Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saviour of the Broken

Chapter twentyone-Raised in Hell

by xxKilljoysxx 1 review

"Mikey, I told you. I would do anything to keep you two safe. And I will let nothing get in my way from stopping what ever comes at you."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-04-08 - Updated: 2011-04-09 - 1477 words - Complete

3Ambiance
GERARD'S P.O.V

I sat in the principles office, one asshole to my right, the other on my left. Mr Jackson watched the three of us closely, like he was inspecting us. One of the guys who was sitting next to me held his broken and bloody nose, the other had a badly cut lip and swollen black eye, then there was me, sitting quiet unharmed, only a few weak cuts and bruises, nothing worth complaining about.
The picture was pretty clear on what had happened.
"I don't know what to say. Mr Way.. I am very disappointed in you and your actions. You start school in less than a week and you've already dug yourself a hole."
I showed no emotion. I don't care about the consequences, like I've said before, Frank is worth dying for. As long as Frankie's unharmed and the dicks next to me got what they deserve then I'm happy.
"Wait!" The one with the bloody nose said loudly "You're still letting this basterd come here."
I smirked.
"Mr Webb, I'm sure you know that everyone deserves a second chance, you've had plenty. I will let Mr Way try prove to the school, myself and himself that I made the right decision on giving him this chance."
I nodded and Webb and his friend starred at me in disbelief.
"Now the three of you can start over. I will see you two tomorrow, Zac and Jason and I will see you next Monday, Gerard."
"Yes, sir." Jason and Zac muttered before leaving.
I followed them out the door and they turned to me once we were outside and out of sight from any teachers. I raised my eyebrows.
"You're going to fucking regret today, fag" spat Jason.
I kept a poker face and blinked.
"Did you not hear him?" asked Zac
"I heard him. Let me guess, you're gunna get all your jock friends to come find me and 'smash me'?"
Thier eyes narrowed.
"I know how people like you work. You're all cowards. Instead of getting your friends to come get me, why not fight your own battles."
I turned and left. I pulled out my phone and dialed Mikey's number.
"Hello?" Mikey sounded stressed and impatient.
"Hey Mikes, where are you."
He went quiet.. "umm, bathrooms."
"Kay." I hung up the phone and ran to the toilets closest to where the fight happened.
Mikey was sitting on the cold, dirty ground, his back agianst the wall and Frankie sitting next to him, leaning his head on his shoulder, his eyes starring blankly at the mucky tiled floor.
Mikey's eyes locked onto mine and I moved closer and sat opposite them.
Frankie made no difference in emotion, as if i never came in.
I got a closer look at him now. His right eye was blackend and vacant. His once smiley, pink lips were pale and cut. His hair stuck to his face from the rain and he was shaking. He had no color left in him. He breathed steadily and kept his arms tightly around his stomach.
Mikey had his arm around his shoulders and Frankie kept his head resting on his shoulder. Tear prickled the corners of my eyes. His honey hazel eyes glazed over every few seconds. We all remained silent. What could i say?
Mikey watched me as I studied Frank. He looked so small; so weak. His fragile body seemed to sink into the wall behind him. I finally tore my eyes away from Frankie and looked at Mikey. Mikey held a sad expression. He bit his lip and looked down.

Mikey didn't look at me like he did before. Somewhere behind his eyes I could see distress and misery.. almost terror.

I frowned curiously as I looked at him. He turned his eyes from the dirty ground to Frankie, who remained the same.
"S-Should we take him home?" I asked, my voice raspy
Mikey kept his stare on Frankie, but nodded.
I stood up and Mikey carefully slipped his arm back from behind Frankie's neck and kneeled infront of him. Frankie finally broke out of his daze. He looked tonelessly up at Mikey.
"Come on, Frank" Mikey picked him up from under his arms and steadied him. Frank could barely stand right. Mikey caught him before he fell.
"Can you carry him?" Mikey whispered, not wanting to speak loudly, Frank's head is probably injured so we didn't want to cause him anymore distress.
I nodded and put Frankie on my back. I felt him limply wrap his arms around my neck and I walked out of the bathroom with Mikey closely trailing.
"Take him to our house." Mikey said as we exited the school's prison-like gates.
I nodded. From what Frankie's told me, his parents don't seem like very understanding and judging people and he would rather keep information private.
I walked the streets to our house. Mikey kept looking at frank and I, checking that everything was okay.The rain still fell and I felt Frankie shiver. His body grew colder and colder. We qucikened our pace.

Once we got home, I lay Frankie on the couch with blankets covering him , he had fallen asleep on the way here.
Mikey beckoned me to follow him into the kitchen where he made us both coffee.
We sat at the kitchen table and Mikey starred at me.
"What?" I shrugged, taking a sip of my coffee.
"What? That's all you say? What?!"
"Keep your voice down Mikes."
"Where did all that come from?"
"What are you talking about?"
"You beat up Zac and Jason And you're still alive?"
"Yeaaah?"
"Fuck Gerard. You just suddenly lost it."
"I didn't loose it, I was fully aware of what I was doing."
"You could have gotten really hurt. Then what would I do. I thought that you would get hurt, Gee"
"I know that I could get hurt, but there are things worth suffering for, like you and Frank."
"Where did it all come from?"
"Two years living in the part of town that I was living in.."
Mikey tensed "You learn a few things.."
"You learnt how to beat people up?"
"No, I learnt how to block out fear. Being able to beat someone up if just your adreniline talking, anyone can do it."
Mikey swallowed. "I was scared."
"Mikey, what's life without a little risk? Sometimes there can be bullshit that won't work out but you can't let that get you down. Untie the weight bags that you never thought you could and let the feeling take you over."
"I didn't seem like you had control.."
"I did, Mikey, I told you. I would do anything to keep you two safe. And I will let nothing get in my way from stopping what ever comes at you."

That night I moved Frankie to sleep in my bed and went back upstairs to the lounge. Mikey sat on the couch with Mom watching random tv. Mikey tensed when I sat next to him. Like he was uneasy around me.
Mom didn't notice, she just smiled at me then returned her gaze to the tv.
"How's Frank doing?"
"Still sleeping."
Mom nodded and patted Mikey on the knee, "I'm going to bed, don't you two stay up to late."
She kissed us both on the head before leaving.
"I um, think I'll go to bed now too, Gee."
"What's up Mikey?" I asked "You're acting different."
He shrugged. "Been a.. long day."
And with that he left me.

I didn't regret beating up those two jocks, but Mikey was sure as hell showing me that he did. It's not like im going to snap suddenly and beat him or Frank up. I have total selfcontrol...

Was Mikey worried if I get hurt? These people at this school are amatures compaired to the bullies at my old school. I don't think Mikey's let it sink in that I'm not the defensless 16 year old that I was when I left. And when I return to school I will prove to him just how capable I am to take care of myslef. I just hoped that Zac will get his jock friends to come after me.. Maybe i could cover it in saying that it is self defence.. I need to bbe able to stay at school so I can keep an eye on Frank and Mikey..

I lay back on the couch with a smirk on my face, even though I am still so worried about Frankie, I couldn't help the excitement that burned in my gut now. I couldn't wait for them to get a load if me..

I don't think that the last chapter was very good, sorry if it isn't. I hope this one is better:) Please let me know what you think, R+R :D xx
Sign up to rate and review this story