Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

A Liqour Store Or Two

by Alala19 4 reviews

Hrm.. Cliffhanger over, but some fun at the pool anyone? :]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-03-01 - Updated: 2011-03-02 - 1972 words

2Original
I jumped up from my bed, and ran downstairs as fast as my legs would carry me. I ran into the kitchen, coming to a sudden stop in front of where Mikey and Frank stood talking. I stopped in front of them, with wide eyes, the crisp white letter still clutched in my hand. Frank and Mikey paused their conversation and turned their heads, resting their eyes on me. They both stared at my crazed expression for a few seconds. Confusion and shock written across their faces.

“Are you ok?” Frank asked, looking at me as if I’d just grown two heads. I smiled, not knowing what else to do. His hazel eyes diverted to the letter in my hand, before he stood up and advanced towards me. I held out the letter to him, and he took it, and read it. His eyes growing larger by the second. “Oh my fucking god.” he said loudly, and suddenly bringing his wide eyes onto mine. I gave a smile, before he leapt onto me.

“I’m so fucking happy for you.” he said into my ear, as his arms wrapped me in a death grip.

“Am I missing something?” Mikey asked from behind Frank. Frank released me from his hug, and shoved the letter in Mikey’s face. He looked between us with raised eyebrows, before allowing his eyes to look over the words written on the paper. His face contorted into a huge smile, and his eyes rose to lock onto mine. “That’s fucking awesome. Well done.” he said, happily as he advanced towards me, arms outstretched. I walked into his arms, having a wave of pure happiness wash over me. Finally something seems to be looking up, just as Dylan promised. I pulled away from Mikey’s embrace. He held the letter out to me, and I took it. I flashed them both a quick smile, before running back upstairs to my bedroom. I sat on my bed, staring at the letter, before allowing my eyes to gaze over it.


Dear Maxine,


I am pleased to inform you, that we have received a modeling offer for you. The contract involves you modeling in a television advertisement for the new Vera Wang, ‘princess’ perfume. I have the contract, but need to discuss it with you, with my lawyer present, to protect both you, and our modeling company from any clauses.

Dave.


*

My lips stretched into a smile, and I fell back on my bed, with my eyes closed and the letter resting on my chest, it felt good to feel accepted, to feel liked. I almost felt different. Like this was the start of a new Maxine. Almost like I’d finally been able to discard the tough shell, I’d been forced to adopt since the age of 15. I was able to take risks, and become what I always longed for. To feel pretty, liked, accepted, and to have friends. My eyes darted open and I stared at the gone off white paint on the ceiling. If I was going to do it, then today was the right time.


I turned over, and reached onto my bedside table, grabbing the white piece of paper, and one of the two house phones. I stared at the numbers on the paper, my heartbeat increasing. The familiar funny feeling erupted in my stomach, and I felt like I was about to regurgitate the salad sandwich I’d eaten earlier. I closed my eyes, drawing in a deep breath, allowing it to fill my lungs and sooth my rapid breathing. A blanket seemed to envelope me, and dampen out my nerves, and I opened my eyes. I stared at the numbers on the paper, before dialing them into the phone. With each ring of the phone that went unanswered, I seemed to become twice as anxious. My breath caught in my throat, when I heard him speak into the phone.


“Hello, Cameron speaking.” he answered happily. I smiled at his voice. Is it weird to miss a voice, but when you were younger you’d prayed for him to shut up.

“Hey.” I said simply, still in awe. I didn’t know what to say, and couldn’t quite manage to string together a sentence right now. What do you say to someone you haven’t spoke to in about 4 years?

“Hello, who’s this?” he asked politely. I smiled, and brushed some hair from my eyes.

“Maxine.” I said with a smile. I’m sure he could hear my smile, but I couldn’t control it.

“Maxine? Oh my fucking god, is that you?” he shouted down the phone suddenly.

“Yeah.” I laughed.

“Oh god, it’s so good to hear your voice. Where are you? How are you? Are you back?” he rushed. I smiled. There’s the Cameron I know. The one who doesn’t shut up.

“Whoa. Yeah I’m back, and I’m in my bedroom, in my new house, and yes I’m ok.” I said, trying to remember all of the questions he’d thrown at me.

“I can’t believe it’s you… and your back.” he sighed into the phone dreamily. “When did you get back?” he questioned. I lay down on the bed, on my back and looked up at the ceiling.

“Last month.” I said with a smile. It was so good to be speaking to him again. I can’t believe I was nervous to get back in touch with him, he sighed a happy sigh.

“I can’t believe it. I’m so happy right now.” he said. I could hear the happiness and relief in his voice.

