Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

Trust Me

by Alala19 4 reviews

Hrm.. Max learns about MCR a bit, but is still clueless. CLIFFHANGER ADVISORY

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-03-22 - Updated: 2011-03-23 - 2786 words

1Original
Something in my head clicked, and I realized it was the CD he suggested I listen to in the music store, but Frank put it back claiming they were shit. I smiled and took it from him, and brought my eyes to his.

“Just thought you might like to listen to It.” he shrugged shyly. I smiled and hugged him.

“Thank you.” I said, as I pulled away. He smiled and retreated back downstairs. I decided to listen to it later. Ray had a decent music taste, so they were bound to be good. Then again, Frank couldn’t put the CD down fast enough. Each to their own opinion I guess. I’d definitely check it out though.

*

I was lying on Frank’s bed next to him, as we stared at the ceiling. The Used playing quietly in the background.

“This reminds me of when you first moved in.” he said randomly, and breaking the silence. I turned to look at him, a smile growing on my lips, flattered that he’d remembered something so small and insignificant. He turned to look at me also, his hazel eyes boring into my own as a smile lay on his own lips. His hair falling into his eye.

“I can’t believe you remembered that.” I laughed watching him like a hawk, as he closed his eyes, and moved his hair back out of his eyes.

“Why wouldn’t I? It was the day my best friend moved in. Besides. It was the day you pushed me off the bed. I had a bruise from that thank you very much.” he said with a smirk. I smiled; his words managing to flatter me again. I don’t see how he’s single, or why he and Saera split up. Yeah, she’s a bitch, but if I had a guy like Frank, I’d do everything I could to cling onto him. I turned and looked up at the ceiling, debating whether to ask the question at the front of my mind. I don’t know how he’d react, but the question was just bugging me and begging to be answered. I felt Frank’s gaze still one me, and I knew he was studying me, waiting for me to say something.

I turned and looked at him. The content expression written on his face. I rolled over onto my stomach, and propped myself up on my elbows, looking at him. He was still silently observing me, as though I was some movie or something.

“Why did you and Saera split up?” I asked, before I could stop myself. I instantly regretted it, as Frank’s face went blank and he tore his gaze from mine, and looked at the ceiling again. He stared at it for a few moments, and I knew he was thinking it over in his head. My gaze never shifted from him, and I watched his eye lashes flutter as he blinked. After what felt like an eternity, he sighed, and rolled over on his side, facing me and staring straight into my eyes.

“She changed…” he said simply. I understood what he meant, even though what he said was so simple. I nodded to show that I understood and waited for him to continue. “I came home one day, to find her snorting cocaine.” he said. I respected how easily he could talk about it, and wished I could share the same ability as him.

“Do you miss her?” I asked as I allowed my eyes to dance over his features, tying to read his emotion, but being unsuccessful. He scrunched up his face.

“Not really. I miss what we had, but I don’t miss her.” he said inching closer to me a little. His breath now falling on my face as I looked down at him. I smiled at him, and moved so I was lying on my side facing him, as my arms were becoming a little numb from supporting my weight. He blew on my face gently, and I scrunched my face up, and squeezed my eyes shut, as the cold breeze blew over my face.

I heard a bang and opened my eyes and looked to see Mikey standing in the doorway. A childish smile playing on his lips, as he looked at me and Frank. I realized why he was smiling how he was. Frank and I were pretty close to each other. I smiled and shook my head.

“What do you want Mikey? Were having quality best friend time here, and before you ask, no you can’t join in because your not cool enough. We’ll let you join when you stop being a baby, and get a tattoo.” Frank said, a smile on his lips. I couldn’t help but laugh at Mikey’s expression as his face fell, and he jutted his bottom lip out and allowed it to tremble. He looked so cute and childish that I just wanted to hug him. Mikey’s expression soon changed to one that gave me authority.

