Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Story of Complications Part 2

Chapter 11.

by Wicked_Lovely 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2011-02-23 - Updated: 2011-02-24 - 2620 words - Complete

1Exciting
Spencer was the first to wake, feeling tired, confused, and slightly sick, he looked around him. They were out in the middle of nowhere desert, it was cold, dark, and as far as he was concerned, there were serial killers. He shivered, wrapping his arms around him as he tried not to think about what might be lurking out in the dark. It would just make the situation worse considering he didn't know where he was, or how the hell he got there. He moved one hand to his head, which was throbbing painfully, and groaned in pain as he touched a swollen spot. He decided it was most likely been hit on the head by someone, but it still didn't explain the fact that he was in the middle of nowhere. He groaned, looking around to assess the situation once more. Brendon was laying in a heap of other body's, limbs tangled with others. They were all sleeping, and they looked like they had just been tossed out of a van into the dirt and sand, giving them nothing but each other. At least it wasn't cloudy. If it weren't for the stars and the moon shining brightly, then he wouldn't have seen anything. It was of course, the only light.
And it was cold.
He watched the boys sleep, Dan's head was on the dirt, his body resting underneath everyone else Brendon was on top of him, his head face down in the dirt while one of his legs was twisted at an angle that could not have been comfy. Phil was on top of him, his head resting on Brendon's oddly placed leg. And William was curled in a ball on the ground next to the pile of boys. It was a slightly odd picture, he was willing to admit that.
"God...I feel hungover." William muttered as he sat up, holding his head in his hands. "What's going on?" He asked looking over at Spencer who put his finger to his lips.
"Shh, you'll wake the others." He said pointing to the pile of body's behind William, who turned his head curiously to look at the pile.
"Well that's just lovely." he said more quietly. "Where are we?" He asked looking around him with plain confusion on his face.
"The hell if I know." Spencer said with a small sigh.
"God it's cold out here." William said shivering before standing up.
"What are you doing?" Spencer asked slightly panicked as William started to walk away.
"I'm going to find a dead plant so we can make a fire. I'm fine with being stranded out in the middle of fucking nowhere, but I'd rather like some warmth right now." William said not bothering to stop or slow down as he disappeared out of view in the dark. Spencer stared at where he had been, trying to make out a form in the dark, but to no avail. There was a slight breeze, and Spencer shivered. It really was cold outside. Minutes passed, and the only sound other than the chilling breeze was the sound of coyotes howling in the distance. He pulled his legs close to his chest as he looked out for anything that might want to hurt him and the sleeping boys that stayed partially in his view.
"You're still in the same place I left you." William said chuckling as Spencer jumped.
"Don't sneak up on me like that." He said. William sat down across from him as he started to make a fire with the little wood he had found. "And just how are you planning on lighting that?" Spencer asked tilting his head.
"Wouldn't you like to know." William said sarcastically as he finished and wiped his dirty hands on his jeans.
"I would actually." Spencer said looking at William with a smirk.
"Stop being a dick."
"I could say the very same thing to you." Spencer said as he watched William pull a pack of matches out of his pocket. He took one out, striking it on the bottom of the pack before putting it to the grass that was underneath the wood. "Finally, a little bit of light." Spencer said with a small smile as the fire came to life, burning threw grass and wood.
"And WARMTH." William said loudly as he got close enough to the fire that Spencer started to worry about him bursting into flames. The pile of body's rustled, and Spencer and William both turned their heads to see what was going on. There was a groan, followed by a familiar raspy British voice.
"Someone help me get the fuck up." Dan groaned as he looked at the two boys that were piled on top of him. Just like if it was a movie, Phil woke up seconds later, looking over and seeing Dan's frowning face.
"Well you're certainly something to look at." Phil said with a smirk as he took in the dirt covered face that was lit up only by the fire nearby. Spencer stood up from his warm spot, helping Phil off of Brendon before picking up Brendon's body as Dan stood.
"And you even have a little fire going." Dan said happily as he sat down next to William.
"It's fucking cold out here." Phil muttered.
