Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Story of Complications Part 2

Chapter 8.

by Wicked_Lovely 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-02-07 - Updated: 2011-02-07 - 3204 words - Complete

0Unrated

Ryan sat on the couch, watching the people around him. He knew he wasn't acting the way he normally was. He hated it. He wanted to go back to normal. He wanted everything to go back to the way it was. Before the suicide attempt, before being alone for months, before being alone with him for months, before the drugs, before all of it. When things were perfect. Well, as perfect as it got for Ryan. He sighed, Patrick and Spencer were hovering over a laptop, they were trying to find Brendon. Jon was talking to Pete -looking at Ryan- hands covering their mouths. He knew what they were talking about, the clouds hadn't left. Not since Ryan woke up from his week long sleep. They came in with a storm of ravens. All of them hovering over everywhere Ryan went. He knew they noticed. No one could miss it. Except if Brendon saw. He would be too caught up in his own world. Maybe it was best he wasn't here....
No, that's not right. He needs to come back. He looked over at the notebook in his lap. Scattered song lyrics mixed with notes for the piano. Notes for Brendon to sing and play. He shook his head. He wanted him to come back. He NEEDED him to come back.
"Found it!" Patrick screamed happily.
"Patrick you're a genius!" Spencer yelled happily, hugging him. He wondered why Spencer cared. Recently -actually it probably was always there- he seemed to hate Brendon, just the mention or thought of him made Spencer cringe. It was probably because he wanted to make him happy. He hated seeing Ryan sad. Or anything other than the little boy that he always would be at heart. Even if right now on the outside he was cold and angry. Truth be told, he was cold and angry on the inside to. He couldn't help it, something must have happened when he turned, a little bit of Pete's personality rubbing off on him maybe? Probably.
"Ryan, come on, we have to go grab some things." Pete said, shaking Ryan from his thoughts.
"Right." He said standing and following Pete into the basement where they proceeded to gather weapons. Of course, they were able to kill with their bare hands, but it took a lot of energy, and you never know how many people you're going to have to go up against. Or at least, that's what Pete said. Ryan didn't believe it. He decided that at the moment, he couldn't trust a single word slipping past his four friends lips. He got in the back, siting next to Jon and a door. He lite a cigarette, taking a drag as Patrick went on about how he had figured it out with Spencer's help. Ryan honestly couldn't care less. Actually, he probably could have. If it didn't have anything to do about Brendon, he probably wouldn't have even bothered talking to him. The only thing that Patrick and Pete actually seemed to be worth, at the moment, was for their blood. He had tried Spencer's and Jon's, but human just wasn't as good as his own kind's.
He took another long drag, finishing off the cigarette before putting it out on his skin. A bad habit he had come up with that Spencer could rant about for hours. He wondered if his friends knew that he had decided to put them all on ignore for the past few days.
"You do realize this is exactly what they want, right?" Ryan said without emotion from the back seat. Everyone was quite, it was the first time he had said a full sentence today. Something he hadn't been doing all that much recently.
"What do you mean?" Pete asked.
"They want you, not Brendon. God, how dumb are you Pete? Brendon never did anything to piss them off, unlike you." Ryan said harshly, he could see the pain in Pete's eyes, and he wanted to take it back, but he didn't know how. He didn't even know if Pete would accept an apology. He had been treating them all like shit the past few days. Every time he said something rude, or had done something stupid, he wanted to take it back immediately afterwords. It wasn't him talking. He was a nice person, always listening and caring. But not now. Why not now? Ryan put his head on one of his hands, staring out the window at the highway. Him getting mad at himself was only going to make it worse when he talked to other people. He had to try to sit back and relax.
Pete pulled up to an old rundown factory, and Ryan got the chills just looking at it. Not that he'd let anyone notice. Pete sighed, looking at the abandoned building.
"Are you sure this is the right place, it's deserted."
"Yeah, this is right. There's probably a hidden door somewhere or something." Patrick said, while looking at his maps, just as unsure as Pete. Ryan got out, not bothering to listen to them bicker more about whether or not it was the right place. Arguing would solve nothing, but exploring might. He heard Spencer yelling after him, and ignored his calls to come back. He looked in at one of the broken windows, the place seemed empty other than some old boxes, but the floor's dust was recently disturbed. He walked around the building, finding two large doors that were chained tightly together. He slammed his fists against the doors, putting identical dents in them. But they refused to move. He walked back around to the nearest window, jumping in. He had a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach, and chills were running up and down his spine. There was a tight grasp on his hand, and he turned around sharply, prepared to fight.
"Ryan!" Spencer said out of breath. "You got ahead of us, they didn't want you wandering around this place alone." He said, releasing Ryan from his grasp.
"Okay." Ryan said wondering off immediately. He stomped his foot with every other step, looking for a trap door. Spencer followed close behind, trying not to spazz about the eeriness of the building.
