Categories > Cartoons > Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy > Heat of Passion

Outer Conflict

by Roguespirit 0 reviews

Mandy has an internal conversation about her external side, and Grim and Billy take a trip.

Category: Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-19 - 610 words

0Unrated
Heat of Passion
Chapter 2: Outer Conflict

Mandy sat on the bench outside on the school grounds, school had just ended and she was taking the time to review her thoughts.

Her earlier verbal battle with Mindy was foremost in her mind, and the events during, starting with Mindy's greeting.

She looked down at herself, and for some reason that eluded her, she was dissatisfied. She was angry, she wasn't supposed to care what people thought of her, she didn't she told herself, people were supposed to gain her approval, not the other way around.

She grunted, but there was no denying it, she did care what people thought of her and she hated it. She was Mandy she wasn't supposed to be unmoved by anything, she inspired fear and got what she wanted.

She clenched her teeth, that was how it used to be. In modern society you ether got respect through fear or approval. Since she obviously couldn't get approval, she could only use fear, and for a long time, it had worked, but now she didn't have any such power.

After all the boys had hit puberty she had been unable to inspire fear into any but the most hardcore nerds. On the others, her attempts to induce fear had only been met with amusement. Her hardest punches and most lethal threats resulted in them wearing huge smiles and fits of laughter, it made her furious.

She couldn't scare the girls anymore ether because they thought she was ugly and an embarrassment to the female species. They feared her like they would a mosquito, nothing more than a pest, a nuisance.

She looked up across the campus and, the busses were leaving. Sighing she got up and started walking home.

Her mind went back to the morning's events. She had punched Billy in the face and said it was his fault. What "it" was, she didn't know, but she new "it" wasn't his fault. Accusing someone else of something that was your own fault was cowardly, afraid to face the consequences of your own actions when it was necessary.

What upset her most however was that she had punched Billy, not because she cared about him, parish the thought, but punching someone when they didn't deserve it like that, showed only ones own insecurity, and insecurity showed weakness, and she despised weakness, especially in herself.

She arrived home and opened the door, her mom was dusting in the living room, "welcome back sweetie, how was your day?
"I don't wanna talk about it", Mandy hissed.

Without another she went upstairs to her room. She closed the door behind her and plopped on the bed vainly holding back tears.


Billy was walking home from school, happily humming a tune to himself. Just ahead, near his house, Grim was standing in front of a tree.

"Oh your gonna get it dis time, you've been dodgin me long enough.

Grim", Billy asked as he came up to him, "why you talking to the tree?"

Grim had an annoyed look on his bony face, "I'm not talking to the tree Billeh, I'm talking to the DAMN SQUIRREL THAT'S BEEN DODGIN ME FOR FIVE FUCKING YEARS "

Billy stared, "so why don't you reap him?"

Grim snapped, "BECAUSE HE'S UNDER THE DAMN TREE YOU FUCKING RETARD "

Billy ignored Grim's yelling and bend down near the base of the tree. He reached with his hand through the hole and pulled out an about-to-expire squirrel.

Grim was in a state of shock, anger, and disbelief.

Just then, something black flew towards them and landed at their feet, then it expanded beneath them and they fell in.
Sign up to rate and review this story