Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Broken, Beaten and The Damned

I Just Wanted An Escape

by dollypin 0 reviews

I'd been threw this before so shouldn't I know what to do insted of running away crying and chain smokeing?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-02-07 - Updated: 2011-02-07 - 964 words - Complete

1Moving
We strolled up the path to his house and Gerard pulled a key from his pocket unlocking the door. Gerard's house was painted with warm coulors and family photos lined the walls. A certain picture always stuck out to me. It was off Gerard and his brother on their holiday maybe two years ago. Mikey had his hands wrapped around his brother in an almost protective way, Gerard was slightly slumpted on Mikeys shoulder looking empty and beaten down.

Even though it was appearent in this photo that Gerard was going threw some hard times his parents still kept the picture on the wall. That was one of the things I loved about the Ways they didn't just sweep things under the rug they dealt with them.

“It is it uncomfortable having that picture on the wall?” The words almost fell out of my mouth and I instantly regreted it.

“Which one?” asked Gerard confused on what I was talking about. I gestured to the picture of Mikey and him and for a minute I thought I'd made him uncomfortable until he turned around to face me and sighed.

“At times” he explained “But it's nice knowing that it's in the past now, It's nice to think I've gotten over it, yeah know?”

I nodded even though I had no idea what It felt like to have pulled your self out of a hole having never succeed in doing it myself. I followed Gerard threw to the kitchen which is a soft yellow coulor that made the room feel homely. Gerard often complains that it's to bright for the morning but I disagree, it's a gentle wake up. I toke a seat at the table ,Gerard flicked the kettle on then sat down beside me.

“You want something to eat?” he offered.I shoke my head.

“I'm fine” He looked at me disaprovingly then hearing the kettle pop sauntesed over to make his coffee. I felt the craving so I walk over to Gerard.

“Can I bum a smoke off you?” I pleaded. Gerard didn't hesitate like most would do before handing a smoke and a lighter to a sixteen year old kid just reached into his pocket and toke out a box placed them into my hand.

“Thanks” I mummbled with the smoke already in my mouth I wandered over to the door of garden and begin to pull it open stepping out into Gerards back garden. The air was cold and the rotting boards of the deck squeaked under my weight. I toke my first drag off the smoke and inhaled deeply feeling the hot smoke burn the back of throat. My jacket was light and soon I was shaking with the cold.

“Frank” I heard Gerard call from behide me. I turned around to see his head poking out of the door.

“Come inside, your shaking” he told me. I waved the smoke in his face. “Drop the smoke” I sighed to myself because in all my short life I had never thrown a smoke on the ground before I had to and I fucking hate myself for it. Gerard waited a few seconds until I shoke my head and he knew I wasn't coming inside until I'd smoked the whole thing.

It was another five minutes until I finshed and when I did I made my way back into the kitchen where Gerard sat at the table oppisite Mikey.

“Hey” greeted Mikey he looked uncomfortble as he played with the loose threads on his jumper “Listen Frank ,I got some bad new” Gerard pointed at the seat beside him and when I sat down he placd his hand lightly on my leg.

This situation was all to familar to one I'd already exprinced as a young child. I was sitting in English class ignoring the teacher and doodleing little poems on the front cover off my book when my name was echoed around the room. I looked up to see the teacher leaning over me. I thought I was in trouble but she ignored my doodle and told me to get my stuff and head to the prinpals office. I just nodded, I'd been threw this so much already It had lost all power over me, the shouting, the threats of being held back, suspension even expulsion didn't worry me. I walked slowly to the office but when I arrived there was no red faced Mr. Korney waitting for me just a kind looking women who I believed was the school nurse.

“Hello Frank” she smilied at me at the time It didn't seem strange but when I look back on it she waas being far to polite I should have suspected something.

“Water?” she offered, I shook my head so she led me threw to the prinpals office. Mr.Korney was sitting behide his desk wearing he same expression as the nurse wore.

“Hello Frank” he greeted in an voice alot gentler then what he usually wore “Take a seat” There was two empty chairs in front of his desk and I took the one to the left, the nurse sat down beside me.

“Frank, I'm afraid your mothers been found dead, theres police outside they want to ask you a few questions” he explained. My mouth dropped, my body froze up and tears began to stream down my face. The nurse but a warm hand on my lap and muttered a quiet “I'm sorry” I cried in that room for a good hour before I was pulled outside by the police for questioning. Every time they said my mothers name a tear would escape me and run down my cheek.
Now Mikey sat infront of me and Gerard had a hand on my lap
“Sorry Frank” muttered Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story