Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter Payback Time

Chapter 3 Trip Home

by skyfrog 1 review

Trip home and a descusion on the way

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Published: 2011-03-05 - Updated: 2011-03-09 - 1916 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter 3 Trip Home


It is now the end of term, people have finished their tests, eaten the closing feast meal, and are readying themselves to return home for some relaxation and some well deserved rest. It was early in the morning of everyone gathering there things and heading down to the train station. When the Ministry Six piled into one of the carriages, Harry turns to Moon and Nev and says "I think it would be best if you would stay with the group this summer, at least the last part of the summer."

"Harry after standing up for my friends and family, I believe that Gran will not have a problem with that."

"Harry are you certain you want to go back to Privet Drive for the summer? I am sure you can come home with me."

"No Hermione, even though my relatives treat me poorly, I would hate to see something happen to them because of me not going back. I will go and recharge the wards and then the six of us can go to Gringots and hear Sirius's will read, once we find out what the old dog has given us then I will make a plan. Cant plan if I don't know all the facts isn't that right Hermione?" (Hermione blushes a fine Weasley red) "Ah Hermione, I did not mean to embarrass you that was not my intention. I was merely pointing out that you are the one who plans and as I am now a leader, a leader I never wanted to be by the way, but I am none the less so I have to act as such. I am now responsible for more than just myself and as such, I need to be as careful as possible. This means no more running off half cocked or letting my emotions rule me."

"As for me Harry, my father is a believer that one should always stand with their friends and seeing as I don't have many of those I will be by your side, since we are now family. I think my father is going to want to sit down and talk to you."

"I will want to talk too him Luna. Ginny, I want to thank you for going with me to the DoM (Department of Mysteries) as well."

"Harry, I don't know if you know this, but in my first year your second when you saved me from that nightmare something happened. One, the crush on TBWL (The Boy Who Lived) ended and I saw you for who you are, I decided I wanted to get to know that person. Two, I owe you a Life Debt, before you tell me I don't, hear me out. You saved me without any thought to your own safety, and because of that, I do owe you. Because of the Life Debt, I decided to make sure you lived and to help you whenever possible."

"Ginny why would you do that?"

"Harry for two reasons: One my magic required it, and two, my honor demanded it. You kept me safe, and then you saved my dad, then Ron." Ginny explained.

"I know I did Ginny, but I would think you and your family would want to be as far away from me as possible."

"You don't get it do you Harry, even if we wanted to, my family has fallen in love with you. My brothers see you as a brother, mum and dad see you as a son."

"What about you Ginny, what do you see me as huh? Don't think I did not notice you did not add yourself in there."

"I know that I have feelings for you, but I am still uncertain of what they are."

"Bollocks Ginny. Ron and I both see how you feel about Harry, so give it up."

"Hermione hush, I know I have feelings for Harry, I just want to make sure they are genuine and not fan girl feelings or a savior crush."

"Hey, can you two stop talking about me as if I am not right here in front of the two of you?"

"Sorry Harry." both girls reply. To change the subject, Ginny elbows Luna and whispers in her ear.

"So Luna, when are you going to admit you like Neville?"

"Ginny, what is wrong with you? Why must you say things like that?"

"What's going on, what are you two discussing over there?"

"Nothing Harry honestly."

"I am not sure I believe you Ginny."

"Alright everyone, we need to go find a place on the train."

"Yes Mum." everyone said together.

"That is not funny guys."

"Says the one who acts like our mum. If that is so, then why is it you remind us all of what needs to be done and you scold us for being bad or breaking rules?"

"I do not scold you, I lecture you. So if you are going to say something about me, then I at least think you should get it right."

"Hermione, you do act like a mum sometimes, it is cute or funny at time and others annoying or downright scary. " "That is neither here nor there let's get our normal spot. Right, are we quite through picking on Hermione? Because I want to get comfortable and maybe even take a nap, I did not sleep well last night with all of Ron's snoring. I swear Ron, you could sleep through just about anything."

A little later after the six were comfortable in there cabin on the train the lunch trolley came by, and Harry decided to buy everyone's lunch.

"Harry you know you don't have to do that."

