Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Faithfully I'm Still Yours

Black

by LauraiSlaxl 0 reviews

Izzy misses Laurie, and Axl is hardly helping.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-04-02 - Updated: 2011-04-03 - 952 words - Complete

0Unrated
Guns N' Roses touched down in Syria five hours after lifting off from the airport in Israel. As they waited for their bags to appear on the conveyor belt, Slash approached Izzy.

"You doing okay, man?"

Izzy looked at his best friend. He didn't have to ask what the lead guitarist was talking about; both musicians knew how painful it would be for Izzy to leave his family once Axl had found a replacement for him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How're they...doing?"

Both men looked over at Axl and Laurie. They were standing there, Axl's arms around Laurie's waist, his fingers hooked into her belt loops, her arms on his neck. Oblivious to everyone around them, they were staring into each other's eyes and speaking quietly, seriously; both looked about ten years younger than they actually were.

"As you see, they're fine," said Slash.

Izzy nodded and cleared his throat, which was feeling oddly thick.

Just then, Erin walked over to Slash and Izzy. "Isn't it terrible?" she said, meaning Axl and Laurie. "I just feel so bad for you, Stradlin." She slid her arms around his waist and started trying to kiss his neck, but he pushed her away.

"Fuck off," he muttered. "I'm not putting up with more drama."

Erin looked hurt. "But...but I have no one, and neither do you."

"Fan-fucking-tastic," said Izzy sarcastically. "Unfortunately for you, Everly, I don't want to be with you."

She glared at him. "Did it ever occur to you that every girl you try to hook up with on your own is going to end up going to Axl? He's way more magnetic than you; everyone likes him more. I think you should take me up on my offer."

"Hey, Erin," called Axl from where he was standing, "why don't you go suck some dick in a bathroom stall and leave my band mates alone, huh?"

Laurie laughed while Erin let out a whiny sort of huff and stormed off.

Izzy said, "Thanks, man."

Axl said, "Don't expect it to happen again, Stradlin." He turned away from Izzy and passed one hand over the silver metal of the conveyor belt. Like magic, their bags appeared. The vocalist swung his over his shoulders and lifted Laurie's for her, putting it on his other arm.

Slash sighed. He looked over at Izzy, who was gazing at Laurie in a what wouldn't I give to hold her in my arms again sort of way.

"Hey, it'll be okay. I'm sure she's not gonna keep the kid and let it grow up thinking Axl is its father."

"Oh, I didn't think Laurie was capable of that," said Izzy, but in all honesty he wasn't sure what Laurie was capable of anymore.

And that thought scared him.

~~~

Axl and Izzy broke off their ties immediately, for obvious reasons; the rest of the band went about it gradually. After all, it was never easy to drop a friendship, especially not if you were close enough to be brothers. Slash thought it was ridiculous that Axl was forcing Izzy to continue touring with them, but he, like the others, was too afraid of the lead vocalist to say anything. Only Laurie was able to speak up, and even she had just enough courage to do it in as neutral and quiet a way as possible:

"I don't think Izzy is very happy right now; maybe you should just let him go."

"Yeah? I want to, believe me, but I'm not about to explain to each crowd every night why there are only four members of Guns on stage. I'm looking for a new guitarist, but until then Izzy's just gonna have to deal with it."

Laurie sighed. "Just...um, could you maybe try and be a little nicer to him? He's under enough stress as it is without you constantly dragging him down for something, insulting him to his face like you do--"

"Laurie, look at me. Listen. That little piece of shit that called himself my best friend for fourteen years, he fucking betrayed me. Okay? I'm not going to be nice to a guy who took my girl for his own, I--"

"This is ridiculous, Axl; you should be mad at me, honey, I'm the one who encouraged the relationship to continue after he kissed me the first time."

"You're not the one who chose to get pregnant," said Axl, kind of viciously.

"Oh, Axl, please, it's not like he intended for this to happen."

Axl sighed; it was impossible to argue with Laurie, because she always came out holding the upper hand.

Besides, he didn't want to lose her again.

"Okay, okay, Laur; I'll try to let up a little. But you can't expect me to be all buddy-buddy with him, not after what happened."

She smiled, walked over, and hugged him; between their bodies, Laurie and Izzy's child moved slightly.

"Thanks, Axl." She looked up into his eyes. "You know I love you, right?"

He reached down and swept a lock of hair out of her face. He kissed her tenderly and thought that, no matter what, he was going to help her get through her pregnancy. He rubbed her breasts with his thumb and felt her nipples harden beneath her shirt. She moaned softly and slid her hand down his jeans. Arousal was instant and with it came the feel of lust, like a sweet sort of release; like rain, almost. Axl sighed and brought her back onto the bed, mouths working together in slow tandem.

Afterwards, lying there with her curled up in his arms, Axl kissed Laurie's forehead and answered her question from earlier:

"Yeah, baby, I know. I love you too."
Sign up to rate and review this story