Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

Just Smother Me

by Alala19 2 reviews

Title From The Used, Smother Me. Cliffhanger over. Boo, anyways... Meet Frank's ex. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-03-12 - Updated: 2011-03-13 - 2007 words

1Original
My heart beat increased, pumping the blood around my body faster, making me feel light-headed. I stared into her eyes, easily reading the shock.

“I uh-” I started, and bit my lip, not knowing how to phrase it. “Not really…” I said, and managed to break my gaze and look back down at the ring. I looked back up and I could practically hear Linda’s brain ticking away, as if trying to decode and understand what I meant. After what felt like an eternity, her eyes widened, and I could practically see the light bulb go off above her head.

“Oh honey.” she cooed, quickly getting out of her seat, and wrapping her arms around me. I wasn’t completely sure if she understood properly or not. She rocked us side to side. Her perfume filling my nose and soothing me. I tried to fight off the tears burning the back of my eyes, as she pulled away, and cupped my face. “It was today wasn’t it?” she asked, and I stared into her glassy hazel eyes, before nodding. A tear rolled down her cheek, and she kissed my forehead, before embracing me again. I’ve met this woman twice, and she was already treating me like her daughter. I’d never received anything like this from my mum. My dad was always the more loving one. I’d often contemplated why she was hostile towards me. Post natal depression was the only conclusion I could come up with. I didn’t understand why Linda was crying. She hardly knew me. I’m just her son’s best friend. I became a little… un-tense, and wrapped my arms around her, returning the hug.

After a long hug, she pulled away and wiped away the tears on her cheeks, as she sat back down in her seat.

“It explains so much.” she said with a faint smile.

“Don’t tell Frank.” I demanded suddenly. I couldn’t bear the thought of anyone else knowing. I don’t want pity and I don’t want sympathy. And I don’t want Frank to think or treat me any differently to how he does now.

“Why not?” she asked. I sighed and looked down at the ring, twirling it around my finger.

“Because I don’t want him or the guys acting differently around me… I’m not ready to talk about it.” I said, looking her in the eyes, begging for her to keep this secret. She nodded, and smiled at me.

“Of course. It’s safe with me.” she said with a reassuring smile. “Your parents must be so proud of you. You’ve been through so much, and you’re still as strong as ever.” she said with a paternal smile. My heart sunk. I’d be the happiest person ever if my parents said they were proud of me.

“Not really.” I said, looking down. “My parents and I don’t get along. We haven’t spoken in years.” I said, casually, looking up at Linda’s shocked face.

“Seriously?” she asked with raised eyebrows, and I nodded. “How can anyone do that to their child? It annoys me so much.” she said to herself, narrowing her eyes. I smiled at her amused. It didn’t bother me really. I was used to it, and I’d grown up to learn that I don’t need parents. I can get by just as good on my own, maybe even better. “Well you know what? I’m always here for you if you’d like to talk, or go shopping, or just have mother/daughter time.” she said with a warm smile, as she placed her hand on top of mine. “I’ve always wanted a daughter.” she said with a smile.

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

I frowned and opened the door, to see a girl about the same age as me. Her long light brown hair blowing in the breeze. She removed her sunglasses, revealing a pair of amazing brown eyes, which stood out compared to her milky white skin. Her pink lips stretched into a small smile, before her face contorted into a disgusted look, taking me aback. I instantly despised this girl.

“Is Frank here?” she asked slowly, as if I was dumb. I frowned and stared at her as though she was the dumbest thing on the planet. I may have missed a lot of school, but I’m not dumb.

“And who the fuck are you?” I asked. I couldn’t help or prevent the bluntness in my voice. She smiled a smug smile, and placed her sunglasses on top of her head before holding out a hand.

“I’m Saera.” she said simply, and I just stared at her hand, not bothering to shake it, or be polite. “I’m his wife.” she said snobbishly.

I stared at her blankly. I thought Frank said they weren’t together anymore.

“And who are you?” she asked, as she looked me up and down with disgust. I opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a voice behind me.

“She’s his fiancée.” Linda said harshly, before holding my left hand up. I’d never heard her be so harsh before. Honestly, I didn’t think she was capable of it. Saera stared at the sparkling silver ring on my finger, before looking at me with narrowed eyes. I stood there in complete shock. Why would Linda say that? And why is Saera here? All I wanted was a quiet day, but I can see that’s not going to happen.

Saera opened her mouth, but I didn’t hear what she was saying. I switched off, at the sound of the phone ringing. I shot Saera a glare, before turning around. I shot Linda a confused, curious face before making my way into the living room, and answering the phone.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey sugar. Feeling any better?” Frank asked me into the phone. I smiled and nodded, before mentally slapping myself. Of course he couldn’t hear me, how stupid.

