Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

If You Were Here I'd Never Have A Fear

by Alala19 4 reviews

Max confronts Dylan about his second child and you learn a bit about her past.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-02-05 - Updated: 2011-02-05 - 1825 words - Complete

1Ambiance
I unbuckled my seatbelt, and opened the car door, before getting out. I turned to look at the house before making my way up the drive for the third time today. I’m like a boomerang. I always end up back at this house. I stood out of the way, and allowed Billy to unlock the front door, before allowing her and Ben into the house first. I stepped into the hallway, and shut the door behind me quietly, noting the eerie silence.


Ben walked into the kitchen, and I decided to follow him, since Billy walked upstairs.
I noted a figure through the window, and sighed. I made my way to the garden, and leant against the house as I watched Dylan sit on a patch of grass under a tree. It was the same tree me and Billy had been sitting under the day before. He ended the call, and I stared at his back as he put his cell phone back into his pocket. He sat there for a few minutes, before I decided to walk over.

I sat down next to him. Not looking at him or saying a word. Instead I looked at the rose bush on front of us. The pink roses were blooming nicely in the June weather.

“Congratulations.” I said finally, my voice quiet and calm. Dylan sighed loudly.

“Don’t say that.” he said quietly.

“Why not?” I asked, finally turning my head to the left, my eyes dancing along his profile. He sighed and looked down, before looking up again.

“We can’t have another kid.” he said. His voice not as calm as before, but still eerily calm. My gaze remained on him.

“Why not?” I asked. I knew the answer to these questions, but I wanted to hear them from him, as proof I guess.

He sighed and took a quick glance at me, before turning back to the rose bush in front of us.

“We can’t afford another kid.” he said, with a hint of sadness.

I didn’t say anything, but turned my gaze away from him, and back to the bush, a particular rose catching my attention. It was not fully blossomed, but half way there. It was beautiful.

“I got fired.” Dylan said reluctantly a few seconds later.

I didn’t respond, just nodded my head and kept my gaze on the rose. The pinkness of the petals glowing in the June sun.

“Get another one.” I said finally, and dragging my eyes away from the rose, to study Dylan. He smiled and shook his head.

“It doesn’t work like that.” he said. His voice no longer calm, but a little rough.

“Why not?”

“I’m a fucking artist. I was working for a stupid magazine. That was small pay, but just enough. I’ve tried to get another job before.” he said. His voice a little raised.

“Why not? You could be a painter. Or go for another job, that doesn’t involve art. A bartender?” I suggested.

He shook his head, obviously not really interested in any of those jobs.

“Well, I’ll support you guys, until you get another job. It’s the least I could do.” I said watching his Adam’s apple move as he swallowed. He just laughed causing me to frown.

“You’re my baby sister. You can’t support me.” he said laughing.

“Why not? I’ve done a whole lot more with my life than you have.” I said bitterly.

“I’m sorry…” he said softly. I sighed and nodded before turning my attention once again to the rose.

“What about mom and dad?” I asked. Forcing myself to say the two words I despised. In the corner of my eyes, I saw him turn to look at me.

“How bad will I sound? Asking my parents for money, I’m 29.” he said. I shook my head, before turned my head to meet his gaze.

“It’s not just the money is it?” I asked, knowing full well, something else was bothering him. I could read his eyes like a book. He looked down, confirming my suspicions.

“What is it? Why don’t you want the baby?” I demanded. My voice a little more raised than before.

“I just don’t want it.” he said simply. I snorted and shook my head disbelievingly.

“What do you mean you don’t want it?” I demanded, anger rising from the pit of my stomach.

“I just don’t want the kid ok?” he shot back. His eyes filled with rage.

“That woman is in there, carrying the baby you created. Your own flesh and blood and you tell me you don’t want it?” I shot back. He glared at me, before standing up and looking down at me.

“Don’t talk to me like that.” he said through gritted teeth. I stood up and looked up at him, staring him in the eyes.

“You’re an inconsiderate prick. How can you decide to terminate a part of you? Something you created. You might as well go and terminate Ben as well.” I fired at him, looking him in the eyes.

