Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Married in the life of Ryden

Taking A Vacation

by Uriefury 1 review

and, its the next chapter. read? :3

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-03-25 - Updated: 2011-03-25 - 3592 words

1Moving
I. Can't. Fucking. Believe. This. Sarah has the guts to just waltz in while I'm lying here injured and jump all over my Bren like she owns the place! Wait, he's not my Bren. Fuck sake! I could feel my eyes tearing up so I pulled the covers over my head and started to sob.
"Bren, this isn't fair to him. I'll just leave" I heard Sarah say softly. I could hear Brendon murmuring something through tears and hiccups.
"Sarah, I want you both to talk to each other" I caught between hiccups. I don't want to talk to her.
"Bren, it's awkward" I heard Sarah say. Well fucking done, he's dating an 8 year old. For god's sake, I just want this to be over.
"Sarah, I know things will be better if you just talk to each other" I think Brendon was addressing me to some extent there. I pulled the covers off of my head and gave Brendon the meanest glare I could conjure up. He bit his lip and looked down at his feet, wiping his eyes. For some reason my heart ached in the guilt. Fine. I'll talk to her then.
"Hi, Sarah" I spoke timidly, sitting up a bit so she could see the full effect of my cuts. Maybe I'll scare her away or something.
"Ryan, I'm so sorry" she whispered, gazing at my head and wrists. She wiped her eyes a bit and sat down next to me. Brendon looked up and cleared his throat.
"I'm going to let you talk to each other" He spoke breathlessly, ran his hand through his hair and left the room in a hurry.
"Ryan, I didn't want this to happen" she sighed. I scowled a bit. Brendon wanted me to talk to her. I'll fucking talk to her then.
"You mean you didn't want to cause Brendon to do this to me? Do you think this is some kind of joke?" I snapped at her. She tucked her hair behind her ears and sighed.
"No, Ryan. I didn't mean for this to even happen" She looked down at my wrists then quickly looked away, maybe noticing I'd written something in them. It's not like Brendon did.
"Then why did it?" I asked her coldly. She bit her lip.
"I don't know Ryan, it just did. But he's beyond sorry, Ryan. Can't you tell?" she had quite a soft voice, almost soothing.
"It. Just. Did. You'll never love him anywhere close to how much I do. And as for how sorry he is, he's not even close" I warned her. She may be his girlfriend but I wasn't going to let her get all up in our shit.
"I know Ryan, and I'm sorry. But it's gotten so complicated now" She sat down in the chair next to my bed and scratched her head in discomfort.
"What could have made things so complicated... You.. Fucking whore"

Day three 11:13am:

Joe walked in after dropping Spencer at the hospital with Brendon and Ryan. He seemed to take Ryan's condition in stride, Ryan looked on the way to recovery as well. Well, as far as the cuts were involved. He looked rough as. poor Ryan, I hope things work out Joe thought to himself. The night before, once they realised they weren't going round to Brendon and Ryan's, they bought 4 crates of Heineken beer and bummed out in the caravan after Spencer had gone to bed. Joe, who wasn't supposed to drink as he was driving today, had 6 beers. He cut back.
"I think I've forgotten what happened last night..." Andy said as he walked into the kitchen, a wet towel on his head.
"Dude! How are you hungover? You had 2 beers!" Joe took the towel off Andy's head and put it on the table.
"Meh, I'm a lightweight!" Andy picked up the towel and put it back on his head.
"I remember it all, I didn't drink much because I'm driving today to get Ashlee!" Joe shuddered at last nights memories, but then grinned.
"Dude, you had like six beers!" Andy sat down next to him and laughed.
"Yeah but Andy, dude, you called me pretty then kissed me. I needed to drink out the Andy cooties!" Joe laughed at Andy then sunk into the sofa. Andy shook his head.
"I remember that. You said 'KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY HEINE!' and I laughed. I was weak. And I don't have cooties!"
"whatever bro. whatever floats your boat" Joe laughed at Andy who sighed and raised his eyebrows.
"So how was the hospital this morning?" Andy put the towel down and got up to get a drink.
"Man, they all looked rough, Brendon hadn't had any sleep, Jon was pissed at Brendon and Ryan was covered in gashes. I offered to take Spencer for tonight though, so he's staying at the hospital for the day then I'm picking him up again" Joe grimaced as he pictured the hospital room in his head, then stood up. "I'm gonna have a shower then get dressed." Joe said, Andy looked at him in shock.
"A SHOWER! Nahh, you never have a shower! Is this for Ashlee?" Andy waggled his eyebrows and Joe burst out laughing.
"Yes, yes it is, shower time!" Joe pulled his top of as he left the room.
"Once in a lifetime occurrence" Andy said to himself as he grabbed yesterday's paper. After a few quiet moments of reading, Andy put down the paper and looked up to see Pete and Patrick.
"Morning Andy, is Joe getting ready?" Pete asked, his arm slung around Patrick's shoulders casually.
"Umm yeah, he's in the shower!" Andy laughed and stood up. "I'm going to get changed" Andy put his paper moved the paper from the sofa to the table and made his way to his room. Joe walked back in and took a beer out of his crate from last night.
"Dude, you should really cut down on the drinking!" Pete said, pouring orange juice.
"Nahh, beer is good, I just gotta quit getting up, or never stop drinking!" Joe laughed and pulled the bottle cap off the bottle.
"If you don't drink, you won't have to quit getting up! Or carry on drinking..." Pete got up, pulled his jumper off and sat back down again.
"You know, they say the best way to quit drinking is to dance naked in a field of heathers, then take a bath in the sweat of 6 healthy men" Patrick said, reading a book entitled 'Your Gay Life'.
"Or just do what Andy would call Thursday night! Ooh!" Joe laughed at his joke.
"That was uncalled for Joe, if Andy was in here, he'd throw a scatter cushion at you!" Patrick laughed and put his book down.
'Ahh, we all gotta love Andy. Right, I'm gonna shower" Joe said as he left the room, beer in hand.

