Categories > Original > Drama > Una Mexicana

You hate me?

by sickly_ill 1 review

Which happened to be my favorite novela: Triunfo de Amor. Max was so dreamy.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-04-08 - Updated: 2011-04-09 - 4010 words - Complete

1Exciting
To one of my reader:Tati; thank you for your reviews. They really inspire me to write more just for you. So, this chapter is for you. Thank you, again. :)


I was so shocked that I didn't move for a few seconds until what just happened sunk in. And in those seconds I saw Cesar's face and watching him walk out my door. The look of disgust on his face. The look of disappointment. Also in those few seconds I didn't hear the door open to reveal Valentin, Gordo and Limon's little sisters.
And when everything sank in I pushed Limon away. He just shook his head and his hands trembled. I was breathing hard with my eyes wide. I didn't know what to say so I got up and ran out the door.I heard Limon get up as well and chase after me. "Ada!" He yelled after me as I ran to my car. "Ada, por favor!" Was all I heard before I got into my car and took off. I was shaking. Everything was running back and forth through my head. How was I going to tell Cesar? How will he react? Will he believe me if I told him Limon kissed me first?
In all my rage, shock and confusion I didn't notice I had drifted onto the wrong side of the road until I saw bright headlight to a Ford truck heading towards me. Again, too shocked, I couldn't move my hands to move the steering wheel to move out of the truck's way. So, in my stupor, I kept driving until I was jerked forward, hitting my head on the wheel and then blacked out.

I heard beeping and light snoring. Where am I? I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't. I tried to move my body, but couldn't either.Trying to open my eyes again I ended up only opening my right eye instead of both. From what I saw, which was limited, I was in a white room with a TV and a bathroom. I tried to move my body again and felt a cast on my leg and my arm. Then, finally I opened my left eye, taking in everything around me. Armando was sleeping on a small chair and there were three big windows letting the gray light from the morning clouds light the room a light gray.
I tried to call Armando, but my throat was dry and my lips were chapped. Now everything came back to me the night before. Limon, Valentine and Gordo, the beer, the Ford truck. I hope whoever was in that truck is still alive and doing well. I hoped they were doing better than I was. Knowing I couldn't do anything about it right now I just decided to watch whatever was on TV. Which happened to be my favorite novela: Triunfo de Amor. Max was so dreamy. And Ximena was such a lying bitch! And Gillermo is just a creeper! I was totally engrossed into the TV that when I heard a knock at the door I jumped a little. Then, I saw my dad come in. "Mija! You're up!" He came over and kissed my head. "How you feeling?" I just swallowed hard and tried to speak, but just ended up mumbling something I didn't even understand when it came out. "Sounds like you need some water, mija." He went into the bathroom and came back out with a clear Dixie cup filled with water. He held the cup to my lips and I drank until all the water was gone. "Now, how do you feel?"
"I feel like shit." I laughed softly, then broke into a cough.
"Take it easy, mija." My dad chuckled. I just smiled. But as quickly as the smile came it went away. The whole left side of my face hurt. That's when a tall tan man came into the room. He had short dark hair, hazel eyes, a broad frame and a stunning smile.
"Hi," he said, "I'm Doctor Sanchez. I am your doctor for today." He wore a long white lab coat and a stethescope around his neck.
"Okay." I smiled slightly. He just smiled and chuckled.
"Well, I came in here to run some tests just to make sure you're okay." I nodded and he looked at the machines I was connected to and took my blood pressure and temperature. All the while Armando is sleeping through all of this. "Okay, that's all we got today. We're just gonna keep you here a few more days just to make sure everything is fine and well." He smiled and stepped out of the room. But then another man came into the room.
"Hello. I'm Officer Ortiz. I'm here to interview Adalita Solis for the accident between herself and Cesar Salvador." Officer Ortiz said. While him and my dad got to know each other I lost myself in my thoughts. I hurt Cesar. It was his Ford I drove into to?
"Cesar." I whispered to myself.
"What was that?" Officer Ortiz asked me.
"I hurt Cesar?" I teared up and my voice cracked. A knot in my stomach and throat. That's when I got frantic. I started crying and crying. Whimpering and calling to God.
"Ada, calmate." My dad came to me and started smoothing back my hair. And that's when Armando decided to get up.
"What's going on?" He rubbed the sleep from his eyes. I just glared at him and he just sat there quietly knowing not to say anything else anymore.
"Ms. Solis, calm down. I need you to tell me your side of the story." I nodded and took a couple deep breaths before spilling everything from the when I walked in on Cesar and Ava to the accident. He wrote everything down. "Thank you, Ms. Solis." I nodded and Officer Ortiz left.
The air in the room seemed heavy as my dad and Armando were processing everything. "So, what are you gonna do, Ada?" Armando asked.
"Tell them both the truth. I'm in love with Cesar, but that Limon is my best friend. They'll just have to deal with that for me." I said and Dad and Armando both nodded in agreement.