“Actually, I’m here to tell Max face, there’s someone on the phone for her.” Mikey said, as though he was ignoring Frank, but compose himself from Frank’s comment. My heart flipped and I found myself hoping that it was Cameron on the phone. We’d made phone calls to each other every three days and I’d finally managed to tell him about… my experiences. I didn’t want to tell him over the phone, but he managed to pry the information from me. “Anyway.” Mikey said, straightening himself up to a proud stance. “I wouldn’t want to join your ‘cool club’ if your in it, because you’ll just ruin my reputation. I’m gonna go hang out with the real cool people; Ray, Melanie, Bob, and Gerard.” he said childishly, and rather dismissively, before his eyes landed on mine. “Max face, your welcome to hang out with us cooler people if you wish.” he said, before turning and walking out of the room, leaving me and Frank laughing, before I got up and answered the phone.

Sure enough, it was Cameron. I took the phone to my room, and put on the CD Ray had leant me, before collapsing on my bed.

“My Chemical Romance. Good choice.” Cameron said as soon as the first chords started playing. “I can’t wait to see you, and introduce you to Kay.” Cameron sighed. I smiled at the thought that he was missing me, and wanted to introduce me to his wife. From what I’d heard from her, she was really nice, and she owned her own coffee shop. “One more week to go.” Cameron said happily, throwing me off.

“One week till what?” I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

“Till I get to see you again.” he said, as though I was stupid.

“Cameron, what are you talking about?” I asked. My mind frantically trying to recall any information about this I may hear or forgot.

“You… you don’t know?” Cameron asked wearily, and I could hear fear in his voice.

“No I don’t have a fucking clue what you’re on about. Fancy enlightening me?” I asked bitchily. I didn’t mean for it to come out bitchy.

“I’ll uh-” he started. “I’ll let Dylan explain to you.” he said and I sighed. Why am I always the last to know anything?

Cameron and I said our goodbyes and I lay on my bed listening to Ray’s CD. I was absorbed in it. Their sound was so original, and the lyrics were haunting, yet oddly beautiful, as well written. I faintly remembered Ray mentioning that they had a new album coming out soon; and I knew for sure, I’d definitely be purchasing that. I stared at the artwork on the CD cover, and the name

My Chemical Romance

There was something familiar but what? Then it clicked. I’d heard this voice before, but where? I don’t know. It was probably playing in a shop, or at work. I was musically backwards and didn’t know any decent new bands around, and the guys at work insisted on surrounding me with recent music 24/7. That must be where I’ve heard this voice before.

*

“Morning.” I greeted Alba, who was lying on the sofa channel surfing.
“Happy Saturday.” she smiled cheerily up at me. I smiled back and waltzed into the kitchen to put the kettle on.
“Why are you so happy?” I asked her as I collapsed on the sofa next to her; the sounds on the TV blaring, and then changing. Maybe catching one word at a time. I turned to her expectantly. She turned her gaze to mine, with a smile plastered to her lips.

“Because I’m going to a party tonight.” she said happily, and turned her gaze back to the TV, continuing her channel surfing. I heard the kettle finish boiling, and made my way into the kitchen.


As I finished making my coffee, a pair of arms snaked their way around my waist, and a head rested on my shoulder causing me to jump slightly. I heard Frank chuckle into my ear, and saw his hand grab my coffee and bring it to his lips. An evil smirk forming on my lips as I knew what was about to happen. The cup was put back quickly, and Frank moved away from me with lightning speed. I turned to see him fanning his mouth with his hand, as he lolled his tongue out.

“Ha! That’s what you get for stealing my coffee.” I said smugly, and picked up my cup before striding out of the room to join Melanie. I put my drink on a coaster on the coffee table, and sat down next to Alba, watching Ed, Edd and Eddy with her.

“Your nasty.” I heard from beside me, and I looked to my side to see Frank standing there pouting. He looked like a little kid. I smiled and looked up at him innocently.

“How could I possibly be nasty?” I asked choking on the fake innocence. Frank inched closer, and he bent down and leant on the arm of the sofa. His face inches away from mine. His eyes boring into mine, as his bottom lip jutted out.

“You let me burn myself.” he said quietly, and childishly. An innocent childish aura around him. One word to describe him at the minute, would be cute. He reminded me of Ben in a way.

“What gives you that idea?” I asked with mock hurt, at the idea that I would let him burn himself. Frank batted his eyelids, adding to the act perfectly. I almost felt sorry for him. There was definitely some guilt building up, but the mischievous glint in his eyes, just blew it all away. “Oh well, at least it wasn’t anyone important. Now if it was Ray or Bob that would be a different story.” I said, with a growing smile as Frank’s eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. It then quickly turned into a glare, and he stood up.

