Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Can't Stop Now...

Let's Go To... THE MALL

by bethanyr 1 review

Tyler, Anna and Mikey go shopping.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-04-16 - Updated: 2011-04-16 - 2234 words

1Exciting
“Chicks get shot gun,” Tyler said, opening the front passenger door and gesturing for me to get in.

“Aw, thanks my boy,” I said, looking to see if Mikey was looking before giving Tyler a peck on the cheek and mussing his mohawk.

“Aw, shucks ma’am,” he responded in an overly fake southern accent. I laughed. Mikey looked up from his cell phone.

“Can we move please?” he whined.

“We’re going, we’re going,” Tyler responded, a little annoyed by Mikey’s childish whining.

The drive to the closest mall was fairly short and event free. When we got there, Mikey gently pulled me aside.

“I’ve got some shit to do that I don’t want people around for Princess. I’m going to leave you with Tyler, but you are NOT to tell Gerard or ANYONE. You got it? If you tell, I’ll make sure you regret it,” he whispered angrily at me.

“Okay. I think we’re just going to Hot Topic and a couple of movie places and maybe Target,” I responded, breathing a sigh of relief. I felt a little more at ease. At least Mikey wouldn’t be watching my every move.

“Text my cell if Gerard calls and I’ll meet you wherever you are. Stall him by telling him I ate something weird and that I’m in the bathroom,” he said. “Please. Don’t make me regret trusting you with this okay?”

“I won’t Mikey,” I promised as he walked off.

I felt Tyler’s hand reaching for mine. “Man, I didn’t think he’d leave. He seems a little protective of you,” he said pulling me towards Hot Topic.

“He’s a good guy,” I said, the words feeling foreign on my tongue.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

About an hour later my cell phone rang. I cringed and pulled it out of my pocket, looking at the screen to see who it was. It was Gerard.

“Hello?” I answered, hoping he had had a chance to cool off a little from the incident earlier.

“How’s the mall?” he asked sweetly. I couldn’t tell if he was being genuine or if he was trying to fool me into believing he wasn’t still extremely pissed.

“It’s good. Tyler found some sweet boots. You’d like them,” I responded, trying to play it safe.

“Can I talk to Mikey? I need to ask him something,” he asked. I panicked.

“Oh, Mikey’s in the bathroom. He wasn’t feeling good. He shouldn’t be too much longer,” I said, trying to cover my panic.

“Oh, well have him call me from your phone when he gets out, okay?” he said, not seeming to care that my guardian wasn’t in my immediate vicinity.

“I will.”

“Are you having fun?” he asked, seeming to stall.

“Yeah… Listen, Gerard, about earlier…” I started to say.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry. I freaked out over nothing,” he interrupted. I was shocked for a second.

“Can you and I talk about it when I get back?” I asked, hoping he would say yes.

“Of course we can, doll. Could you do me a favor?” he asked bashfully.

“Sure, what’s up?”

“When Mikey gets back could you tell him I need to talk to him? Like away from you and Tyler?” he asked, seeming a little nervous.

“Sure Gerard. Is everything okay?” I asked, concerned with the fact that he seemed desperate to talk to his brother.

“Yeah, just a little bummed. I’ll be okay. You have fun and I’ll see you when you guys get back okay?”

“Okay Gerard,” I said, a little relieved to be off the phone with him.

I hung up the phone and texted Mikey, “Gerard just called. He wants to talk to you from my phone. Outside Hot Topic. Told him you were feeling weird and in bathroom.”

I turned to Tyler. “We gotta wait for Mikey. He should be here in a minute,” I said, my phone making a small dinging noise.

“Will be there in 2 mins. What’d he want?” the text message said.

“Just to talk to you. From my phone. But away from me and Ty. Said he was bummed bout something,” I responded quickly.

Tyler and I just sat quietly while we waited on Mikey.

Two minutes later Mikey walked up and stopped in front of me.

“Can I borrow your cell phone? I need to call Gerard about something and my battery’s almost dead,” he said, holding out his hand. He winked. Of course. We couldn’t let Tyler onto anything.

“Why can’t you men keep your darn phones charged up?” I laughed.

As Mikey walked away from us Tyler leaned over and gave me a peck on the cheek.

“You know I’d do anything for you right?” he asked.

“Don’t be silly. What would make you ask something like that?” I responded a little nervously.

“I just want to make sure you know that. You’re an awesome girl and you deserve the best. I don’t know if you’re ‘with’ Gerard or Mikey or anyone, but sometimes I look at you and your eyes look sad and exhausted with life,” he responded, putting his head down.

I reached over and hugged him. “Thank you Tyler. Sometimes I AM tired of life, but I miss home and friends. I lost a lot when I came to work for these guys,” I responded. “Some days I just wish I could go back in time and give my parents a bigger hug and hang out with my friends for a little longer. But I love what I do. I‘m happy with my job.”

“That sucks. You haven’t gotten to go visit your family?” he asked.

“No. We’ve been busy with touring and the guys are working on their new material. I don’t want to come across as not wanting to do my job. I don’t want to leave them without someone to do my job,” I responded, trying to be honest while still covering what happens daily.

“I can see that. You‘re sweet.”

Just then Mikey walked back up to us. “Gerard wanted me to give you the credit card. He said to buy yourself a new outfit. Including some new boots. Can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure,” I said hopping off the perch Tyler and I had been sitting on and following Mikey a little ways away from where we had been.

