Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?

Chapter Four~

by CyanideSunlight 3 reviews

Lunch and online conversations.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-02-16 - Updated: 2012-06-17 - 1492 words

0Unrated
I was about to leave for lunch when I heard a voice.
"Do you wanna come to lunch with us?"
I turned around, surprised and saw Gerard smiling at me and Mikey giving him a weird look.
I thought about it for a minute.
Nobody ever wants to sit with me except Hoz and Jo.
"Uh yeah sure. As long as you don't mind sitting with my friends too.."
They looked at eachother then Mikey looked down and Gerard looked at me.
"Yeah no problem."
We walked to the lunch room and got our food, then sat down at my usual table, way at the back corner. I was looking around, waiting for Hozzie and Jo.
About five minutes later, I saw them. They looked at Gerard and Mikey weirdly then walked over shyly.
"Uh hey Aimee, did you replace us?" asked Hoz.
"'Course not. I met these guys and they're pretty cool. They're new here."
I pointed to Gerard and said his name then did the same for Mikey as Hoz and Jo sat down.
It was awkward for about ten minutes. Nobody talked, they just looked around and ate.
Then I saw her.
Alissa Rich, the popular bitch.
Heh. That rhymes.. I realized.
She was ... well, like I said ... Popular. Everyone either 'loved' her, or hated her. Most loved her, or atleast pretended to.
Alissa had layered black hair, parted to the right with red streaks. She was somewhat tanned with dark eyes. Slender but with curves, and she also had a lip ring. I wasn't gonna lie, she was hot.
I looked at her and she looked back with a disgusted look. I stuck my tongue out at her and turned back to look at my friends. They were all watching Alissa then they suddenly looked at the table, worried. I tilted my head to the side curiously. What happened?
I couple seconds later I heard an unpleasant voice.
"If you do that face again, your face will become even uglier than it already is, you know."
She always says "you know" like it was a mindblowing fact that nobody knew before she said it. She acts like she's so much smarter than she really is.
I turned slowly to look at Alissa and her friend Maxxie Rose.
Maxxie was pretty okay. He had a hot English accent that a lot of people hated, just cause he was different. Though he still hung out with the rich bitch. Maxxie has black hair in a very scene cut with blue streaks. He wears eyeliner and I think white face paint or something, cause he was unnaturally pale. He has a lip ring and a nose ring, and it looked good on him. Oh, and he was kinda short. Like, four inches shorter than me or something.
What's weird about this school is it's cool to be 'emo'. Only the rich bitch did it to be popular. But Maxxie seemed to be really like that.
So 'popular' included black hair, piercings and tattoos, black and red clothes, listening to music that was like, metal and stuff. Basically me. I suppose I would be popular if I gave a shit about offending the rich bitch. I would be just like Maxxie, under her control and in constant fear I'd upset her and get on her bad side. The only difference, I've been on her bad side since day one just because I didn't want to join her posse.
I looked at her with a mock smile.
"Yeah I realize that. I did it on purpose, you know. Now shoo."
I turned back to my table, slightly bored after waving my hand in a rude manner.
Alissa walked away, giving me the finger. Maxxie looked at my table of friends with envy, then followed Alissa.
I looked up and saw Gerard and Mikey's expressions. They were impressed. I shrugged them off and poked at my weird food.
I looked at it, trying to figure out what it was. It looked like macaroni and jello. Should I taste it?
"That was.. Cool. What you did, I mean.."
I looked at Gerard and figured that he was the one who spoke. I shrugged again. "No big deal really. Happens a lot.."
"And you never get beaten up?" Mikey asked, surprised. I was too, this was the first time he's said anything today.
And of course, his voice me me stutter, 'cause it sounded sweet and innocent.
"U-uhm nope. I've never gotten beaten up. Well.. from them I mean.." I said while looking at the table and playing with my fingers.
I heard Gerard start to ask but Hoz shushed him. I pretended not to notice.
There was silence for the rest of lunch. Jo was about to say something, but she got interrupted by the bell. It rang and I looked up at Gerard and Mikey, then at Jo and Hozzie.
"Bye guys." I said and left for my next class without another word.

~

All throughout the rest of the day, it was the same as before. I couldn't stop thinking about Mikey.
This is getting out of hand..
I passed Jo and Hoz a couple times in the hall, but I ignored them. I dunno why, I just didn't feel like dealing with people today. They would understand.

I managed not to get hit by a car on the way home. I realized I actually kinda liked walking. It gave me time to think.
As soon as I got home, I heard my mum yelling.
"ANDREW DEE GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" I heard her holler up the stairs.
Awwh fuck.. I can't even hide in my room!
I see my mum start walking up the stairs so I slip past her and grab the laptop then go to the basement.
"Oi! Knock before you come in.." I heard Paul say.
I didn't answer him, he wouldn't be able to hear me anyway. His music was too loud, I could hear it from his earphones as he was on the computer.
I sat on his couch and turned on the laptop, then got onto Facebook and stuff.
I looked through my notifications and noticed that Mikey accepted my friend request. Yay. I went onto his page, staring at his picture for a minute. His hair was in his face and his glasses were a bit crooked. Gerard was hugging him, and they were both smiling widely, and Gerard's hair was messed up too. I smiled at the picture. They were cute.
I put on my favorite playlist on my Ipod while I looked through the posts on my wall.
Then I noticed that someone was trying to talk to me. It was Mikey..
I gasped quietly then quickly replied to him.

Mikey: Hey.
Me: Hello..
Mikey: What's up?
Me: Nothing, just listening to music.
Mikey: Oh cool. What kind of music?
Me: The musical kind.
Mikey: Oh haha. No really. :p
Me: lol the kind of music the popular kids listen to.
Mikey: Oh you mean like Green Day and stuff?
Me: Yeah.
Mikey: I love that stuff. The Misfits are my fave.
Me: I like Helena by them. And Scream. They're pretty awesome. You're gonna fit in at this school.
Mikey: lol Well that's a good thing.
Me: What other bands do you like?
Mikey: Green Day, Anthrax, Slipknot, that kind of thing, you know?
Me: Yeah. Those are some of my favorite bands, by the way. :P
Mikey: Haha awesome.
Me: Yup. So do you play any instruments or sing or anything?
Mikey: Yeah I used to play guitar but then I switched to bass...
Me: Woah awesome. I play guitar. I wanna play the bass but I can't afford one at the moment. I'll get one one day though.
Mikey: You can use mine if you come to my house.
Me: Really? Thanks. When can I come over? :)


There was a crash upstairs that even Paul heard. He jumped, almost falling off his chair.
I looked at the stairs to the livingroom, worried that mum was gonna come downstairs. Paul saw me.
"It's fine, kid. Mom's not gonna hurt you." he said, trying to reassure me.
"Don't call me kid! Whatever, I just don't wanna get yelled at for no reason." I said then looked at the laptop again. My heart sunk.

Mikey: If you want you can come over now.
Me: Aw fuck, ths isn't a good time.. My mum's pissed and she most likely won't let me leave the house..
Mikey: Nahh it's cool. Maybe tomorrow then?
Me: If I'm not grounded,then sure. Can I walk home with you?
Mikey: Okay yeah. That'll be great.


"GET YOUR ASSES UP HERE NOW !"
I saw Paul run up the stairs before mum could finish that sentence.

Me: I gotta go.
Mikey: Bye, I'll talk to you later?
Me: Yeah bye~


Then I logged off chat and ran up the stairs.
Sign up to rate and review this story