a couple of hours later

"I love airports, tell me again, why is Ashlee coming from an airport?" Joe asked Pete, holding a drink and a pretzel.
"She's coming ba.. WAIT? Where the hell did you get a pretzel?" Pete pointed at the pretzel Joe was devouring, Joe shrugged his shoulders. Pete continued. "She's been at her parents, that's why we're picking her up here. Remember?" Pete said, nicking a bit of pretzel and looking around for something.
"Whatcha looking for Petey?" Patrick poked Pete in the stomach.
"One of those buggy things that you can drive around in with luggage and stuff. I figure Ashlee's not gonna be here for another hour or so, so we should go do something fun" Pete answered, still fixated on searching for a free buggy.
"GUYS QUICK! GET THAT ONE!" Pete pointed to a buggy that had just been vacated, and started sprinting towards it.
"HAHAHAHA! Got it! Let's go drive around!" Pete shouted insanely from the buggy, Joe shrugged his shoulders again and made his way to Pete, who was at the wheel, waiting impatiently. He drove to Andy and Patrick, and motioned for them to climb in. Patrick shook his head but climbed in the back reluctantly, Andy followed suit. After 20 minutes of driving the buggy outside on the grass, Patrick had thrown up and everybody was sitting on the grass next to the buggy. Pete was getting bored until..
"Ohmigod! JOE! LOOK! A set of stairs! You want to join me in driving this bad boy down those things?" Pete was grinning, with his hand on the roof of the buggy.
"FUCKING YEAH! C'MON LETS DO THIS!" Joe and Pete jumped back into the buggy and drove off, leaving Patrick and Andy sitting there.
"Want to go get some lunch?" Patrick turned his head to Andy "I lost my breakfast by those flowerbeds over there" Patrick stood up and helped Andy up while laughing.
"Sure, let's go." Andy patted Patrick on the back and they went inside.

"You ready to do this dude?" Pete said, eyeing the steps from behind the wheel. They were about 10 metres away, creating a run up. Joe was holding onto the railings of the buggy and grinning.
"C'mon, put your foot down on the pedal!" Joe braced himself as Pete pressed the pedal. They sped towards the stairs and bumped down three. Then the buggy got stuck.
"Ah crap. That blew" Joe jiggled around in his seat, pouting. The buggy dislodged and they fell out of the buggy, tumbling down the stairs with the buggy.
"Crap! Shit, that fricking hurt!" Joe stood up and rolled his shoulders, groaning.
"You don't say? Joe, your hand is bleeding" Pete stood up and shook his legs.
"Ah no, that's just a scratch" He said while wiping his hand on the grass.
"We better go and find Ashlee" Pete stretched and he and Joe walked (or limped) to baggage reclaim.