“That’s it, your not getting your present now.” he said folding his arms over his chest and closing his eyes whilst turning his head away from me.

“I thought you were my present.” I said with a smile at how childish he was acting. Then again Alba was sitting next to me watching Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I could hardly accuse him as being childish.

“That was a bonus, I got you a real present, but your not having it now because your nasty to Me.” he pouted. I smiled and turned to face the TV.

“Fine then.” I said, becoming interested in the cartoon. A few moments later, I felt a gaze on me, and I knew it was Frank, and that he was waiting for me to cave into him. That was never going to happen. I may be extremely curious as to know what my present is, but I’m also stubborn, and was determined not to lose this time.


Frank became bored and sighed very loudly, before lay on top of me and Alba, with his head in my lap. My hands found their way into his hair, as we all became hooked on the cartoon playing on front of us. It never occurred to me to ask why Alba was in our house watching our TV, or how she got in before any of us had woken up.

*

“Whoa, where are you going all dressed up like that?” I asked, as Mikey and Frank came into the living room in black suits. They both looked extremely smart and handsome. I’d never seen them dressed up like this before, and however nice they looked, I was trying to fight off the urge to laugh. Especially at Mikey, who was struggling with his tie. “C’mere.” I said to him, motioning with my hand for him to come to me. He sighed and did so. He must’ve known what I was going to do, because he bent down so I could easily reach his tie. I tied it for him and straightened the collar on his shirt, whilst pressing out his outfit from creases. He smiled at me with relief and wrapped his arms around me gratefully, and planted a kiss on the top of my head. He pulled away and drank some of my coffee.

“Why are you all scrubbed up?” I asked Frank, nudging him with my shoulder.

“Because.” he said just as playfully, and nudging me back, with a grin on his face as looked down at me.

“Because what?” I asked, nudging him again as I looked up at him.

“Because were going to a work thing, and we have to dress up.” he said sitting down on a chair, and pulling me with him also; so I was perched on his lap. His arms wrapped around my waist as his hand played with my belt buckle.

“You guys are leaving me again? On a Saturday?” I whined and pouted, looking up at Mikey as he placed my empty mug back on the table. He shot me an apologetic look and put the kettle on to make some more. Good thing I’m feeling nice. That kid drank my coffee.

“I’m sorry… But we have to.” Mikey said, pouting at me. I pouted too and allowed my bottom lip to tremble, causing Frank’s arms to tighten around me.

“When will you be back?” I asked, as I looked at the clock. 4:06pm.

“Umm. Probably not till late.” Mikey said, before turning to make some more coffee as the kettle finished boiling. I finally know what I’m buying that kid for Christmas. A cappuccino machine. He’d be the happiest person ever.

“Fine. Ditch me then. I’ll just call Bob.” I said sadly.

“Actually” frank said from behind me. “Bob’s coming with us.” he said, sounding almost sorry. My eyes widened in shock.

What?” I narrowed my eyes at the floor. “Well then what about Ra-” I started, but was cut off by Mikey.

“He’s coming too.” he said, flashing me another apologetic look. I frowned and huffed in defeat.

“I don’t like you guys any more. You ditch me.” I said quietly, looking at the floor.

“Awe. Don’t hate us.” Mikey whined almost sounding like a little kid.


“We really need to buy a cat. I need the company.” I said, looking at Frank’s hand, as it stopped fumbling with my belt buckle, and he placed them over my hands, and laced our fingers together. I felt so lucky. I had one hell of an amazing friend. Frank seemed to accept everything I threw at him, and he just accepts it, and carries on. It shocked me just how complex he was. There was a knock at the door, startling me. I clambered out of Frank’s grip and opened the door to have my breath get caught in my throat.


Authors Note: Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. I’ve just been extremely stressed out lately, and haven’t even been home to post a new chapter. Let’s just say it’s good to be home and away from psychotic teenagers for a bit. Review please, let me know what’s got them gears in your heads going so fast this time around. MCR live in 17 days.. So ready for it. Love ya’ll.

xoxo t.iero
Sign up to rate and review this story