“Yeah, kind of.” I said. “I feel better but I’m just confused.” I said honestly, looking out of the window at Saera, as she flicked her hair back.

“Why? What’s up?” he asked. I could hear the concern and worry in his voice.

“Well this bitch just turned up at your house, claiming to be your wife, and then started asking who I was, so your mom said I was your fiancé.” I said, totally confused. My brain was actually beginning to hurt.

“WHAT?” frank yelled down the phone. I pulled the phone away from my ear, and mumbled ‘ouch’, whilst cringing. I heard him apologize before sighing. “What did she say her name was?” he asked.

“Saera.” I responded, and sat down on the sofa.

“Shit! What does she want?” he asked. I think he was talking to himself, because I honestly had no clue what was going on.

“I thought you said you were divorced.” I asked, seriously confused.

“We are, but she always comes back.” he said, sounding stressed.

“Why does she come back?” I asked, as I picked a thread on the bottom of my shirt.

“Money.” he said simply. “Look, tell her I’m not here, and just play along that were engaged.” he told me, and I frowned. Pretending to be someone else’s fiancé right now, is just upsetting me even more.

“I kind of have to now, since your mom told her we are.” I laughed, causing him to chuckle. I wasn’t trying to be funny; I was trying to lighten up the whole situation. It was for purely my own benefit. Call me selfish, but I have a right.

“You sound a hell of a lot better.” he said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

“I feel it.” I said with a sigh. “Your mom took good care of me today.” I said happily, and he laughed.

“Good.” he said, before I heard mumbling down his end of the line, and then frank saying ‘no, I’m talking to her’. I smiled, as I heard rustling which sounded like someone fighting for the phone.

“Hey Max face.” I heard Bob shout down the phone.

“Hey Bob.” I said with a laugh.

“She said hey now fuck off.” Frank grumbled, which was followed by more mumbling. “What’s she doing now?” Frank asked suddenly, and I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

“What’s who doing?”

“Saera.” he laughed.

“Oh right, she’s standing outside talking to your mom.” I said simply. I was curious as to what they were talking about.

“Well… I have to go now. I’ll be back later though. Oh and if she comes back, do not answer the door.” he warned me.

“Ok, you best bring me a nice present back, or I’m leaving your ass.” I warned him with mock seriousness, causing him to laugh loudly down the phone.

“Of course I’ll buy you a nice present. Just don’t leave me. I love you.” he pleaded down the phone. “Right I really have to go. Love you.” he said, and I returned it with a smile, before hanging up. Those words always left holes in my heart, but with Frank I knew he only meant it as a friend, which comforted me.

I opened the door, and looked at Linda, who stopped mid sentence, and looked at me with a warm smile.

“Who was that?” she asked, quickly taking a glance at Saera.

“Frank.” I said casually.

“Go sit down honey, I’ll sort this out.” she demanded. Her eyes held a flare, and I nodded. I didn’t really want to get on the wrong side of Linda at the minute. She smiled at me warmly, and I shut the door and made my way into the kitchen. What the fuck was going on? This day couldn’t go anymore off-plan. As soon as I sat down I heard the front door slam, which was followed by Linda sitting in her seat and huffing.

“That girl is just trouble.” she said, glaring at the table. I smiled and stood up putting the kettle on.

“So I’m engaged to Frank then?” I asked with amusement.

“Sorry Max, but I thought it would make her go away. Sorry for getting you involved.” she apologized again.

“No, it’s ok. It was rather fun.” I lied with a smile, trying to reassure her.

“Well, I’ll warn you now, that she’ll be back.” Linda sighed.

*

“What did Frank want?” she asked, as I set a cup of coffee down in front of her.

“Just to check up on me. And to tell me that they’ll be back later tonight.” I said with a smile.

“Well, I’m going to go get ready for my date tonight after this.” she said, pointing to her coffee. “And when I’m gone, if she comes around again, just ignore her. Don’t answer the door.” Linda warned me, just as Frank had done. I nodded. I could handle myself. Its not like she’s be able to try anything on with me.

“She’s got a habit of getting violent.” Linda warned me, and I smiled.

“So have I.” I said with a laugh.

“Yeah, I saw what you did to Gerard.” she said with a smirk. “I heard all about it, and I respect the fact that you don’t take shit.” she complimented me. I was slightly taken aback. This was the first time I’d heard Linda swear. I was starting to like Linda even more. In this one day, she’d become an adoptive mother to me, and a good friend. Frank was so lucky.




Authors Note:
I decided I would update now since i'm sick and all, again. This chapter is for Laynikins, love ya :)
Sign up to rate and review this story