Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life's a Bitch....So Are You

Forever Suddenly Got A Lot Shorter

by mandy9207 2 reviews

Introducing Paige! (I'm a dum dum)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-02-19 - Updated: 2011-02-20 - 1480 words

0Unrated
“What?”

“I…think we should break up.”

Patrick swallowed hard not knowing what to say. “Why??”

“I’m going to college and I’m gonna be away for awhile.”

“That doesn’t matter I have a place in New York I’ll just live there for awhile!

“No it’s not gonna work.” She said as she held back tears.

“Why? Did I do something? The thing with Amber??”

“No you’re perfect. It’s just…I need a breather.”

“There’s somebody else isn’t there?” He said slowly.

“No! Of course not! I would never do that to you!”

“Then what?!?” He asked as his eyes became watery.

“Please Patrick I’m doing this for you. We’re gonna be away from each other and you’ll be on tour and it’s gonna be hard.” Mandy said as she got up and out of the café.

“I don’t care we’ll get through it I promise! Please Mandy you can’t leave!” He said as he got up.

She stood there standing in the snow crying. “Please don’t make this harder on me.”

Patrick shook his head as he got down on one knee and took a ring out of his pocket. “Marry me?”

Mandy cried harder as she looked up avoiding his eyes. “I can’t.”

“Why!?”

“I just can’t!”

“Alright we don’t have to get married! You’re scared I get it please just don’t leave! I’ll give the ring back and we’ll pretend I never brought it up!” He said as he hugged her waist and squeezed her.

“Patrick please.” She said as tears fell off her face.

“What happened to you’ll love me no matter what?? What happened to you’ll stay with me forever?”

She couldn’t tell him what her father said. It was too late. The words that popped up in her head these two words. She never regretted two little words in her whole life so much.

“I lied.”

Patrick slowly let go of her waist and stood back up. “What?”

“I don’t love you.” She choked out.

“You’re lying.”

Mandy shook her head. “I need to go.”

“Fine go. I don’t even care if you just want to give up and run away fine! No skin off my ass!!” He shouted as she walked away.

She turned around to see the hurt look on his face that made her heart hurt. “I’m sorry.”

“Fuck you!”


Mandy sighed as she sat in the airport with Sarah and Pete.

“He’s gonna hate me until the day I die.”

“Why would you do that to him?!” Pete yelled. “He loves you Mandy! He fucking loves you! Did you know he got you a ring and he was planning to marry you?!!”

Mandy nodded as tears rolled down her face.

“Pete shut the fuck up!” Sarah barked.

“What would make you do that to him??! Some shit guy?!” Pete yelled in her face ignoring Sarah.

“NO!” She screamed.

“Then why?” Pete asked as he crossed his arms.

“My father…said if I don’t leave him he won’t give me my money for college.” ‘And I’m scared.’

Pete’s expression changed. “I’m sorry. I had no idea.” He said quietly.


“It’s not worth it.”

“Mandy it’s your life of course it is! Did you tell him this?”

She shook her head.

“Why? If you did he would completely understand!”

“I just couldn’t do it. I don’t know why. I was scared.”

“Of what?” Sarah said as she rubbed her back.

Mandy eyes began to tear again. “I didn’t want him to think that I think college is more important than him.” She lied.

“Mandy that’s ridiculous!”

“I was nervous I just told him anything so he could let me leave.”

“I’ll tell him.” Pete said as he hugged her.

“Don’t. He’ll think you’re lying. Don’t bother Pete it’s history.” She said as more tears flooded her face.

Mandy found her dorm and walked around it looking for her roommate. Paige.

“Fuck it she’s not here.” Mandy said as she picked out a room and unpacked her things. Once she was finished she walked around the university. It was a good school. She signed up for classes that she’d benefit from she even talked with the editor and chief of the college paper which she planned on joining eventually.

She walked around thinking of everyone and everything but Patrick it hurt too much. There she was her first day of college being miserable and alone. Her parents offered to come but she rejected them not wanting to look at her father. Gabe and Victoria called her a couple times but she ignored it. At that moment she just wanted to be alone.

She ate alone and went back to her dorm. Once she walked in she heard the sound of someone rummaging through something.

“Hello?” She said as she set her keys down.

A girl with fire engine red hair and tan that Mandy would’ve killed for popped her head out of one of the bedrooms.

“Paige?”

“Mandy?”

Mandy laughed. “Yeah that’s me your roommate.”

“Oh cool nice to meet you.” She said as she put a box down and gave Mandy her hand.

“You too.” Mandy said as she shook it.

“So what brings you to NYU…oh wait you’re here to go here. Sorry I’m kind of retarded.”

“You don’t seem retarded.” Mandy said as she laughed.

Paige laughed. “I checked your room out. I hope you don’t mind I’m just a freak like that. You put away all you shit pretty fast and it’s all neat and organized! It impressed me. You must’ve had like a million peeps helping you.” She said quickly.

Mandy shook her head. “No just me myself and I.” She said as she sighed.

“Ah, you’re a loner?”

“Sort of.”

“Not for long.” She said as she smiled.

Mandy got along with Paige instantly she was a lot like her really. Mandy was surprised at herself actually when she meets people that remind of herself she often pushes them away but it was hard to do that to Paige. She was just so easy to like.

“What’s your favorite album of ALL time?” Paige said as she scooped up peach yogurt.

“Well, I have a lot of favorites so I’ll just say one of them…Weezer Pinkerton.”

“Nice. Pink Triangle is the shit.”

“I love Across The Sea.”

“Holy shit Mandy this is going to be a B-E-A-Utiful relationship.”

A couple of days went by and Mandy adapted well to college. She loved it actually but she just didn’t show it she forgot how to be happy when she thought about the most she could do was laugh and smile even that felt odd to her.

“Soo is there a penis in your life?”

“No just me and my fingers.”

“Aw bummer you’re hot I don’t understand are you like anti-social? Are you bi-polar???”

Mandy laughed. “No I just suck at relationships. What about you?”

“No I’m not bi-polar.”

“I mea-“

Paige laughed. “I’m just busting your metaphorical balls, yeah I have a boyfriend he’s gorgeous and perfect.”

‘Patrick moved on already huh?’ “What’s his name?”

“Kyle and he is the bees knees.”

“I’m happy for you at least someone in this room is getting some.”

“Was there a penis in your life?”

Mandy sighed. “Yes he was gorgeous and perfect and everything else you’d want in a guy.”


“What happened?”

“I made a dumb ass mistake that’s what happened.” Mandy said as Patrick’s face popped up in her head.

Mandy smiled as she watched him sing and put his hand behind his back when he wasn’t playing guitar. “You see that boy? I love that boy. Forever.” Mandy said to Brooke.

Patrick looked up from the picture he held of Mandy making a kissy face wearing his hat from that same day and obviously trying to hide the tremor in his voice randomly said "Forever suddenly got a lot shorter huh?"

For shits and giggles I was reading reviews you guys wrote in for auditions and I remembered Paige auditioned but at the time I couldn't come up with a character sooo here she is...in the 37th chapter...sorry. Paige if you're reading if you want you could read the other chapters and get affiliated with the story but I wouldn't want to if I were you so if you don't it's all good. (It's my fault for not putting her in the story in the first place) (smacks forehead)
Sign up to rate and review this story