The next day, I woke up to warmth against my hand. I opened my eyes and saw the room filled with flowers, chocolates and stuffed animals with cards. I looked to my right and saw Cesar smiling at me. A small cut above his brow and a small purple bruise on his cheek, but no casts or slings or major lacerations that I could see. "Cesar." I smiled.
"Hey, babe." He smiled. "Babe, I'm so sorry! I should have known it was you! I-"
"No! It's okay. It's both our faults, I guess." He just shook his head. "Let's just forget it, okay? I don't want to talk about it." I suggested and he nodded in agreement. "But are you mad at me?" I asked.
"No! I know everything. The only one I'm mad at is Limon!" He spat.
"Cesar, don't be mad at him." I said softly.
"Why, Ada? He's the reason you're in here! If it wasn't for him you wouldn't be here and everything would be different. He needs to learn to keep his dick to himself!" Anger flashed in Cesar's eyes. I have never seen him this mad or upset before.
"Cesar, he's my friend. He has no control over how he feels." I tried defending him.
"But he has control over how he acts! He didn't need to kiss you, but he did anyway! He didn't need to chase you, but he did anyway! How can you even defend him when he brought you in here?" Cesar kept his voice high and firm.
I sighed, "When did you start making sense?"
"When I thought I'd lost you for good and it was all my fault." He frowned and said calmly. I nodded and let his head fall onto my arm. He cried and I softly stroked his head. "I love you." He choked out.
"Don't cry. I love you too." I started crying as well. Then there was a knock at the door and Limon stepped into the room. Cesar looked up at him and got up quickly, nearly nocking over his chair.
"Que ases aqui?" He puffed his chest out and I grabbed his hand to keep him back from Limon before things got out of hand.
"I came here to see Ada, and beg for her forgiveness." He answered.
"Que te importa?" When Limon didn't say anything Cesar kept going. "Largate! Ada doesn't want you here." Limon just hung his head in shame and sadness, but he didn't say anything still.
"I can speak for myself, Cesar." I pulled at his arm.
"Then tell him, Ada. Tell him to leave 'cause you don't want him here!" Cesar demanded.
"Cesar, can you give us a minute?" I asked quietly.
"Are you fucking serious, Ada? You're gonna forgive himafter what he did to you? After what he did to us?" Cesar looked hurt when I didn't say anything and just played with my hands. I heard his heavy breathing from shouting so much. "Fine! I see how it is. You know what? You guys can have each other! I'm done!" He spat and came over to the chair and snatched up his jacket. He walked over to Limon and whispered harshly into his ear, but I didn't hear anything. Then he slammed that door, and I flinched.
"What did he say?" I asked.
"Nothing. It's not important." Limon said and sulked over to my side. "Here, I got these for you." He handed me a bouquet of yellow cannas, a card and a stuffed bear.
"Thank you, Limon. You're a good friend." I smiled and pulled him into a bear hug.
"Is that all I am to you? A good friend?" He asked and stepped back. I just nodded. "Okay, I'll just have to deal with that somehow. I can't make you love me." He nodded. "Well, I'm out. Hope you get better." He said and kissed the top of my head.
"Okay, bye." I smiled and watched as he left.