"There she is, Pete!" Andy pointed her out, she was just walking out of baggage claim, even with her suitcases in one hand and Bronx in the other, she managed to run towards Pete and hug him.
"Hey Pete! Can someone just, help me with this suitcase? Joe! Can you please?" Ashlee asked Joe, pushing her bag towards Joe and smiling.
"Aww sweetness you know I will!" Joe said enthusiastically, taking her bag and grinning stupidly at her. Patrick pulled Joe over to one side.
"Sweetness? Could you be any more subtle, we all know you like her, even she knows, just ask her out!" Patrick said, holding Joe's shoulders and rubbing them, as if preparing him for a wrestling match.
"Who's the man?' Patrick cheered Joe on 'C'mon, tell me who the man is!" Joe glared at Patrick like he was insane but Patrick was adamant he should get a reply. Joe sighed.
"I'm the straight, bearded, unchangeable and totally sexy man" Joe leaned in closer to Patrick and whispered "We'll never speak of that again, okay? It was a bit awkward" Joe grimaced awkwardly to show his awkwardness.
"Aww, C'mon Joeykins, there's no need to be awkward around me, baby" Patrick joked around, waggling his eyebrows and laughing.
"Oh god, please do not do that! I love you dude, but for my manhood, I have to leave now" Joe left, and Patrick nodded.
"So are we taking you home, Bronxie?" Pete asked Bronx. Bronx nodded, smiled and said "Rawr!"
"I'm hoping that's good" Pete asked Ashlee "You coming back too?"
"I don't want to make you feel awkward, I can come back for a while though if you want me to?" Ashlee addressed Pete, and secretly Joe. Joe nodded his head slowly, and (he thought) sexily.
"Let's go then!" Andy chimed in, he took Bronx in the front with him and Joe for the ride back as Pete and Ashlee caught up in that back.
"Still gay? You and Patrick seem to have finally started something" Ashlee pointed at Pete's arm, which was around Patrick. Joe was driving, and Andy was in the passenger seat next to him, quietly envying Patrick, even though everything was okay between them, he still wanted Pete. Joe was listening to every word that came out of Ashlee's mouth.
"Yeah, we kept it secret for a while though, but now everyone knows" Pete smiled at Ashlee then Patrick.
"You know Pete, you're probably one of my closest friends! You know, I could talk to you about everything!" Ashlee grabbed Pete's free hand and kind of wiggled it around a bit before dropping it awkwardly.
"What do you want to talk about Ash?' Pete asked, taking her hand back.
"I think Joe is gonna ask me out!" Ashlee whispered, almost mouthed it, but Joe still heard it. His ears pricked up, and he completely forgot about the road, until he nearly crashed into a red ford mondeo, swore loudly, apologised and carried on driving with a red face.
"Well if he does, what are you going to say?" Pete whispered, getting really into this gossip.
"I really like him, it seems like he's liked me for a while!" Ashlee got even closer to Pete, she tried to be as quiet as she could, but Joe was doing his we've got Chinese dance in his head, except it was renamed I've got Ashlee, AND leftover Chinese food dance. How sweet.

Day 3 16:25pm:

"guys! I think Bronxie has pooped! What do I do?" Joe called across the room, holding Bronx at arms length.
"Andy said it was me" Patrick said to Pete who laughed and took Bronx out of Joe's arms.
"Ashlee? Where is the bag with all the nappies in it?" Pete called over his shoulder, Ashlee just coming back from the car with the rest of Bronx's toys/blankets/etc.
"they're here somewhere hang on, umm, is there anywhere I can put all this?" Ashlee looked under strain with all the bags.
"Here Ash, gimme those bags I'll put them in Bronx's room, no need to tip" Joe took the bags and winked at Ashlee who giggled and ruffled Joes hair. He walked down the hall, carrying the bags with ease saying "ohmigod, I am so IN!" He put the bags in one of the spare bedrooms, which Pete converted into a bedroom for Bronx.
"He's really into you, you know" Patrick said to Ashlee, who sat down exhausted, next to Pete.
"I know, hmm" Ashlee replied, smiling to herself.
"I think he's gonna ask you out some point today" Pete turned to face Ashlee and grinned.
"Yeah, hmm, he's so sweet" she bit her lip and started to change Bronx's nappy.
"You could say that, so would you say yeah?" Patrick shrugged at Ashlee's too kind compliment to Joe and laughed. Ashlee nodded subtly to Patrick and Pete as Joe re-entered the room.; Andy actually totally oblivious to the conversation as he read Patrick's book.
"Bronx is all done now" Ashlee picked Bronx up and hugged him.
"Aww, he's adorable" Joe sat down next to Ashlee and she passed Bronx to Joe. Joe seemed content in playing with Bronx. Bronx giggled and pulled at Joe's hair. Joe responded by grring, picking Bronx up and wiggling him, making Bronx giggle even more.
"He's such a sap when It comes to children, him and Spencer were playing sock ball this morning, with my boxers" Pete said to Ashlee, while Joe was shaking his head madly, sending his fro in all directions. Even Andy laughed at Joe's mad appearance.
"Well, wouldn't that be boxer ball then?" Andy asked, looking over the book and furrowing his eyebrows. Pete shrugged and laughed.
"Dude, I don't know the rules of sock ball" Pete spoke, getting up and grabbing a can of coke from the fridge.
"Wuncle Joey, I tiwed" Bronx yawned and leaned and Joes shoulder, putting his thumb in his mouth.
"Shall I take him to bed?" Joe looked over to Ashlee.
"Yeah, I'll come with you" Ashlee got up and followed Joe into Bronx's room.
"Night bronxie" Ashlee said to Bronx - while she lowered him into his cot - who was already drifting away, snuggling into his covers.
"Ashlee, I was wondering if, you wanted to go out sometime?" Joe asked quietly, brushing his hand through his fro. Ashlee grinned and hugged Joe.
"Took you ages to ask!" she smiled and nodded at him. Joe punched the air like a happy child.
"Uuh, awesome!"

