Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Married in the life of Ryden

Boom, Blast and Ruin

by Uriefury 0 reviews

No, there is no biffy. Yes, I'm working on it. Prequel to this story coming soon. Read this chapter yo. Cheers.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-04-10 - Updated: 2011-04-10 - 2271 words

1Exciting
"no Jon, I'm fine" I told Jon as he carried on pestering me. 
"well, I'm going out for a bit, I just want to make sure you'll be okay" Jon rubbed my back. Why is he treating me like a child?!
"Jon, for god sake, I'm fine! I'm a grown man! Just go, okay?" I almost shouted at him. I can take care of myself without Bren, despite what he thinks. Jon shrugged and left the house. Wow, it's too quiet. I sighed and sat down at the kitchen table, and looked at the state I'd left it in. I'm going to have to cover this up. I got up and delved through the kitchen cupboard until I found mums old table cloth. I haven't used this since she passed. I sighed once more and laid the cloth solemnly on the table, hiding the bloodstains. Still didn't make the table look any more cheery; in fact it just brought sad memories of my mum back. I sat back down again and put my head in my hands. I want Bren back. I wish I didn't. I heard a huge crashing noise and jumped up in shock. What the hell was that?! I walked over to the kitchen window and looked out at the street. A motorbike was practically shmushed into the pavement and a man was lying about 10 feet infront of his bike. Wait, that's Shannon! I ran outside frantically and sprinted to Shannon. Joe, Andy, Pete and Patrick were also jumping out and coming over to see what had happened. Joe kneeled down and turned him over so we could see if he was okay. The left side of his face was grazed badly, and his shoulder didn't look good, but he squinted his eyes and winced. 
"Shannon, are you okay?" I asked him softly, he looked a bit dazed as Joe and Pete helped him to sit up. He winced as his whole left arm fell limp. He'd definitely done something to his shoulder. 
"I don't feel good" he murmured, closing his eyes and groaning. 
"do you know where Megan is?" Patrick asked, his hand firmly on Shannon's right shoulder. 
"she's at work" Shannon said, turning his head around as if he didn't know who was talking. Andy was over by Shannon's bike, propping it up and taking a look at the damage. 
"were going to take you to the hospital, okay?" Joe spoke clearly. He was good with this kind of thing, his dad was a drunk who had a lot of accidents. He was just good with dealing with people. Shannon nodded and Joe helped him up, holding Shannon's arm to his side so it didn't hurt his shoulder. Joe carried Shannon to his car, which was a 7 seated Volkswagen, and sat him in the back where Pete and Patrick kept him still. Joe motioned for me sit in the front with him and Andy happily sat in one of the very back seats. When everyone was in Joe started driving. Another thing, even though he drunk a lot of the time, he was one of the best drivers I knew. Sure enough, Joe pulled a beer out of the glove compartment and took a hasty gulp. He was worried about Shannon. He pulled onto the motorway and put the beer in a cupholder. 
"so how are you coping Ryan?" Joe asked softly, looking over at me quickly and then returning his eyes to the road. 
"I'm alright, I'm happy" I responded. I wasn't, I just didn't want to talk about it. Especially with Shannon in his poor state. 
"that bullshit Ry" a voice came from behind me. It was Pete, he had leant forward to look me in the eye. "you still love Brendon, when is this all going to blow over? He rang me up just before the accident and he was real torn up, he couldn't even speak properly. He was trying to say something but I couldn't understand" Pete droned on and on but stopped when my eyes teared up. He sighed and stroked my face. He mouthed a sorry and then turned to see if Shannon was alright. 
"Pete, were getting divorced. Thats probably why he was torn up" I choked and stuttered through talking then broke down into tears. Pete moved forward and hugged me through the seat. 
"Ry, I'm sorry I upset you" he sighed and let go of the seat and me. I shook my head and murmured something along the lines of "no, don't worry" but even I didn't understand myself. 
"Ryan, we should talk about this later" Joe spoke, pulling into the hospital car park I'd literally only just left. Pete and Patrick were carrying Shannon between them, he was groaning a bit at his shoulder, but looked okay. Ugh, too much happening right now. I walked behind Pete, Patrick, Shannon and Andy with Joe. He was quiet but I could just tell he wanted to talk to me. 

Joe's POV:

What is happening!! Too much change! I don't cope well with change! I breathed out heavily and stopped my inverted panic, realising Shannon was checked in already. It was one hell of a walk to the the ward, especially with the awkward silence Ryan and I had going on. When we finally got to Shannon's allocated bed, I sat down - exhausted - in the chair furthest from Shannon's bedside and Ryan sat next to me. Wow, if I'm exhausted from that walk.. 
"I've dislocated and broke my shoulder?" Shannon asked nervously. I got up and moved over to Shannon; he was a strong man, but injuries were not his strong point. He looked scared already.
"it's going to be very painful putting you back together Shannon. We're going to get some morphine for you, then start working" a doctor was talking to Shannon, and he looked familiar. He smiled and waved at Ryan quickly before hurrying off. He must be that Dallon guy. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. Andy emerged from behind the curtain he had pulled over and slipped his mobile in his pocket. 
"I called Megan, she's on her way" Andy spoke cautiously and quietly, cringing away from Shannon's mangled arm. Oh yeah, Andy is squeamish. Shannon nodded and sighed in relief. If there was anything Shannon ever worried about, except from his broken shoulder, it was Megan. They were soulmates. I wasn't quite sure if I had anything reassuring to say to Shannon, and Pete, Andy and Patrick were keeping him busy, so I sat back down next to Ryan and confronted him.
"so when are you planning to get this divorce?" I asked. I didnt beat around the bush, I beat the bush. 
"a couple of weeks" he spoke quietly, looking down at his feet. He didn't seem happy with the decision. Time for me to poke my ass in his shit. It's what I do.
"Ryan, that's too close, that's not enough time" I spoke softly. He looked up with an emotionless face that kind of freaked me out and just sat there. 
"not enough time for what?" he asked blankly, still keeping that weird expressionless look plastered to his face.
"to talk you out of this. For you and Brendon to work things out" I stopped and watched as he broke into tears again. It was heartbreaking really; he pulled his knees up to his face and hid himself. 
"Bren...with Sarah...moved out...miss him...Joe..still love him..." is what I heard out of his incoherent mumbling into his knees. I helped him up and led him out of the curtained area, and took him to the toilets. I felt so bad for him, and I didn't want to disturb Shannon. We went into the disabled toilets so we were alone, I know it's bad, and i sat Ryan down. He was so pale and shaky, and had returned to a curled up ball when I took a wad of toilet paper and handed it to him. His eyes were really bloodshot too, and he looked so tired. 
"Ryan, how have you really been coping?" I asked him, putting a hand on his bony shoulder. He'd calmed down a bit and stopped crying.
"Joe, I can't sleep. I can't eat" he spoke while wiping his eyes and face. 
"Ryan, you can't afford to lose weight, you gotta get yourself together" i was scared for him. He'd been a very close friend ever since he'd moved here, I wasn't going to let him waste away. "why are you divorcing Brendon?" I asked, keeping my hand on Ryans shoulder firmly so he didn't fall off his seat. 
"because we can't get back together" he said simply, looking down at his bandaged arms and sighing a bit. I think he's all cried out. 
"Ryan, there's no way anything is going to keep you two apart. I remember when we were all 15, and how you got together. Ryan, you'll be back together soon" I told him. I believed what I said, not even a pregnant woman could keep Brendon away from Ryan. If he managed to get past a, to put it nicely, a drunken killer/rapist for Ryan, this was going to be easy for Brendon. Ryan smiled a bit and then sighed. 
"what if I don't want us to be back together?" he asked almost inaudibly. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows.
"Ryan, I don't know what's happened to you recently, but if that's how you really feel then you're just going to have to get on without Brendon" I told him simply. He nodded.
"that's what I plan on to do Joe" he responded quietly. I don't actually believe what Ryan is telling Me.
"Ryan, I've never seen you live a day without it being somewhat revolved around Brendon. He's your life" I didn't mean it to sound harsh, wait, I should be telling Ryan this. "I didn't quite mean it like that Ryan" 
"no Joe, I know what you're getting at, I see why you think that. But not anymore" he got up and threw the mass of wet tissue in the bin. I'd like to see how this works out; Ryan Ross without his Brendon. 

Ryans POV: 

I almost convinced myself then. I made my way shakily back to Shannon's bedside and watched a bit as they tried to push his shoulder back into his socket. I sat down, feeling faint, his arm was really quite disturbing. I don't think I convinced Joe, he knows me too well. I looked around and realised Megan had got here; she was over by his right side trying to comfort him. She looked worried, and Megan never looks worried. I sat back and groaned, melting into the chair I was sitting in. I couldn't live without brendon. There was just no way. 
"it doesn't look good Shannon. Were going to have to perform surgery to put your upper arm back together before relocating your shoulder" some new doctor said. I wish it was Dallon, he was really nice. The new doctor walked off and Megan sat down next to me. 
"how are you?" she asked shakily, her voice quiet and hoarse. I put my arm around her and she leant her head on my shoulder. 
"I'm fine Megan. You don't look so good though" I spoke softly, she looked weak. Shannon and Megan weren't weak people. 
"I'm worried" she whispered quickly so Shannon didn't hear. He was lying on his bed, gazing out of the window, looking away from us. I pulled her into a somewhat awkward hug before pulling away again. I wasn't used to hugging girls, or any other people. Just Brendon. I shook myself out of my thoughts and watched as Megan sighed and closed her eyes. She looked a bit like Brendon did earlier.. enough about brendon already! Next thing I knew, once I had really stopped idiotically daydreaming, random doctor came back with one of those IV drips and injected it into Shannon's right arm. That took a long time to get here. They were obviously taking him into surgery now, as Megan stood up without saying anything and followed shakily as they pushed Shannon's bed on it's way to the operating room. She looked like she was going to fall over. Andy, Pete, Patrick and Joe came to sit around me. 
"they said Shannon's arm didn't look so good" Joe spoke, running his hand through his wild hair. "Megan is so worried, I'm scared for her as well as Shannon" he stopped and pulled his mobile out of his pocket. 
"the doctor said we can't wait for him now, but we can visit tomorrow" Andy said, picking at an apple he'd somehow received from somewhere. I didn't really have anything to say, and Patrick and Pete were busy caught up in their own conversation, so I just simply nodded and followed them all out of the hospital; for the second time today. 


So I realise my authors notes are pretty bad. I don't write them often but I will. I'll probably edit this chapter wen I'm on the computer next, which cold be weeks. Dallon weekes. Don't mind me, I'm insane. I'll be uploading loads of crazy crap over the next couple of weeks seeing as I'm off school. Then I'll edit it afterwards lol. Hope you like the story, and I'm releasing the prequel soon too xD I like recess and talking to people on twitter. My name is @imharkmoppus. I know right, it's amazing ^_^ thankyou for reading :)
Sign up to rate and review this story