A couple days later, I was released from the hospital and went home to Valentin and Gordo. And I was surprised when Armando came to stay with me and help me. Dropping everything like school, work and his case getting Angelica's baby. Without him I wouldn't be able to anything around the house. But since that day in the hospital I haven't seen Cesar or Limon at all. I really wanted to make things right with both of them. But first with Cesar. I wanted him to forgive me. I can't stand him being mad at me. And I wanted to hang out at Limon's pad and watch movies and pig out like old times.
So I got into the pimped out rental car my dad paid for and drove to Cesar's. When I pulled into his drive way I saw his truck wasn't there, but there was a green Honda Civic parked along the curb infront of his house. When I got out of the car I heard someone whistle from across the street. I turned around to see Eliseo. He jogged over to me and hugged me tight. "Ouch! Mi pecho! You're hurting me." I said.
"Ay, perdoname, mijita." He let go. "I missed you!" He smiled.
"I can see that." I laughed.
"Damn! When Armando called me up I thought you were gonna die! I was shittin my pants!" He frowned.
"I'm fine. Just a little sore." I smiled. "Do you know if Cesar's home? His truck isn't here."
"He should be. His truck is in the shop." Eliseo replied putting his hands on his hips.
"Do you know who's car that is?" I nodded to the parked Honda.
"Nah!" He spit. "But it's been popping up around here lately. But I learned to mind my business around him now."
"Porque?" I asked.
He shrugged, "I heard you guys broke up and when he came home I asked, but he just snapped and choked me out." He said, taking one hand off his hip and rubbed his neck. "We haven't talked since." He put his hand back on his hip. "I haven't seen him come out of the house either." Eliseo sighed and spit again. I knew Cesar was upset, but this didn't sound like him. "What happened with you guys anyway?"
"Limon kissed me and Cesar got mad." Was all I said. The rest was too complicated and long to explain now.
"Damn! I didn't know. I swear." He frowned.
"I know you didn't." I said. "Well, I'm gonna talk to him before things get worse." I took my crutches out from the back of the car and started up the rest of the drive way.
"Quieres que yo voy contigo?" Elise caught up to me. "I don't want him to choke you out too. Or do something worse." He had a right to know what was up with his best friend.
"Yeah. That's a good idea." He helped me up the drive way and into Cesar's house, which was unlocked.
When we got in we heard music coming from upstairs. "What the fuck?" Eliseo said. He followed and helped me up the carpeted stairs into Cesar's room where the music was coming from.
Cesar's door was open a slit, inside we heard laughing and giggling and the rustling of sheets. Eliseo pushed open the door to reveal Cesar and Ava in his bed together. When they heard the door open they both looked up. Ava smiled while Cesar went wide eyed. I went into shock. Seeing them together disgusted me. Made me sick to my stomach. Behind me Eliseo sighed deeply and put his firm hands on my shoulders. I said nothing. Nobody did. The only things we heard was the music and Ava's laughter.
I turned around and tried to get down the stairs as fast as I could, Eliseo not far behind. My anger and rage building up inside me my steps were becoming faster than to the point where my crutch got stuck on the carpet and I went flying down the last ten stairs to the door. I tried to get up and open the door when I heard, "Ada!" Eliseo came running to me, crutches in hand, he scooped me up in his arms.
"Is she okay?" I heard Cesar asked coming down the stairs.
"What do you care?" Eliseo asked opening the door and heading down the driveway with me in his arms. "Que te importa, Cesar?"
"Eliseo." Cesar said in regret and sadness.
Eliseo just ignored his silent plea and carried me to the passenger of the rental car, piling in my crutches in the back seat, him coming around to the drivers side. "Eliseo!" I heard Cesar plea. Eliseo started the car and backed out of the driveway and headed down the street and we disappeared from Cesar's sight.
The car ride to a nearby park was silent. When we parked in the lot it was already dark out. Eliseo turned off the car and sighed deeply. "I can't believe he did that to you, Ada. I'm so sorry." He apologized. "I didn't know anything about that, or else I would have called you up."
"Yo se. But what you didn't know was that he broke up with me at the hospital. So, I guess I shouldn't be mad at him since we ain't even together anymore." I frowned.
"Que? Porque?" Eliseo asked, shocked. I went into a long story from the night I went to Limon's to when Limon left the hospital after Cesar.
"But the fucked up thing is...I didn't even cry or get choked up when Cesar walked out." And the other fucked up thing is I didn't even cry when I told Eliseo the story.
"But that doesn't give him an excuse to act like this, Ada. You and I know that." Eliseo said, laying a hand over mine that was resting on my lap.
"Yeah, but he did anyway. So, I guess that's it." I frowned.
"No, it's not, Ada! This is still fixable! Yo lo se! I've heard Cesar talk about you non-stop when you guys were together! I know he love's you! Or else why the chase when we were leaving? Why put up a fight?" Eliseo was making sense. "He still loves you!"
"If I remember correctly, he was screaming for you. Not me." I said.
"C'mon, Ada. You know what I'm saying is true! He loves you!" Eliseo said.
"Well, he's got a funny way of showing it." I clicked my tongue.
"Look, when I get back home I'll go over and talk to him. See what's up with that kid. Okay?" Eliseo suggested.
"Yeah, sure." I said just to shut him up. I didn't want to hear anymore of this. I just wanted to forget about it. And I knew just where to go.

