Categories > Original > Romance > divided

A Fall from Grace (edited)

by quietliar 1 review

The light takes her away but she finds hrslef wishing it hadn't.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2011-04-23 - Updated: 2011-05-12 - 326 words

1Insightful
I feel the same strange drifting that I did before. But its different. Before it felt as though I was moving up. Now its like I'm being pulled sideways. Its the oddest thing ever. But what I see when the light goes makes me wish I had never left those ghost things. I'm in space. Open empty space. Its terrifying. I look round and see that it isn't empty. There is an out-of-place cottage. That must be where Cleo and Ezekial live.

Another turn shows me my home. The only place I have ever been. I move toward it but something pulls me away. But I fight against it. I want to go home. I never realized how much I truly loved it till I couldn't go back. The harder I tried though, the more resistance I met. I turn to see what's pulling on me and I just can't believe it.

Behind me is the place I have always dreamed to see. The time when air was good and people loved each other. When there was no Emperor. No war. Peace. The myth I long wanted. Craved for. I want it but I want my home more. More than I can put into words. But the world of my dreams calls to me. Pulls me. I have to go. But I really don't want to. I lied when I said I had nothing to live for any more. I still have Mycriel and Amalia who love and need me.

I know its worthless to fight the pull. I try to anyway. Eventually I give in. Then its like I'm falling. Off a cliff. Off the world. And I'm scared. But its more powerful than I can fight. I'm nearly even with the cottage when I break through what feels like a veil of water. I love the feeling. Its nice. As I break through the surface I see something I never thought I'd see again.

Sign up to rate and review this story