Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How Wrong We Were to Think We Knew Anything

Perfectly Terrible

by Anthrax_Angel 2 reviews

The perfect day ends in disaster

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-04-11 - Updated: 2011-04-11 - 1292 words

1Ambiance
Jen’s POV

I wake up terrified the next morning not knowing if Janet had upheld her side of our deal, though given the fact my father wasn’t currently beating me black and blue I guessed him to still be oblivious. After the fear faded I smiled realizing I would very soon be in Mikey’s arms, this thought gave me the strength to pull myself out of bed and get ready. I head downstairs and Janet’s in the kitchen “remember you’re grounded” she says over her coffee “I know I’ll come right home after school” I say grabbing an apple from the fridge and heading outside. The guys are already parked outside when I see them I run for the van “morning” I say leaning between the seats to kiss Mikey’s cheek a huge smile on my face. “You’re awfully perky” Gerard says as I strap in “turns out Janet isn’t the wicked witch of the west after all she’s covering for me, I’m grounded for two weeks but she won’t tell my dad.” “I’d call that a fair trade even though it means I’ll be without you for two weeks” Mikey pouts from the front as we pull into the parking lot. “Think of it as punishment for trying to leave me” I retort wrapping my arms around his waist as we exit the van.

We head in hand in hand and I physically can’t remove the smile from my face, I lean against my locker as he rummages through his. “How mad if Frank?” I ask knowing I have to sit next to him in math, “at you or me” Mikey counters “cause he’s pretty pissed with me, I think you and him should be cool.” I sigh leaning into Mikey “he shouldn’t be mad at you cause I chose you” “he’s not he’s pissed at me cause you chose me and I tried to piss it away cutting.” I half smile stopping before entering the classroom “you’ve stopped right” I say fear leaking into my voice “of course I would never do anything that would hurt you” he says leaning his forehead against mine I smile and inhale his scent. “I know” I say breaking the perfect moment as the bell rings and we head into class.

I head to the back and take my seat next to Frank “hey” I say casually “hey” he says animated as ever, I can’t help but smile. “We good” I ask “you didn’t do anything wrong I was the asshole with the big mouth and bruised ego I should be asking you if we’re good.” I smile “next time just try to control the bruised ego so it doesn’t come out of your big mouth” he laughs. “Look I know you don’t want to hear it but I truly am sorry for everything especially keeping you and Mikey apart I can see now much you mean to each other. And I know you are completely capable of choosing who you date and I’m fine with your choice and I will be as gratuitous as possible.” “Thank you Frank your friendship means a lot to me I’m glad we still have it” I say smiling “don’t be too mad at Mikey either.” “I will try” he says and I smile happy to know I still had my friend.


Mikey’s POV

I can’t help but watch Jen as we enter math and have to separate I’m sure Frankie isn’t mad at her and that’s what made me nervous. I was happy but I couldn’t shake the feelings of inadequacy I felt especially around Frankie. They talked and she smiled and it hurt cause her smile was so beautiful and I was just too far away to see what caused it. I sigh knowing I would soon have to be without her in my sights till lunch, but I took comfort in the fact that at least Gee would take care of her in art. All too soon the bell rings I pack up my stuff assuming she’ll just leave with Frankie like always, but when I look up she’s there. “Hey” I smile at her taking her hand “I wish we had something else before lunch” she complains and my smile widens. “Don’t worry it’ll be lunch before you know it” I kiss her forehead and send her into music.

The lead up to lunch is painful the worst part being I could not understand why I was so nervous. I sent her home last night knowing she might get the crap kick out of her and I was less worried. Guess the truth is I’m still scared she’ll find someone better, when the bell rings for lunch I head outside but stop dead at the doors a thin coat of snow covers everything. “Shit” I hear Ray mutter “yup” I say turning to face him and Bob “I hate the cafeteria” Bob says leaning against the wall. “Why are you all standing here” Jen says coming up to me and intertwining her fingers with mine “snow” I tell her tossing my head toward the window. “Boo” she pouts “shit it snowed didn’t it” Frankie says appearing “yup looks like we have no other choice” Gee says turning and heading toward the cafe. “Let me guess everyone stares and giggles behind our backs” Jen says her grip tightening on my hand. “Pretty much but you can take comfort in the fact that mostly they’re talking about us” I tell her trying to make her feel better, she smiles.

It’s not as painful as it normally is walking past all the people who hate us maybe because I had the perfect girl by my side. Of course the whispers start as soon as we enter and continue as we sit down at a table tucked in the corner “this is painful” Jen says and I wrap my arm around her waist. “Ignore them they aren’t worth the time” I tell her as she leans into me nodding “it’s going to get worse” she mutters. I don’t know how I knew what she was talking about but I did “no matter what you look like you’ll have us” “even when I’m huge” she says looking down at her stomach. “Even then” I say “no worries Jen we got your back no matter what” Gee says and all the guys agree.

The afternoon is over too soon and me and Jen are heading to the van “I wish you could come hang out” I say into the top of her head her face buried in my chest. “Me too” she says not moving I don’t want to pull away but I know I have to get her home. We walk out to the van in silence and I wish I knew what to say to make her feel better but like always I’m at a loss. “Hey we were thinking about catching a movie” Frankie says “love to but can’t grounded for skipping yesterday” Jen answers climbing into the van. “Your loss” Frankie shrugs turning back towards Ray. We pull up to Jen’s house and she climbs out leaning in through the window to kiss me goodbye much to the protest of everyone in the van. We pull away from the curb as a car passes us, looking in the rear-view I see the car pull into Jen’s driveway and watch her dad get out.
Sign up to rate and review this story