“Gerard doesn’t seem too pissed. He wanted you to buy those boots you liked and some new jeans and a hoodie or something. He said to spend what you wanted. I’d try to stay under $200 though, just to be safe. After what happened today you don’t want to piss him off even more,” he explained handing me the credit card with Gerard’s name on it.

“Okay. Thank you Mikey,” I responded. “You want to come with us?”

“You don’t really want me with you. You and Tyler have fun,” he said hugging me lightly. “How are your arms?”

I pulled back. “They hurt, but I’ll live. Frank cleaned them up really good.”

“Okay. Oh, and here’s your phone,” he said handing it back to me as we got back to where Tyler was sitting looking bored. “Meet you guys back here in an hour?”

“Sure Mikey. Go get yourself some coffee,” I smiled. I was getting spoiled today.

“See you guys later.”

Tyler looked at me and grinned ear to ear. “Shopping for you? I’m in!”

“Hot Topic, we’re coming again!” I laughed, snaking my arm through Tyler’s arm.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A while later my phone buzzed with a text message.

“You guys coming or not? I’ve been waiting for 20 mins.” the text from Mikey read.

“Ah shit. Tyler! It’s been an hour,” I said, trying to pull Tyler’s attention away from the women’s underwear.

“But they’re so pretty. You sure you don’t need any?” he grinned, holding up a pair of black see-through panties with neon hearts on them.

“I’m sure. I don’t like that weird kind of shit. I prefer simple,” I said, shaking my head in confusion.

We paid for my purchases with the credit card I’d been given and headed out the doors to meet Mikey. He was sitting in the same spot we had been earlier, swinging his legs back and forth.

“What’d you get?” he asked, jumping down to greet us.

“You’ll see when we get back!” I said, holding my bags out of his reach.

“Awwww. Let’s go then!” he said, rushing ahead of us. Tyler and I looked at each other, as if we were parents and Mikey was a kid.

We piled ourselves and our purchases back into Tyler’s car. Me in front with my bags at my feet. Mikey was in the back seat messing with a new electronic toy.

We got back to the bus. I breathed as deep as I could, trying to calm myself for what might possibly happen inside.

“What’s wrong?” Tyler asked me, seeming concerned.

“Nothing. Just tired,” I responded.

“You need a nap. Shopping takes a lot out of a person,” he replied, trying to take my bags from me.

I walked inside. Gerard was lounging on the couch with a cigarette in one hand and a coffee in the other. He looked up.

“Hey guys. Hey doll,” he said, with a sparkle in his eye.

“Can we see what she got now? Please?” Mikey whined as soon as his feet were firmly planted in the bus.

“Sure Mikey,” Gerard responded. “Let’s see what you got.”

I sat on the floor in front of the chair Tyler was sitting in and pulled my bags closer to me. I pulled out a pair of baggy black pants with dark pink plaid trim and chains and straps hanging off the back. Next came the black hoodie with neon orange, yellow, pink, blue and purple stars on it. Then I held up a purple tank top to go with it and then came the boots. They were black Doc Marten boots, with pink plaid lining and straps placed around them. I loved them the moment I saw them. They looked like they had been worn in and they had a very definite rocker vibe to them. I would be able to wear them with skinny, flare or baggy pants.

The guys seemed to like my purchases. Gerard seemed to definitely approve.

“I like what you got,” he said as he followed me back to my ‘bunk’ area. I folded everything up and set them on the shelf where I kept my stuff.

“Thanks.”

“How much did you spend? I need to write it down in the book,” he asked.

“The boots were $80, the pants were $60 and the shirts together were $30 so total was about $180 with tax. I have the receipt,” I responded, turning to face him.

“Nice. Listen, I want to talk to you for a minute about earlier…” he said hesitating.

“Okay.”

“I’m really sorry about flipping shit on you. I know you weren’t feeling the greatest and I was wrong. Can you forgive me?” he asked, looking genuinely hopeful.

“Of course I can,” I responded, reaching for him.

“You can sleep on your bunk tonight. In pajamas,” he said, grabbing my hands and bringing me close to him.

“That would be nice. Can I call my parents tonight?” I asked hoping he was feeling especially generous.

“Oh. Of course!” he said, hugging me gingerly. “I suppose we should get back out there. You want some coffee? Or chocolate milk?”

“Do we have the good chocolate milk?” I asked, laughing to myself at the fact that I was being picky about what kind of chocolate milk I drank.

“The really chocolate-y organic stuff? And the organic white milk?” Gerard asked, looking at me sideways.

“Yeah.” I bit my lip.

“You know it,” he said laughing at me.

I smiled and hugged his side. He gripped me a little tighter. “I’ll look at those cuts later okay?” he whispered. “I want to make sure they don’t get infected or anything.”

“Frankie did a pretty good job,” I said, raising my shirt a little bit to show him the bandage on my stomach. He winced. I shoved it back down, hoping he wouldn’t get mad at me for making it visible, even if only to him.

“I’m sorry about that babe,” he said, filling a tall glass with the half and half mixture of chocolate milk and white milk I loved so much.

I smiled. At least things were okay for the time being. I could deal with that. I wasn’t being made to hide out in my bunk like usual when people were around.

Author’s note: This was 5 pages in Microsoft Works. I think I made up for my slacking last night. I just didn’t want to stop. :D I hope you guys like it! ~beth
Sign up to rate and review this story