Today just couldn’t get better.
*
“Come on dickwad!” Ray shouted to Frank, as he ran down the stairs with a rucksack slung over his left shoulder. Frank appeared in front of us all, causing Mikey to say ‘thank fuck for that’.

“To the swimming pool.” Ray declared, standing up, and raising his fist in the air. We all followed him outside to the two cars parked in the driveway.

“Right, who’s coming in mine, and who’s going with Gerard?” Mikey asked, as he unlocked his car with his key. Nobody needed to say anything; they all seemed to instantly know who would be riding with who I made my way over to Mikey’s car. No way would I willingly get into a car with Gerard. We’d never make it there. We’d probably spend the entire ride arguing, or with him shooting me glares through his rear view mirror. His wounds on his face had cleared a little, but he still had some bruising, and cuts.


I got into the backseat of Mikey’s car, in-between Ray and Bob, as Alba had called dibs on the passenger seat, leaving Frank to ride with Gerard. Ray had tried to ride with Gerard, but he told him to ride with Mikey, because he and Frank had to talk about something. It’s been two days since I spoke to Cameron on the phone. We’d spent three hours on the phone taking about everything, and telling each other everything which had happened to us, since we last spoke. Well not everything, there was still some information I with held. Not because I didn’t trust him, or didn’t want him to know, but because I didn’t want to talk about it. I wasn’t ready. And I’d rather tell him in person than on the phone anyway. I’d also signed the modeling contract for Vera Wang. I was to be paid $1500 just to appear in a TV advertisement. Cool, no?

*

I sat on the side of the pool, waiting for the rest of the guys to finish changing. They seriously took longer than us girls, and all they had to change into was shorts.

“How fucking long does it take them?” Alba asked, seeming to read my mind. I turned to her with a smile.

“I was just thinking the exact same thing.” I said, as I moved my feet in the water, feeling extremely relaxed. The pool was empty. At the minute, it was just me and Albs in here. I thought it was odd, that a pool was empty in July. It’s summer, there’s bound to be lots of people wanting to swim. I shrugged it off, it’s the summer, and most people are probably on vacation. I was brought out of my thoughts by familiar voices. I turned my head to see the 5 guys jumping into the pool. Alba and I instinctively covered our faces with our hands, protecting them from the splashes of water the guys had caused.

“Boys.” Alba sighed, causing me to laugh as we watched the 5 of them splash each other.


I turned to Albs, to see her gazing lovingly at Mikey. I smiled and nudged her with my shoulder, a cheeky grin on my face.

“Just tell him.” I said, as he tore her eyes from Mikey and allowed them to land on mine.

“Huh?” She asked with fake confusion. I raised an eyebrow at her.

“Mikey… why don’t you tell him?” I asked again, making sure I said Mikey’s name quietly. She gave me a surprised look

“I don’t know what your talking about.” she pretended, turning her gaze back to Mikey.

“I know you like him.” I sighed, turning my attention to Ray, who was jumping on Frank and pushing him underwater. They acted more like little kids then grown men.

“What makes you think that?” she asked, snapping her head to face me.

“Come on. It’s so obvious. At the club, you couldn’t stop glaring at him and that girl. The way you look at him gives it all away.” I explained, shooting her a knowing look. She sighed and looked down.

“I’m so totally stupid.” she said, putting herself down. Anger flooded my body for a second, as she degraded herself for no reason, but she was doing it over a guy.

“Why?” I asked quickly.
“Because, it’s so obvious he doesn’t like me. We’ve been friends forever, and he’s practically made it crystal clear he only wants a friendship with Me.” he said, giving me a hopeless look. I smiled.

“Either that, or he’s too stupid to see the signs your sending him.” I suggested, nudging her with my shoulder again. “Flirt a little, or tell him. Maybe he’s just stupid.” I said. She smiled at me, and wrapped her arm around me in a side hug.

I felt a hand on my leg, and looked down to see a soaking wet Frank standing in between my legs, and grinning up at me and Alba. I stared at him, and he smirked at me. I raised an eyebrow at his smirking face.

“I sort of like this position, but more importantly, why are you two not in the pool?” he questioned, brushing some wet hair out of his face.

“Girly talk.” I said, looking him in the eyes, ordering him mentally not to press the subject.

“Well, girly talk over.” he smiled, before pulling my legs, and causing me to fall into the water.




Authors Note:

This chapter is for my friend Tiffany again, for being so very interested in this story, and for my bestest friend in the whole wide word, Helena (Who is Alba in here). Layni, thank you for being there for me and for everything you do for me. I wouldn’t know what to do without you. I love you with all my heart and soul, and hope you enjoy this chapter as much I as did writing it.

Xoxo. T.iero.
Sign up to rate and review this story