Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter Payback Time

Chapter 2 Duel with Draco

by skyfrog 1 review

duel with draco and planning the summer

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-04 - Updated: 2011-03-09 - 1668 words

-1Illiterate
Chapter 2 Payback Time


Malfoy was preparing for what he thought was going to be a one way fight. However, if Malfoy would ever learn he would know that he was going to lose, because in all of the conflicts between the two; he has never won. Harry on the other hand, was finally looking forward to paying back one of the annoyances in his life. Start with Draco, then get that git of his father, and then move on to remove Bellatrix's head from her shoulders.

"Oh Malfoy, are you ready yet you pompous git?"

"What Potty, in a hurry to leave the wizarding world?"

"No Malfoy, I am ready to put an end to you and your Pureblood supremacy bull at this school. Reducto, Protego Draco if you think you can hide behind that shield to try and fight me another day, you are sadly mistaken. For you will not get another chance. Diffindo, Expelliarmus, Flipendo, Immobulus, I told you Draco I was not going to hold anything back." Everyone sat in awe of how fast Harry fired off spell after spell in such a short time. See Malfoy if I can stand against the Dark Wanker who by the way is a half blood.

"So dear Draco, how does it feel to be Draco no name and the down fall of your old family? My, my, this is going to be entirely too much fun for now Draco, I can boot your dear old daddy out of the Malfoy family and make your mum a Black again. Now doesn't that sound like fun? Oh, and since little Draco here doesn't have access to his vault anymore I think he needs find somewhere else to be."

"Potter 50 points from Gryffindor for bulling a fellow student."

"How can I be bullying a student when he is not one here anymore? Draco I tell you what, I will sponsor you so you may stay in school but you have to behave yourself like a good little boy."

"Fuck you Potter! I will not be a charity case. Wait till-"

"Yes we all know the 'wait till your father hears about this.' Unfortunately, there is one problem with that logic. For he is no longer your father, and even if he was, he is no longer a Malfoy so sod off Draco no name. As for the rest of my fellow classmates and fellow students remember this, an attack on one of my friends is an attack on me, and will be dealt with swiftly and in the harshest manner I can come up with. Moon, I was wondering since you don't have a whole lot of family left and I don't have any would you consider becoming my adopted little sister."

"That sounds wonderful Harry I would be honored big brother." Moon exclaimed genuinely.

"Mr. Potter."

"Yes headmaster Dumbledore, what can I do for you this evening sir?"

"Harry I really do think it best that you allow yourself to grieve for your Godfather."

"I really must insist everyone leave me alone about when or even how I decide to grieve. Right now, there is a mad man out there trying to end the wizarding world and the muggle world simply for the sake of wanting to be in charge and feel important. Well guess what, I will grieve when the time is right and until that psycho is dead and buried with no way to return. Then I will grieve, but not until then."

-----------------------------------------------------

A few hours later in the Gryffindor common room everyone is talking about what happened just a little while ago in Great Hall.

"Something is wrong with Harry."

"Why because he is not going to let people treat him badly anymore Lavender?"

"No Neville, because he has just lost his Godfather one of the last links to his family. He appears not as angry as someone who just suffered a great and terrible loss." Lavender noted.

"So what you're saying Lavender, is that he should be more angry and wanting revenge and all of that other good stuff that goes with it?"

"If that was one of the last links to my family I would want blood, yes."

"Be honest Lav, since when does it pay to go off half cocked or out for blood? It won't bring Sirius back and if Harry goes off like you're suggesting then he could end up dead or in a trap. He wants to plan things out and think things through. Besides, like he said tonight he will have time to grieve when he doesn't have someone wanting him dead."


"Guys I don't think it is smart to talk about Harry behind his back."

"Who died and made you the keeper of Harry?"

"Look Lavender, you are the gossip queen. Besides, who of you here has stuck by Harry's side huh? What makes any of us better than the rest of the school. We have all failed Harry at one point or another whether we meant to or not. I for one am not going to make that mistake again, I am going to be there for him and support him no matter what. You should each think on that, because while here at school, we are supposed to be a family. Well if this is how family treats each other, I can understand why Harry has issues with us. We praise him when something good happens but when something bad happens we all blame him for it, with or without knowing all the facts. Now you all know that I can be a jealous git and that I also have a hothead. But you need to understand I may act at times like a git, but Harry is one of my brothers, and as family we stick together."

"Hermione is right, we have all turned our backs on one of our own and I say shame, shame on all of us for having un-Gryffindor like behavior. I for one was there in the Department of Mysteries, and I fought alongside Harry. I could never even dream of keeping up with Harry, he is in a class all to himself. Hermione got hurt and even though she did, she is determined to stick by Harry's side and I was attacked by brains, I am too sticking to Harry's side." Ron declared.

"You are absolutely right Ron and Hermione. You see, it could have very easily been me that was attacked and had my parents killed." Neville began.

"Neville, you don't have to tell them anything."

"I know Harry, but I am tired of hiding things from those who are supposed to be family."

"Nev, only tell them if you are completely sure." Harry replied softly.

"Harry I appreciate you keeping your word and not telling anyone until I was ready. You see everyone I too have lost my parents, except mine have only lost their minds from being kept under the Cruciatus spell too long."

"Ok, ok before Neville goes any further, there is something that I need you all to know. There is a prophecy about me and the Jerk Lord. It states that there will one be born at the end of the 7th month, who's parents have stood up against him three times. This is why it could have been Nev or myself, but here is where things go pear-shaped. This is why Tom Riddle is trying to kill me, he did not have all the info and chose me when he tried to kill me. It blew him up and sacrificed his humanity and fulfilled another part of the prophecy he will mark him as an equal. It is this bloody scar that is the reason I suffer. There is more of the prophecy, but that is the important part. Now I have a question for each of you, next term whether or not it becomes approved, I am going to teach all who are willing to learn DADA. For those of you who were members, it will not be called Dumbledore's Army, instead it will be called Defense Association. Any of you who want to help me, I would like you to gather information spells anything that might be useful. If you have a library with spells and ancient texts in it, look up info and learn it. Then you can share that knowledge with the rest of us." "This year I was teaching things I thought to be useful in a fight, not a duel but a down and dirty fight. If you are willing to help, then let Hermione know and she will put together a list of spells we have covered. if you find a spell or something useful, make a list and send it to Hermione this summer and she will be compiling a list so we don't teach the same spell twice, and we are all on the same page. Also, if you have friends in any of the other houses, then let them know they can join our merry band as long as they don't use any spell on another student while here at Hogwarts." "If you are good with potions then research that area. If your good with anything specific, then study that area." "Neville, all herbology will be your department if you know of any others in the field put them to use, but they report to you. Ron you are good at strategy, so you're in charge there same thing as Neville. You two will report to Hermione and she will report to me." "Hermione will you be able to make the coins for those who don't have one yet?"

"Yes Harry I can, but I will need some coins to do it with."

"Fine Hermione, we will get that taken care of. Again, we are going to need mirrors for everyone too. I will make sure the twins know about it and let them know it is a high priority."
Sign up to rate and review this story