Day three 17:20pm:

"Ry, I got those cereal bars you like. Ry?" Brendon put a bag filled with cereal bars on the wheelie tray/table thing in front of Ryan and sighed. Jon looked up from his phone and scowled at Brendon whilst Spencer quietly stood up and hugged Brendon. Ryan looked up and nodded at Brendon. Brendon kissed Spencer's head then turned around to talk to Ryan. "So, Ry, can we talk yet?" Brendon picked up a free chair and moved it noisily closer to Ryan's bedside and Ryan rolled his eyes. Spencer, without saying a word, clambered onto Brendon's lap.
"Brendon, I seriously think you should just leave me alone, forever. Get on with your life with Sarah" Ryan turned his head so he was facing the window instead of Brendon. Brendon sighed and cleared his throat.
"Ryan, you're my best friend. Please, please look at me Ry?" Brendon rested his head on Spencer's shoulders and used his eyes to his advantage, which were filled with pain. Ryan blinked and turned to face away from Brendon.
"I don't want to talk about it, Brendon, but I want a divorce" Ryan whispered breathlessly, almost inaudibly, so Spencer didn't quite catch what was just said. Jon's head snapped up in realisation as Brendon picked Spencer up and sat him hack down next to Jon.

Ryan's POV

Brendon picked Spencer up from his lap and placed him down carefully but hurriedly next to Jon.
"Stay there honey" he murmured to Spencer as Spencer sat down obediently. Brendon walked back over to me and sat on the bed by my feet.
"Ry, you don't mean that, do you?" Brendon tried to keep his shaky voice under control, and himself from breaking down in front of our children. I could see his eyes tearing up, filled with pain. Well, of course I meant it, but did I really? Instead of launching into a full blown half written speech I complacently shrugged my shoulders and faced away. Brendon cleared his throat. "Ry, I don't want to talk about this. Were not divorcing" Brendon's voice cracked noticeably., and he choked on his words. I'll show him not fucking divorcing, I thought as I angrily kicked Brendon off the bed.
"It's not your decision. I'm going to divorce you" I accidently said quite loudly, as I looked over anxiously to the kids. Spencer asked Jon what was going on, who had obviously previously put his phone in his pocket to pay attention.
"Ryan, honey, please..." Brendon got down on his knees in front of me but I stopped him mid-speech. He doesn't fucking get it.
"No Brendon. Look at me. Does this say happy couple? Does this say I'm happy for you to just go around with whoever you want? And get them pregnant? How can you do that to me! Seriously!" Brendon cringed away and wiped the tears out of his eyes. He's really starting to piss me off now. I took his face roughly in my hand and forced him to carry on looking at me. "Brendon, we can't do this" he couldn't even fucking look at me without cringing away, how was he going to spend the rest of his life like that. But it seemed like he finally got the point, and started to sob quietly. He'd seemed like he'd given up. He was sitting dismally on the floor, as Spencer got up and hugged Brendon again. Jon looked down on him and pulled out his phone again, wasn't even fazed. After all this, I still hated seeing Bren hurt, and wanted to get out of bed and hug him, and not let him go and do anything stupid ever again. But I can't seriously do that. I can't still love him after this. Fuck.
"Hey guys" Joe peeped his head through the curtains before stepping in. Brendon composed himself and got up.
"Hey Joe, are you sure it's okay to take Spencer again?" Brendon's voice had just about turned to normal as he placed his hand on Spencer's shoulder.
"Course it is, any way I can help" Joe offered his arms out to Spencer who sniffed and hugged Joe. Joe picked Spencer up carefully and swung him around so Spence was on his back. "How are you Ryan?" he asked, holding Spence securely.
"I'm healing. Thanks so much for doing this Joe" I answered back. He was being amazing really.
"you're welcome Ryan, hope you get out of here real soon, and everything will be back to it's normal self" he gestured to Brendon and I as if we were both going to forget like his ever happened. Brendon shook his head and sat down in the chair next to Jon. Jon sighed and squirmed in his seat. Joe nodded; grasping the fact things weren't going well between me and Brendon and waved to us. "Well, then, I better be going, I don't want to intrude any longer. I'll see you all tomorrow morning" Joe waved again to each of us in turn then left the room as I called goodbye to Spencie. The place was silent after that.
Sign up to rate and review this story