Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Without a sound he took me down

A Friend

by VanJA212 3 reviews

Frank and Mikey are worried. Gerard discovers something.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-03-12 - Updated: 2011-06-08 - 1736 words

2Ambiance
A/N: I'm so sorry it took me so long to update but i was in a really bad mood lately and i couldn't be bothered to write this chapter. And i wanna apologize for the first part of the chapter because i kinda went out of ideas but it gets better at the end xD So finally, here it is and it's longer than the other chapters! I hope you like it! Rate and tell me what you think please? :3

Gerard’s P.O.V
The person I was looking at was about my size. He was a skinny, black-haired guy and he looked at me with his big, green eyes full of concern.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Obviously I’m not” I replied shakily.

“Sorry, stupid question.”

“Stop touching me” I added harshly. When he loosened his grip I headed for the door but I broke down again.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving this place” I said and tried to get up.

I failed.

“You can’t even stand properly” he answered back.

I remembered how much I wanted a drink right now. I exploded, still kneeling on the floor, head down. “I don’t fucking care! I wanna leave! I want a freaking drink and I want it now! And who are you to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do?”

“I’m sorry dude” he whispered. “But if you really want to leave then I’ll come with you.”

“Why?”

“’Cause you’ll collapse again and then the doctors will lock you here and you won’t be able to have a drink for at least a week” he replied sternly.

Shit, he was right. I nodded. “Okay, but who the fuck are you anyway?

“I’m Peter and I wanna be your friend” he said.

He lifted me into his arms and lay me on the bed.

“Don’t move! I’ll be back in a minute” he told me and left the room.
I closed my eyes and tried not to think about my desires. When I heard noises from outside I opened my eyes again. Peter just entered the room with a wheel chair. I gave him a questioning look.

“Dude, you can’t walk” he said and shrugged.

Yeah, he was right. He picked me up again and carried me on the wheel chair.

“Comfortable?” he asked.

“Yeah. Thank you.”

He pushed the chair out of the room and down the corridor. I was becoming nervous and when I heard a voice next to my left ear I winced.

“Where do you wanna go?” Peter asked.

“Don’t know… As long as I can drink what I want I’ll be happy.”

“Okay, man, but you know that you’re in a fucking bad condition and that drinking is the worst thing to do in your situation, right?”

“Yeah” I muttered, slightly annoyed.

Everybody always wanted to tell me what was good and what was bad for me. I was sick of people telling me what I should do! It was my fucking life! I was a grown up man so why didn’t everybody just let me make my own goddamn decisions?!

“Sorry, I don’t wanna patronize you…”

“Then don’t do it” I interrupted him.

Finally, we left the hospital and a sigh of relief escaped my lips. It was cold outside and I shivered heavily. Peter noticed, took off his jacket and gave it to me.

Frank’s P.O.V
I knocked at the door lightly.

“Mikey, I’m sorry! I’m a stupid idiot!” I said.

He didn’t answer.

“Please, come out!” I pleaded.

When I heard sobs from inside I made a decision. I grabbed my jacket and went to the doctor who had operated Gerard. He stopped talking to a nurse when he noticed me.

“You, sir, are an idiot. I’ll leave and look for Gerard now because you are obviously an incompetent moron” I said sternly.

The people around us went silent. He looked at me with a mixture of disbelief and guilt on his face. Disbelief because I had talked to him, a doctor, like that and guilt because he knew it was his fault that Gerard was missing. When he opened his mouth to respond I rushed past him and out of the hospital. I didn’t want to wait for an answer. I took a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it up. Then I took a deep drag to calm me down. What the fuck was wrong with people nowadays?! Someone was missing and they didn’t even try to find them. I took my phone in the other hand and dialled Mikey’s number

“Come on Mikey. Answer the fucking phone” I whispered.

“Yeah?” I heard his voice and sighed happily.

“Mikey! It’s me Frank! Don’t hang up, I need your help to find Gerard. Where does he like to go? What does he normally do when he goes out?”

There was a moment of silence and I thought he had disconnected.

