, until the door opened.

Inside was a storm of pink and bright reds, the highly polished stone walls and floor reflected the bright colours creating a very bright room. A red carpet led up to a tent made of sheets hanging from the ceiling.

Grim turned to him, “I don’t suppose you have a spare?”

He shook his head and started walking towards the tent, Billy and Grim following behind.

The entered and saw a beautiful woman, blonde hair and blue eyes, dressed like an Arabian belly dancer, “hello boys.”

Billy and Grim were flabbergasted, and didn’t know what to say.

She stood up, “I’m Venus, goddess of love and beauty.”

Grim slapped his forehead, “shoulda known.”

Venus continued, “you’ve been brought here because you are in a position to save the world.”

Grim sighed, “figures.

“Yeah, I know the feeling.”

Grim didn’t recognize the voice and immediately turned around and was instantly astonished. Both he and Billy had seen many strange creatures, but none like this.

The first thing you notice was that his body was a blue sphere with black sunglasses. The next thing you notice was that he had no arms or legs, but somehow his body was suspended over his steel boots and his hands still moved. His left hand was gloved in a metal gauntlet, but it was his right that was different. Instead of a hand he had a steel cylinder with three claws evenly spaced coming out of it.

Venus spoke, “Oh where are my manners, I’d like you to meet my employees, Rick and you’ve already met Terrence.”

Grim raised an eyebrow, not who I’d expect to be cupids.

“We’re not cupids”, they said with irritation

Grim crossed his arms, than what do you call yourselves?”

Venus smirked, “In debt.”

Grim and Billy looked at her.

“Yes they owe me for granting them their own fairytale endings.”

Terrence spoke, “aren’t we a little of topic?”

Venus sighed, “yes I suppose”, she sat down, “now Billy in order for me to continue, I have to hit you.”

Billy froze, “with what?”

Venus pulled out a bow and a heart arrow, “with this”, she fired and his Billy in the forehead.

Billy was completely encompassed in bright light, causing the others(except those with sunglasses) to shield their eyes. When it subsided, Billy was different. His nose had shrunk and his head was no longer pointy, but rounded.

Grim asked, “what happened?”

Venus sighed again, “well I had to make Billy intelligent or this task would be next to impossible.”

Billy looked at his hands, “I’m, smart? Then why am I looking at my hands.”

Venus nodded, “you are for now.”

Grim looked horrified, “what, how long?”

Venus held up a hand, “one thing at a time. You’ve been brought here because you are close to the problem.”


Grim crossed his arms, “which is?”

Venus shook her head, “who.”

Grim rolled his eyes.

Venus continued, “ long ago, Eris Goddess of Chaos was dating an Ice Demon named Icabus, Until they had a harsh breakup and he set out to rob others of the very thing he was denied and made it his mission to win Eris back, and in order to both things he decided that the best way would be to take over the world.

But he eventually he realized that in order to do it, he needed a vessel, a human vessel. But in order to get in a position to conquer the human spirit, he would have to possess their soul early, in their conception, or just after.

Gears began to turn in Billy and Grim’s heads as they began to figure out where this was going..

“Icabus possessed your friend Mandy.”

Billy and Grim were only slightly surprised at this revelation, but they were surprised that it wasn’t actually Mandy who had made their lives hell.

“So”, Grim asked picking up his scythe, “does this mean we kill her?”

“No”, Venus and Billy shouted.

Grim looked heartbroken.

“It’s Icabus not Mandy who’s made your life a living hell”, Venus reminded him. “Besides if you simply killed her then he would simply find another host.”

Grim tapped his chin, “but what will happen to Mandy.”

“If we succeed then she will go from being a terrible and ruthless Tyrantess, to the sweet
lovable girl she truly is.”

Grim was gleeful, this would make his life so much easier if they succeeded.

“What do we do”, Billy asked enthusiastically.

Venus smiled at Billy’s spirit, “all right but we only have till the end of the week to act.”

Grim and Billy turned white, (well Grim turned whiter), “only a week!”

Venus nodded sadly, “it’s the only time there will be when her true self is strongest and he is weakest

They sighed, “okay, Grim said, “what do we do.”

Venus grinned, “that’s the easy part.”

Grim and Billy were trying to figure out if that was good or bad.

“Yes you see, being an Ice Demon he maintains an influence over Mandy by encasing her heart in a block of Ice, hence the block of ice is him. The only way to destroy him is to melt it.”

Billy nodded okay how?

“The ice is situated around the heart, so only feelings of the heart can melt it.”

Grim nodded understanding, “love.”

Venus nodded, “right. But the ice is so cold that only the most fiery and passionate love can melt it.”

Billy’s eyes widened and Grim was snickering behind him, “but I couldn’t, she wouldn’t-

“You can both do it Billy, you only need to give her and yourself an opportunity.”

Billy gulped and Grim stepped in, “what if we succeed?”

Venus smiled, then Billy will keep his intelligence and he and Mandy will become lovers, and you Grim will most likely be set free of a slave’s life.”

Grim managed a wide grin while Billy blushed.

Venus relaxed, “I know the odds are long but if there’s anyone who can do this, it’s you, and you do have help”, she said gesturing to the other two.

Grim and Billy nodded happy to have whatever help they could get.

“Now”, Venus said, “we’ve wasted enough time talking, you should go.

Wait”, Grim asked, “I want to know how you brought us here and what that black thing was.

That black thing was what sent you here”, Rick replied throwing a box at Grim.

Grim caught it just as Venus waved her hand and sent them back to exactly where they had been before.

Grim looked at the label on the box and read aloud, “Acme Portable Holes.” Grim had an exasperated expression, then he turned to Billy, “come on boy, we’ve got things to do.”
Sign up to rate and review this story