"This place is creepy as hell. Do you really think there's a door? And even if there is a door, who's to say Brendon's there? Or that it's on the floor? Or that we'll make it out?" Ryan shrugged, not knowing how to respond to the questions flying past the lips of his friend. The dust that was laying still on the ground attached to the tight pitch black pants that Ryan was wearing as a second skin. He followed the foot prints, constantly disturbing the dust. "You know, you look good in all black." As Spencer said it a bunch of boxes fell over in the back of the building, and both their heads snapped to the direction the noise had come from.
"Sorry." Pete said, putting both his hands up. He was followed by Jon, the two of them walking towards Ryan and Spencer. "Patricks staying in the car, a quick escape type of deal." Pete said waving his hand in the air loosely.
"Right, thank's Spence." Ryan said before going back to what he was doing. He stomped down on the ground which emitted a hollow sound.
"Yes! You found it!" Spencer said excited as Ryan got down on his knees. He brushed the dust off the door, feeling the edges of where it cut out of the normal floor. Pete sat down beside him, finding a latch before opening the door. There was a ladder dangling down into the dark room, and Ryan jumped in, ignoring the calls from his friends and the ladder behind him. He pulled out his lighter, allowing the room to have a dim light as Spencer slid down the ladder. "It's so cold down here." Ryan wanted to tell him to shut up, but decided against it. Just because he was always freezing cold like only the dead could be, or burning hot like his veins were on fire, didn't mean he had to be rude to his friend. Pete and Jon followed them down, looking at the walls splattered with blood.
"Thank god for your bad habit." Jon said.
"You're welcome." Ryan said, walking towards a hall that had a dim light coming out of it.
There was a room at the end of the hall, four men sitting at a table laughing and drinking. Ryan felt disgusted by them, and immediately became angry. These were the people that had taken his Brendon from him. And even if they hadn't, they had to be doing something wrong in the basement of an abandoned warehouse. He pulled a butterfly knife out of his pocket, and Pete held his shoulder, making sure he didn't throw it.
"Wait, we're both going to do this at the same time. We can't make much noise, there could be others. And to add to that, we need answers." Ryan nodded.
"What are your orders sir?" Ryan spat sarcastically.
"I'll take the two on the left, you take the two on the right. Don't kill them, just knock them out." Ryan nodded, it would be hard to not kill them. "On three, okay?" Pete said forcing Ryan to look at him. "One...Two- Ryan! Dammit what the hell are you doing?" Ryan ran into the other room, slitting one of the men's throats angrily, one of the others attacking him as one of the others ran to Pete to shut him up and the fourth went to get help. Ryan quickly stabbed the one who was attacking him while Pete killed the third. "What the hell was that? You know, we're all screwed now!" Pete screamed.
"It's not my fault you're fucking dumb enough to come here! They want you you know, you should leave! All three of you!" Ryan screamed before running down the hall that the fourth one had escaped to. Pete watched Ryan disappear behind the door, looking at it with amazement. And not five seconds later, Ryan's body was flung threw the door splitting it in half, and knocking him to the wall across from the door.
"Oh shit, run!" Pete said, grabbing onto Jon's arm and dragging him down the hall that the room with the ladder. Spencer ran over to Ryan, helping him up. There was a storm brewing in Ryan's deep chocolate eyes, scaring the hell out of Spencer.
"Ry, you okay?" Ryan just growled in response as Pete and Jon tried to escape. But Ryan refused, and Spencer didn't want to leave him. There were five guards in the room now, Pete was screaming at them incoherently, and even though Ryan had broken ribs, and most definitely had bruises forming on his back, he stood and attacked one of them like an animal. It scared Spencer enough that he didn't even notice the guard that was behind him until he was being pinned to the ground. Ryan was kicking, and screaming, and punching. The knife he had held had been thrown out of his hand, and he was trying his hardiest to win. But he was, of course, outnumbered. He would knock down one, only to have another two attack him, and then he'd knock one of them down to see the last one he knocked down was back on his feet. One of them grabbed him by his shoulder, shoving him to the ground. He groaned, punching the guard as he attempted to grab Ryan's hands. He succeeded in grabbing one, as another one took hold of Ryan's free arm. Ryan struggled, Moving his arms violently, trying to get them out of their grip, as he continued to kick and scream. Spencer watched as he was pulled up by his wrists like he was a rioter being taken in by the police.
"Shut up!" One of them screamed at Ryan, punching him hard in his stomach, more of his ribs breaking. He continued to struggle as they pushed him down a hall, pushing Spencer down as well. The slammed Ryan into a big door as he continued to struggle. One of the guards unlocked the chain that held the doors shut tightly, before opening the door. They shoved Ryan threw the door, and he slid across the room, stopping when his head hit the wall and started to bleed. They tossed Spencer in before shutting the door. Brendon looked up at the motion going on in the small room, blinking rapidly as he looked at the scene.
"Ryan?" He whispered. Spencer noticed Brendon and walked over to him, sitting on the cold floor next to him. Brendon kept his gaze on Ryan, who looked like a caged animal. His hair was messed up, his makeup smeared, there was a cut on his stomach, making the tight black v-neck he was wearing have a jagged tear in it, unleashing cold blood. His tight black jeans, that looked like a second skin had tears in the knees, and the black and silver rosary around his neck that shined in the dull light. He had a crazed look in his eyes, which were clouded with rage. It scared Brendon to see Ryan look like this, his hands handcuffed to his back, and his face pulled into an angry sneer. Ryan ran towards the door, slamming into it on his shoulder with all his body mass. The door didn't budge, and he backed up, getting ready to do it again.
