Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

Can We Pretend

by Alala19 3 reviews

Sorry for the lack of updates, my computer is screwing up. I had to write this one in Windows Notepad, so please excuse any spelling errors, since Notepad doesn't check for them... Very exciting...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-03-31 - Updated: 2011-03-31 - 1654 words

2Exciting
I looked in amazement at Bob, Ray and Gerard, who all stood there in matching black suits. They were identical to the ones Frank and Mikey were wearing.

"You guys really clean up well." I said with wide impressed eyes. Bob smiled at me, allowing his twinkling blue eyes to mesmerize me temporarily, before he flung his arms around me. He pulled away and made his way into the house; Ray and Gerard following. Gerard didn't make eye contact with me, or even acknowledge my existence. Well I guess it's better than glares all the time. I followed them into the kitchen and leaned against the doorframe, watching their excited chatter happily.

The next thing I knew, they were leaving.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, and we can watch a movie or something." Mikey promised into my ear, as he hugged me. I nodded into his chest and smiled up at him gratefully as we pulled apart.

"Oh, and by the way, you look amazing with contacts in." I remembered smiling up at him. He looked at the floor and scuffed his shoes with embarrassment. His cheeks hinting a light shade of pink.

"Mikey, come on!" Gerard shouted, and Mikey shot me one last smile before running to get in the car. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders from behind. I turned to meet those gleaming hazel eyes.

"I feel bad." he said, his arms still around my shoulders. "Because I had to leave you when you were sick, and I just got back and I have to go again." he said, as I studied the sincerity and sadness in his eyes.

"Don't be stupid." I laughed up at him. "I'm a big girl. I can handle myself. Besides, it's only for a few hours, it's not like it's going to be months or anything." I laughed. I saw a flicker across his eyes, and for a moment I thought it was fear, but I couldn't tell. As soon as it appeared, it had disappeared leaving me feeling slightly confused. His grip on me tightened, and my face smushed into his chest, making it harder for me to breathe. He kissed the top of my head, before releasing me, allowing me to inhale a deep breath of air. "Cya in a bit." I said happily, before shutting the door in his face.

As soon as they were gone, I was on the phone with Billy.

"Hello?" she answered sounding rather stressed. I felt sorry for her. Here's me completely bored and calling her to annoy her, and she sounds like she's got much more important things to do than to talk to me.

"Hey it's Max.' I said, and I heard her release a happy sigh.

"Hey Max, you don't know how happy I am that you called. I was just about to call you." she laughed, and I laughed too at my sudden psychic abilities. "Can I come over to your place? I just really need to get out of the house." she asked, desperation clinging to her words. I laughed and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Wow. We really do have a psychic thing going on, because I was calling you, to ask you to come over here, because I'm bored." I laughed as I rested the phone between my neck and my chin as I turned the tap on and washed my apple. See what boredom leads me to? Eating healthy.

"I'm so hormonal right now." Billy sighed and I laughed at her, before taking a bite from my apple. "Besides, I wanna watch the premier of your advert." she said happily and I scrunched my face up.

"Oh god, you remembered?" I asked. I was hoping everyone had forgotten. It was obvious the guys had forgotten and that was fine, because honestly, I didn't want anyone to see it anyway. Billy laughed.

"I'll be over in a bit." she said, before we hung up.

*

I lay on the sofa eating my apple. The house was deadly silent and it was annoying me. Put on the CD Ray leant me, and raided the cupboards for snacks, as the music blared out of the speakers. My eyes landed on a bottle of Jack Daniels in the cupboard, and I bit down on my lip as I stared at it. My mind and body screaming at me to open it, but something deep inside me was telling me to walk away. I tore my eyes away from the cupboard and slammed the cupboard door shut. I didn't want to go down that path again.

I felt something drip down my chin, and put my finger to it. As I pulled my finger away, my eyes caught sight of the vibrant red. I narrowed my eyes, and licked my lip. The coppery taste of blood awakened my taste buds, and the wound of my lip stung; causing me to realise just how hard I had bit it. I grabbed a glass, and filled it with water, before tipping some salt into it. I grabbed a spoon, and stirred the salt in the water, until all of the substance had dissolved, as I sucked my lip. Satisfied with the solution, I took a sip of the liquid and swilled it around my mouth, making sure as to wash it over my wound. I squeezed my eyes shut with pain, as the saline liquid entered my cut. I spat it out into the sink. The once clear solution now held a red tint. I nearly gagged on the taste, but continued to do the same with another sip of the brine solution. I tipped away the rest of the solution, and washed the glass, as my lip stung from the salt. At least it was clean now. I filled the glass with water, and drank it in an attempt to wash away the dreadful taste.

There was a knock at the door, and I abandoned the glass, and skipped my way to the door as a song ended. I opened the door to see Billy standing there with various bags in each hand. I narrowed my eyes, before grabbing some bags from her, and ushering her inside. I dropped the bags on the sofa, before rummaging around in them to see ice cream, chocolate chips and much more comfort food. I laughed and turned to her as I stood up. She held a sheepish grin and shrugged.

"We're girls, and I'm pregnant." she shrugged and dropped her messenger bag to the floor. I turned the CD off, as she sat down on the sofa and turned the TV on. I grabbed two spoons from the kitchen and sat down on the sofa next to her. She had decided on the channel and arranged all of the snacks.

I smiled and dug my spoon into my ice cream.

"So why were you so eager to get out of the house?" I asked her, turned to her fully. She licked the ice cream from her spoon before her eyes locked onto mine and she screwed up her face.

"It's boring at home. Dylan is insisting on doing absolutely everything, and telling me to 'take it easy' and my mom is insisting she looks after Ben in the day so I don't 'wear myself out' and I'm just bored." she sighed and shovelled some more ice cream into her mouth. I smiled and did the same. "What about you? Why'd you ask me to come over?" she asked, and I felt her gaze fall on me.

"Because I'm bored." I said simply. She remained silent and I guessed she was waiting for me to explain. "The guys have all gone to a business thingy, Alba's at a party, and Eli wont let me back into work 'till Monday." I sighed, throwing my head back and closing my eyes.

"Ooh it should be on any minute now!" Billy squealed, causing me to snap my eyes open and face her with confusion. Her eyes locked onto mine and she smiled at me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Your little premiere." she said happily, before removing her hand and facing the TV excitedly. "They said it should be on just before the MTV awards begin." she said. Her eyes not leaving the TV screen. I groaned and rolled my eyes, dreading it. I didn't want to see myself on TV.

"Oh!" Billy screeched, and hit me repeatedly for my attention, still not taking her gaze from the TV. "There you are." she said, and I looked at the TV. My heard beat racing with nerves. I had no idea what I'd be like. At first it didn't look like me. I looked so different. I looked... Pretty. I watched with amazement,. It didn't turn out how I thought it would. I'd been dreading it, but after watching it, I liked it.

"Whoa. You looked gorgeous." Billy said with wide eyes, as she turned to face me after the advert had finished. I smiled sheepishly, amazed myself.

We watched the MTV awards absent mindedly, as we munched on our junk food. My heart lurched and I felt excited, as I was snapped to attention by the TV. I heard announced that My Chemical Romance were nominated for best album, and it registered, it was the band who had became my recent obsession, all thanks to Ray. I watched the pictures on the TV, and clapped when it was announced that they had won the award. It was then that my heart caught in my throat, and my lungs momentarily stopped working. The camera was following the band to the stage, and they collected their award. I couldn't believe it. My eyes glued to the TV screen. It wasn't just anybody on the stage, it was Ray, Bob, Gerard, Mikey, and Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story