"Yeah, that's why we have a fire going." Spencer said rolling his eyes as he walked over to the others, carrying Brendon's limp body with him. Phil sat down on Dan's lap gaining a groan from the smaller boy. Spencer sat down on the ground, putting Brendon's body down next to him to where his head was on Spencer's lap.
"It looks like he bled a little." William pointed out, looking at Brendon.
"You don't think he's hurt do you?" Dan asked looking at the boy he had grown attached too over the course of time.
"I hope not. Ryan would kill me if I let his precious get hurt. And he's still breathing, so that's good." Spencer said with a shrug.
"It just looks like he got hit on the head lightly, I'm sure it's nothing." Phil said with a reassuring smile. Phil sucked at lying, a habit that Spencer had noticed a while ago. And it just put him on edge when he heard the words slip past his lips. Spencer went through a list of things that could have happened differently while William Dan and Phil talked amongst each other. Ryan was no where to be seen, Spencer guessed he was still at the damn hideout for those goons. Brendon rustled in his sleep, moving his arm up to grip Spencer's leg as he moved his head to where his cheek was resting on Spencer's leg. He mumbled some nonsense before going back to being still other than his quite breathing. Spencer sighed lightly as he started to listen to what the others were saying.
"And just how do you propose we get out of this mess?" Dan said looking at Phil like he was insane.
"They abandoned us in the middle of the desert with no supplies, they obviously want us dead." William said giving Phil a matching pessimistic look.
"So?" Phil asked looking somewhat dumb compared to the other two.
"So, even if we do somehow make it back to civilization, don't you think that they'd come after us once they found out we were still alive?" Dan asked. Spencer's mind was now set on overdrive. Why would they leave them alive in the desert when they could have just as easily killed them on the spot. Someone had to be getting some gain out of having them have a chance at survival. And of course, Ryan wasn't with them, which just made the case curiouser.
"Well then why didn't they just kill us?" Phil asked looking at the other two while speaking Spencer's thoughts.
"Obviously there's some kind of gain in having us being alive." Spencer said and everyone turned their heads to face him.
"What do you mean?" William asked.
"That Ryan kid is still missing, I bet he has something to do with it. Doesn't he?" Dan asked looking slightly confused at first and then angry.
"If he has anything to do with it, I'm sure he's the one that wanted us alive. But it's not like we can fully tell if he has something to do with it." Spencer said nodding his head at Dan.
"He's right you know, Ryan looked like a good kid, and I'm sure he's going to go looking for us once he gets out." Phil said with a smile.
"Why are you always so optimistic Phil?" William asked looking at the younger boy with just a hint of disdain.
"I don't know, probably because I'm young." Phil said with an increasingly large smile. "You just wish you were me." he said and received a kiss on the cheek from Dan.
"I love it when you say shit like that." Dan hummed against his ear. Brendon tightened his grip on Spencer's leg, lifting his head as he opened his eyes slowly.
"Where am I?" He asked in a quite voice, his head feeling light and dizzy. He sat up right, his hand going to where there was dried blood on his scalp.
"You're in the middle of no-fucking-where." Dan said with a nod and a smile.
"Nice to have you back to the party." William said with a matching mischievous grin.
"Do I know you?" Brendon said as genuine confusion crossed his face. Spencer's smile fell immediately.
"Brendon, who am I?" Spencer asked as he took Brendon's chin in his hand and forced him to look in his eyes.
"I don't think I've ever seen you before." Brendon said as he pulled out of Spencer's grasp. This was bad, and Spencer knew it. He could tell Brendon wasn't lying, if he was he would have broken out into laughter when he was forced to look at Spencer. He started shaking his head in disbelief.
"What's you're name?" Spencer asked with a shaky breath. Brendon looked confused, and he sat there for a few minutes thinking.