“Hmm…” Mikey finally muttered thoughtfully. “He usually goes to Starbucks and he likes drinking so check the bars near the hospital. He likes to go to the comic and music store as well.”

“Okay. I promise I will find your brother.”

“Thank you” he said and it sounded like he really meant it.

After a fast “Bye bye” I hung up and looked around. When I beheld a Starbucks on the other side of the street I decided to go there first. I walked across the street and entered it. The aroma of coffee wafted through the room and I took a deep breath. I searched for Gerard but I could quickly tell he wasn’t there and the waitress told me that he had never been there. I bought a coffee for myself and left. I walked down the streets and observed the surroundings closely. I knew Gerard couldn’t be far away because he would be very weak and tired after the operation. He probably didn’t even know where he was going. I was sure I’d find him.

Gerard’s P.O.V
I closed my eyes. When the cold liquid ran down my throat a wave of satisfaction and happiness washed over me. Due to the alcohol, I could block all my fears and feelings out. Peter watched me closely but I didn’t even notice until I opened my eyes again. I tensed up.

“What?” I asked suspiciously.

“Nothing. I just wondered if you aren’t worried about the consequences of your actions.”

“Nope. The aftermath is secondary” I replied smiling. “Don’t you wanna drink a beer?” I asked to change the subject.

“No, thank you. I stopped drinking some time ago. I always wanna have my head on straight” he said. “But I don’t mind if you drink” he added quickly.

I waved the waitress nearer and ordered my fourth beer by this time. All of a sudden Peter looked really worried and like he wanted to get away fast.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, confused about his drastically mood changes.

“Erm… I’ll quickly go to the… the restroom” he said frantically and jumped up.

He bumped into a man who seemed really pissed off but Peter didn’t even notice. He yanked the restroom door open and stormed inside.

“Oh my god! Gerard!” I heard a voice behind me.

“Shit” I muttered and looked at Frank. “Hey” I said a bit too happily.

“What are you doing here? We were fucking worried about you! You can’t just disappear without telling anyone where you’re going! Especially not after a complicated operation!”

“I just…” I said and tried to think of a good excuse. Mikey knew I was an alcoholic but I didn’t want to let Frank know. He would hate me if he knew it. “I was confused and I didn’t know what had happened. And nobody was there for me. I just wanted to get out of this little, constricting room. Please don’t be mad at me” I said and looked at the ground.

I moved my hands nervously in my lap. I knew I had to make him feel sorry for me because that would let him forget his anger. So I started crying. When I looked up again tears ran down my cheeks and my neck.

“I’m so sorry” Frank whispered softly and hugged me.
Suddenly a million butterflies flew around in my stomach and my heart beat so fast I was sure Frank would feel it. His hands were wrapped around my body and they made me feel save and protected. When I buried my face in his neck I smelt coffee, cigarettes and a sweet perfume. I put my arms around his waist and forgot the world around us. I had known that I was gay since I was 15 but I was sure Frank wasn’t the type of guy who dated men. I hadn’t even noticed that I was attracted to him until now.

“Erm Gerard?” Frank said and jolted me out of my thoughts.

I noticed he tried to get away from me.

“Oh sorry” I replied and let go.

I blushed and looked at the ground ashamedly. Now I was sure he wouldn’t like me. He probably thought I was some kind of creep. Well, actually that wasn’t so wrong because I was a creep.

“It’s okay” Frank said blushing and gave me a weak smile.

He looked at me, then he observed the wheel chair and looked at me again. He raised an eyebrow.

“Is that yours?” he asked.

“I kinda borrowed it” I told him but didn’t dare looking into his eyes.
He would tell me that I couldn’t just steal a wheel chair and that I was an egoistic idiot! I was so stupid. Unexpectedly, I heard Frank laugh and I looked at him cautiously. I couldn’t suppress my own laughter and soon we both panted for air. The awkward tension between us had disappeared.

“Let’s just go and show your brother that you’re still alive” Frank finally said and smiled at me.

At this moment I knew I had fallen in love with Frank Iero.
Sign up to rate and review this story