“Why do you fucking care?” he shouted at me. I stared at him, before closing my eyes, and inhaling deep breaths, as I counted to 5 in my head; in an attempt to control my anger. I looked up at him. His face and eyes as menacing as ever, but they didn’t scare me.

“Because some of us aren’t as fucking lucky as you.” I said through gritted teeth, before pushing past him and making my way back into the house.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I unlocked the door to my new house and stepped in.

“Greetings!” Frank called from the living room, as I shut the front door. I laughed at his dorky comment, before returning it. I ran up the stairs and closed my bedroom door behind me. I sat on my new bed and pulled my shoes off, before lying down on the bed and closing my eyes.

I never knew that I’d come back to such drama. I’ve been back in New Jersey for two days and there’s been so much drama. It kind of makes the army seem boring. I sighed before opening my eyes, debating with myself whether or not to move. I got off the bed, and walked over to my closet. I pulled out my backpack, and placed it on my bed. I sat in front of it, and just stared at it for a few seconds.

I opened it, and brought out a deep purple crushed velvet box. I sat there stroking the lid for a few moments, before finally opening it. I pulled out the small photo frame, and studied the handsome man standing inside the golden frame, his green eyes twinkling with happiness. I smiled, and blocked out any emotions. I had learned this art. It’s an art I had taken a couple of months developing, but I’ve used it to its full advantage. I gently placed the photo frame on the bed, so that the smiling figure was smiling up at me. I stroked the glass of the picture, with a smile on my face, before drawing my attention back to the box.

I looked inside the box, and brought out the delicate silver ring. I twirled it my fingers, before being snapped to attention by a knock on my bedroom door. I quickly shoved he ring, and the photo frame back into the purple box, just as the door opened. I looked up at Frank, who stood in the doorway with a friendly smile. I smiled back, and shut the lid of the box. He stood in front of me, as I put the box back into my backpack carefully, before looking up at him.

“What was that?” he asked, as he sat down on the bed beside me.

“Oh, nothing.” I said, hoping he wouldn’t press the subject further. He seemed to understand, because he nodded.

“I just came up to see if you were ok. I mean, you looked a bit… down when you came in.” he said. His eyes locked onto mine. I smiled a friendly smile. Happy and flattered that he was concerned about me.

“I’m ok. It’s just been a big day.” I said, moving my eyes from his. He nodded again.
“It’s weird as well. It’s a big adjustment from the army. I mean, I’ve been living a completely different life for the past few years, and then to come back. It’s weird.” I said honestly, bringing my eyes back to his.

“Well, there go my plans for tonight.” Frank pouted.

I looked at him with a confused, yet intrigued expression.

“I was planning on throwing you a house party, to welcome you.” he said dramatically, like his plans were going to save the world, and I had just ruined them.

I laughed. A house party? I only just moved in here today.

“Well, I guess you could arrange it for another day.” I suggested, not wanting to sound ungrateful. He had thought about, and tried to plan a party for me. “Yeah… true. It is a bit too soon isn’t it?” he said more to himself. “How about tomorrow?” he suggested, his eyes lighting up with excitement, and hope at the idea.

“Ok.” I said with a smile, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

“Wanna watch a movie with me and Mikey?” he asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Nah. I’ll watch one with you guys tomorrow. I could really do with a nice hot bath, and going to sleep. Today has worn me out.” I said, feeling bad once again. I just moved in with them, and I’ve not even spent much time with them, or got to know them. Instead, I’ve been too absorbed in trying to fix my family.

“Oh. Ok then” Frank said, sounding a little bummed out. “I’ll hold you to that though” he said, suddenly lighting up again, and pointing a finger at me.

“Hold me to what?” I asked.

“You said you’re gonna watch a movie with me and Mikey tomorrow.” he reminded me. His eyes full of childish fun.

“I got one better” I said with a huge playful smile. Frank looked at me with curiosity.
“I’ll make a bet on it” I said, holding out my hand. Frank instantly put his hand in mine.

“Deal.” he said.



Authors Note:
I don’t want to get all mean on you guys but I’ve decided no reviews? No story. Thank you shortygirl for your commitment and reviews to this story, I am grateful. If you guys want more updates, you better get to reviewing. And a sequel? I better get more ratings as well.
Sign up to rate and review this story