"Don't say a word to him. Just let him blow off some steam. He thinks they killed you, you know." Spencer said and Brendon looked over at him. He hadn't even noticed that Spencer had sat down next to him. He laughed at the fact that Spencer was the only one that wasn't handcuffed. Brendon heard another loud bang, and his head shot up, only to see Ryan panting against the door before backing up and running towards it again.
"He looks so angry." Brendon said as he watched Ryan repeatedly throw himself at the door.
"He is, I've only seen him like this once before, and that was earlier this week." Spencer said laughing, but there was no humor in his laugh.
"I've seen him once like this before..." Brendon said closing his eyes. "We were in a bar, and Ryan had come to get me...There was this man, I can't remember what he looked like, but he was angry. And I accidentally ran into him, so of course, he was pissed. He pulled out a pocket knife, and as soon as Ryan saw it, he attacked him. He refused to let him hurt me. It was a stupid move for him...Ryan got away with almost beating him to death thanks to his lovely knife. It was out of self defense...Right?" Brendon looked up at Spencer, slightly scared while Ryan continued to ram his shoulder against the door.
"He was protecting you, so yes." Spencer said nodding. Brendon heard a large snap and everyone looked over at the door to see Ryan sliding down it slowly, the arm that belonged to the shoulder that hit the door falling limp to his side, with his eyes squeezed tightly shut. Spencer whistled. "Ryan, come over here and say hello." He said with a smile as Ryan opened his eyes and saw Brendon in the room for the first time. All anger he had on his face and in his eyes fell, and he stood shakily. He still looked slightly like an animal, the only thing that was different was how the anger was replaced with an odd amazement. He ran over to Brendon, tackling him even though he couldn't move either of his arms to hug him.
"Brendon! I thought I'd never see you again!" He said, snuggling his face in Brendon's neck as Brendon wrapped his arms around him carefully.
"It's good to see you too love." Brendon said kissing his cheek, ignoring the taste of blood.
"Awww, you two are so cute together!" Phil said enthusiastically from the wall he was chained to, Dan sitting on the floor next to him.
"Their so perfect for each other." Dan said in agreement.
"Leave 'em alone. They haven't seen each other in weeks, and they deserve to spend some time together." Spencer said looking at the two boys across the room, who nodded and continued talking quietly to each other.
"They hurt you?" Ryan asked, looking at Brendon's swollen face.
"I provoked them." Brendon said smiling sheepishly. "I think you're a little more damaged than me. Did you dislocate your arm?" He asked touching Ryan's shoulder gently. Ryan jerked away fiercely as a wave of pain washed over him.
"I-I don't know." He said looking down as Brendon gently touched his arm again. Ryan refused to move away, missing the touch of his friend.
"I'm going to try and fix it, but darling, it's going to hurt like crazy." Ryan looked at Brendon like a scared animal, his eyes resembling a deer caught in headlights.
"Promise you'll be gentle?" Ryan whispered putting his head under Brendon's chin.
"As much as possible. You know I would never purposely hurt you." Brendon said, putting one of his hands on Ryan's arm and the other on his shoulder. "Ready?" Ryan nodded slowly, not ready but not wanting to drag it out. Brendon quickly jerked it back into place, receiving a scream from Ryan.
"Oh god! That fucking hurts!" Ryan screamed shaking against Brendon.
"Shh, just calm down. I know it hurts." Brendon hushed Ryan as he rubbed his back carefully. "You know, you're adorable when you're in pain." He beamed at the smaller boy.
"You're such a sadistic person." Ryan muttered under his breath, smiling up at Brendon.
"God, and in that tight clothing with that angry smirk...You know you drive me crazy, right?" Ryan laughed lightly, snuggling into Brendon's chest.
"How long have they held you here?" He whispered, not sure if it was the proper thing to say at a time like this or not.
"I think...about a week. I'm not sure. They've mostly came in here to try and get information, and they occasionally feed us."
"And they beat you." Ryan said, kissing a cut on Brendon's neck gently.
"And they beat us. But they haven't gotten anything out of us other than blood. They keep asking us about Pete and Patrick. I'm guessing their who found out where I was?" Ryan nodded. "Thought so. What in the hell did they do?"
"I'm not entirely sure. I just know that they really pissed someone off."
"Well yeah, why else would they beat us to try and get information?" Brendon said laughing a little. Ryan smiled yawning slightly. "Tired?" Brendon laughed.
"Maybe a little." Ryan muttered.
"It has to be uncomfortable to have your hands tied behind your back."
"It is." Ryan sighed, closing his eyes as he rested on Brendon.
"Wanna go to sleep?" Brendon asked as he kissed Ryan's head gently, but Ryan was already lost in dream land.
Sign up to rate and review this story