"I....I don't know..." Brendon said slowly. Spencer was now shaking. It was just to much. Brendon couldn't remember who he was, Ryan was probably still in trouble, he hadn't seen Jon in days, and they were stranded in the middle of the desert with no food or water, and everyone he was with was either slightly injured, or severely injured. He wanted to be back at home, sitting on the couch with Jon watching bad movies and eating popcorn. What would Ryan say when he finds Brendon with no memory of him? Would Ryan even ever see Brendon again? God, they probably weren't even going to get rescued. They were going to stay out there until they died of dehydration. Something inside of Spencer snapped, and he started to cry. That was it, there was no hope left in his being. He gave up with being optimistic, he couldn't think of a single thing that would actually happen to make it better. Spencer felt a hand rest on his shoulder and he looked up, still slightly sobbing.
"You okay Spence?" William said as he sat down next to him, his hand resting lightly on Spencer's shoulder.
"How can you fucking say that? We're all screwed, and I'm never gonna get to see Jon or Ryan again. And I might as well just say that I'm never going to see Brendon again, because he obviously no longer exists." Spencer said wiping his tears away angrily. William sighed heavily.
"We'll get out of this, I promise. We just have to wait till morning. Okay?" William said as he hugged Spencer, trying to comfort him. Spencer wanted to believe it, but he just couldn't. He didn't know how.
"Why don't you try to get some sleep, okay?" Phil said with a small smile. Spencer nodded his head wiping his tears away again as William took him into his arms, allowing Spencer to rest his head on his lap. Spencer allowed himself to close his eyes and try to relax, but it was harder than it sounded.
"Poor thing." Dan said quietly. "He only wants his friends back."
"I have this odd feeling that it's probably our fault that him and his friends got into this mess." Phil said in the same quiet voice.
"It probably is...Which just means that we have to help him get out of this." Dan said.
"Brendon, do you remember anything at all?" William asked looking over to Brendon, who looked puzzled for a moment.
"Not really." Brendon said with a frown.
"You don't remember Spencer, or Jon, or Pete, or Patrick, or hell, even Ryan?" William asked. Brendon shook his head.
"The last one sounds slightly familiar, but I can't place a face with it." Brendon said sadly.
"Do you think there's some way we can get his memory back?" Phil asked.
"I don't know. Maybe." William said with a sigh.
"Maybe Pete or Patrick will have something when we get back." Dan said with a small smile as he allowed himself to fall on his back with Phil still on him.
"One of us has to stay awake you know." Phil said with a yawn.
"I'll stay up and see if I can get Brendon to remember something." William said with a sigh. "Right now you two just worry about getting a little bit of sleep. Okay?" William said giving them a small smile. Phil nodded, stretching out on Dan as he snuggled his face in his chest. "What do you remember about Ryan?" William asked looking at Brendon.
"I just...I feel like I know that name from somewhere." Brendon said with a sigh as he held his head in his hands. "Who is he?" Brendon asked as he closed his eyes.
"He's your lover boy, kid." William said. He felt bad for Brendon, he couldn't remember anything and it had to have been a horrible feeling.
"He is?" Brendon asked looking confused once again. Now William felt bad for Ryan. If and when they get out of this mess and he sees Ryan again, he's not going to remember him, and it'll break Ryan's heart. William couldn't even imagine being separated from Gabe for as long as those tow have been separated, only to get back to him and have Gabe not even remember who he is. It would be horrible.
"From what I've heard. Are you sure you can't remember anything?" William asked. He really didn't want Brendon to forget everything, it just didn't seem fair. Brendon shook his head, closing his eyes.
"I want to remember, but I can't." Brendon said as he tried to remember, but his mind was blank. The only thing he could really remember was that name, Ryan. It sounded important. All he wanted to do was remember.
"Why don't you go to sleep, maybe in the morning you'll remember something in the morning." William said with a soft sigh. Brendon nodded.
"Can I rest my head on you're leg that isn't occupied by the other guy?" Brendon asked.
"Sure." William said with a soft smile. Brendon shifted over to where his head was on Williams free leg and he closed his eyes, starting to drift off to sleep. William thought of all the ways that they could get out of the desert, and he could be in Gabe's arms once again. None came to him, but he forced himself to try and focus on it as he sat by the fire watching for scavenging animals.
This was not a good situation to be in.
Sign up to rate and review this story