Categories > Original > Drama > Mastas Of Ravenkroft

A days event

by Skulletones 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-04-27 - Updated: 2011-04-27 - 974 words

0Unrated
Guinevere Beau Pre
I had completely failed the 4000 meter run and was lining up in the High Jump's second round. I could feel something was wrong. I looked around. Everything seemed right in the light of the moon. Maybe I was just nervous with so many people watching the high jump? I was running up to the jump when I heard the screams and yells. I tripped and fell to the ground, as everyone laughed at me I got up and looked over to the direction the screams were coming from. The front feild. Javelin. Others were starting to look over there too. My eyes widened as I saw Luna running over there first by herself almost tripping. Anne. I ran as fast as I could my Vampire speed kicking in. "No! Don't touch her! You'll die too!" One of the teachers yelled at Luna. Luna was less than a meter away from Anne, she looked up shocked and stumbled back. I was almost there. Then I heard them. The flapping of a thousand wings. The Black Ravens were here. The offical death of a student was signaled when all these birds came, and took away our dear friends. I had heard of it, but never seen it. It hadn't happened in over ten years. Anne looked back at Luna. Her expression read that she was sorry and it was Good Bye, the look was pointed to Luna. I got to Luna had hugged held her from behind. And I felt it. Anne was sending all the feelings she had for everyone to everyone. It was hard to just stand there and not run to try and save her and my grip on Luna was slipping. As the Ravens came around her and began to lift her from the ground Luna shook and broke from my grasp. She shaped into a full werewolf and lunged into the cloud of the Ravens. "LUNA!" I screamed my hand outstretched towards the Black Cloud of Ravens. Ravens flew away and departed back into the shadows of the night. Now Luna was gone too. My legs buckled and I fell to the ground. They were both gone. Anne had died and Luna had just jumped into the world of the dead, I now wished I had gone too. I lay there on the ground for what seemed hours.
"Guinevere?" Penny came up to me, she put her small hand on my shoulder.
"Go away." I sobbed rapping my arms around my legs hugging them close to me.
"I think it's time you get up and carry on." Penny tried. "It's been an hour. Like Mama says, 'never mourn for too long before it hurts you.'" Penny quoted. I turned and looked at her.
"But I wasn't brought up by your family. This is how we get through things at home. Just like when Randon was taken." Penny looked sad at the mention of my brother who was stolen from us two years ago. It tore my family apart. Mum went almost crazy and Dad decided he didn't love anymore and the only thing he did when he got home was get in the car and drive around until the car broke down and would walk home, Mum went up to his cousins and would drink until Dad picked her up which was usally at ten at night, that left me at home crying for my broken family. The police never looked for him.
"He's gone and your not seeing him again. We can't do anything about it." Is what the Policeman had said and walked out of the house. We all went through a depression. It started with Mum, then Dad couldn't handle Mum and joined her. I then had to handle both of my parents and couldn't live in the same house as them. I moved out of the room I had to share with my Brother when he was living with us and moved into the sleep out. I'd come into the house in the mornings to find Mum passed out from the previous night with a wine bottle and Dad on the floor with a blanket in his room that had been destroyed. Times were hard but things are starting to pick up again and Mum and Dad can live life again because all their pain and sadness has been taken out. But mine is still slowly leaving me, and now Anne has died and Luna has gone. I didn't know what to do.
"She's over here." Penny was walking towards me. Had she gone? Who was with her now?
"Guinevere?" I remembered Michael's voice, he came over to me. "Come on everythings going to be okay." He said pulling me up and holding my shoulders. I kept my eyes to the ground. "Look at me." He said. I kept my eyes down. "Look at me." he tried again. "Look at me." He said this time his voice getting hard. I raised my head but avoided eye contact. "Guinevere. Look at me." his grip tightened on my shoulders.
"Ow." I whispered looking into his eyes. "What are they doing?" I asked him. "What do you want?"
"They aren't allowed to do anything. The Raven's will let her family know and we are to carry on with today." I burst out into tears. "Shh." Michael shushed me and held me as I cried into his chest. "Everythings going to be alright." Michael soothed. "I know, it hurts. But things will get better."
Penny grabbed my hand. I looked down at her and stopped hugging Michael. She smiled up at me and hugged me. She was so small. Smaller than usual. But she gave me a feeling that I was safe. I missed her.


But the dumb thing is, that the night had only just begun.
Sign up to rate and review this story