"Hermione give me a break please, if I want to buy my family some lunch then that is exactly what I am going to do. Well I don't know about you all, but I am going to change into something other than these robes, you know I have always been curious about something."

"What's that Harry?"

"Why do they make us wear our robes to the train? I mean, are we not traveling into muggle neighborhoods and into bigger populated muggle areas?"

"For once Harry, you have asked a question I don't know the answer to."

"No but given enough time, I am sure she could research it and get the answer."

"Your real funny Ron."

"That may be Hermione, but you know I am right. Besides you are at home in a library and doing research."

"Hermione we should ask Professor McGonagall about what it takes to work as an Unspeakable, and why would she want to know about that."

"Harry, the Unspeakable do research in the MoM (Ministry of Magic)."

"That does indeed sound like the perfect job for you Hermione."

I really wish they would not pick on me about my Intelligence, it truly does bother me I mean no one picks on Ron for always going on and on about quidditch. Why am I such an easy target, and why does this bother me so? Hermione thought.

"Hermione, where did you go there for a second?"

"Huh? Oh sorry, I was just thinking about some stuff what is up."

"I was just trying to get your attention to let you know we are about to Kings Cross Station."

"Oh, thanks Harry you make sure you stay safe while you're at the Durselys."

"Hermione I will stay safe. What should I do if I am unable to wait till the will reading Hermione?"

"Well Harry, then give me a call or send Hedwig and we will make a plan?"

"Sounds good Hermione, thanks for being such a good friend to me. Well guys and gals, this is where we part ways for now, remember study what you can, and stay safe."

"Boy." at hearing this, a chill ran up Harry's spine.

"Yes Uncle Vernon, I am coming."

"Well hurry up, I don't have all day to stand around waiting on you."

"Mr. Dursley, may we have a moment of your time please?"

"Eh, what do you freaks want?"

"Do you remember me? My name is Arthur Weasley."

"Yes, you're the one who destroyed my house."

"You sir are a horrible fat little narrow minded fool, and if you so much as lay one finger on Harry, you will be seeing us a lot more than you like and so will the others of your neighborhood" Mrs. Weasley told him.

"You would not dare threaten me, I am an upholding member of the neighborhood and citizen!"

"I am sure that your neighbors would not think so kindly of you mistreating your nephew now would they?" At that Vernon turned a nice shade of puce.

Great as if it's not bad enough I have to live with the walrus, giraffe, and baby blue whale but now Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are going to make things worse, just what I freaking need ahhhh. Why everyone can't just leave things alone? Harry thought.

Shortly after the confrontation at King's Cross, Harry and his relatives arrived at Privet Drive.

"So boy, you thought that was going to save you did it well news flash, the only thing that did was make things worse. Take your trunk and get in your room, I don't want to see hide nor hair of you this summer. You will stay in your room till I am gone, then you will do your chores around the house, and you will be in your room before I get home. Is that understood Boy?"

"Yes I understand Uncle Vernon." Harry replied nimbly before he turned to Hedwig. "I guess Hedwig, ours plans are not going the way I hoped they would. Well I don't know why, but after all this time it should not surprise me. I mean if I did not have bad luck, I would have none at all. At least this time Hedwig there aren't any bars on my window, which means you can go hunt and bring and deliver mail for me. I should write Hermione and let her know things are going to get bad and we need to plan things out soon."
____

In another part of the house...

"Vernon you know I don't like the fact that Harry has magic, but he did just lose his godfather; and there is no call for being overly mean to him."

"I am not going to go out of my way to be mean to him anymore, and I am not going to let you be mean to him anymore either. If he messes up or gets in trouble that's one thing, but I can't believe I let you talk me into being mean to him all those years ago, well it all stops as of now."

Knock, knock "Yes, it's your Aunt Petunia."

"Yes ma'am what can I do for you?"

"Nothing Harry, I wanted to let you know that you won't have any chores this summer and as long as you're civil to us, I will try to make them be civil to you. I think it would be a good idea to stay out of Dudley and Vernon's way."

"Why the sudden change Aunt Petunia in attitude towards me?"

"I let your uncle bully me into treating you poorly when you were younger and I have had enough. Don't get me wrong I still don't like magic, but you are the last connection to my sister and we are family."
Sign up to rate and review this story