On my way to Limon's I dropped of Eliseo at Cesar's and took off. When I got to Limon's all the lights were off, but I saw his car in the driveway. I drove passed his house to a little midnight store to pick up a 12-pack and headed back to Limon's.
I parked in the driveway behind his car and limped my way to the door with a crutch in one hand and the 12-pack in the other. I rang the door bell and stood there for a good three minutes in the dark until Limon opened the door. "Ada? What are you doing here?" Limon rubbed his eyes.
"Surely, you weren't alseep already! It's barely gonna be 9:30!" I said.
"Come in." He stepped aside for me to step inside. He grabbed my elbow to keep me steady as I made my way to the couch. "I fell alseep watching CSI." He turned on the light.
"Oh. Well, I thought I'd drop by and we could hang out and watch some movies. Pig out and get drunk." I smiled putting the 12-pack on the coffee table in front of me.
"Aren't cripples not supposed to drink?" Limon laughed, opening the 12-pack, opening two bottles, one for me and one for him, and taking a seat next to me on the couch.
"Hey, I'm not like most cripples that stay home letting people do everything for them. That's lame. And the doc didn't give me any perscriptions or anything so." I shrugged. I took a big swig of my cold beer.
"Easy there, tiger. Don't get ahead of yourself." Limon laughed. I just looked at him with my mouth full of another big drink I took from the bottle. He just laughed some more. "Okay, so what do you want to watch?" Limon got up and went over to look at the DVDs next to the TV.
"I don't know. What do you have?" I asked, finishing my beer.
"All kinds." He chuckled. So I got up and went to look for myself.
"Oh! New Moon! I wanna watch this!" I put the DVD in and we both sat back down on the couch. "What? No popcorn?" I told Limon. He laughed and headed to the kitchen to make some kettle corn he knew was my favorite. When he came back, big bowl in hand, the movie was barely starting.
Halfway through the movie most of the popcorn and the 12-pack was finished. My head resting on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around me, we were really comfy. I had a sudden need when I started thinking about Cesar, and what he did. I looked up at Limon, who was totally engrossed in the movie. I needed to feel loved. It was like was having withdrawals from affection and love.
I saw his big brown eyes, soft pink lips, sharp cheek bones, shiny black hair, smooth tan skin. And without thinking twice about it I leaned up and pecked his lips. Limon jumped and stopped the movie. "What are you doing?" He asked in confusion. But I didn't say anything. He sighed taking his arm off me. "Ada...." He turned to me.
"Limon, I want to do this." I kissed him again. This time he kissed me back. The spark was there, but so was the buzz from the beer. Then, Limon lightly pushed me back.
"Ada, I can't. You can't. You're confused. You love Cesar, and he loves you." He explained. I huffed, crossed my arms and sat on the couch staring at the TV.
"If Cesar loved me he woudn't have slept with, Ava." I whispered.
"Oh, Ada." Limon put his hand on my shoulder.
"I need you, Limon." I said. He just nodded.
"But, I have feelings for you. I don't want you to use me." Limon said softly. "This isn't what you want. I will be your friend, but I will not be your play toy."
"No, I get it. I don't want to put you through that. You're my best friend." I started to cry. I wiped at my running nose and Limon wiped at my tears. "And friends don't do that to each other." I started breathing unsteadily. Limon kissed the top of my head and let my head rest on his shoulder as I cried. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close stroking my hair. And before I knew it I fell asleep in his warm embrace. Then woke up in his bed.
Sunlight. "Damn it!" I cursed.
"What!" Limon woke up.
"I can't be late for school!" I said as I tried to look for my shoes.
"School? It's spring break, mensa!" Limon groaned and threw a pillow over his head to get back to sleep.
"Spring break?" I tried to step over to the bed but slipped on my cast and hit the wood floors hard. "Damn!"
"Oh, shit!" Limon got up to help me sit on the edge of the bed.
"I need to go home. I need to shower and eat." Limon just nodded and helped me out the door.
On my way to the rental car in the driveway I saw Cesar's truck pull up. He got out and slammed the truck door shut. "What the fuck, Ada?" He came up to me.
"Look, just stay the hell away from me." I said.
"How yo gonna do me like this?" He asked, hurt.
"The last time I checked Ava was doing you." I stood there in the drive way on my crutches.
"C'mon, Ada." Cesar pleaded. "I'm sorry. I didn't even-"
"Well, sorry just isn't enough for me to forgive you this time!" I said looking at Cesar straight in the eyes.
"And you think I'm gonna forgive you for what you've done to me?" Cesar pointed to Limon, who was standing in the open doorway on his porch. I looked over to him.
"And what is it that I did to you, Cesar?" I asked.
"Sleeping with Limon!" Cesar shouted.
"For you information, I didn't do anything with him! He stopped me before anything happened. Because he wants us to be together. Because we love each other! And for me, I'm not even sure I love you anymore." And before I thought about what I said, it came out, "Te odio!"
"You hate me?" Cesar asked. I didn't say anything, but unlocked my car instead and got in. But before I could shut the door Cesar stopped me and asked me, "How come you never call me Elio anymore?" I stared down at my hands that were playing with my keys.
"Because you're not my shining sun anymore." I whispered.
I didn't want to see the hurt I caused him written all over his face. So I gave him a little push and closed my door, turned on the car and drove back to Santa Monica.
Sign up to rate and review this story