Categories > Original > Drama > Mastas Of Ravenkroft

Memories Of The Past

by Skulletones 0 reviews

Randon's side of the Story and his Story.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-06 - Updated: 2011-05-06 - 1342 words

0Unrated
Randon Woolsey
I remember it very clearly. The day I was taken. I dream of it almost every night after all. Sometimes I think it is a dream and wake up cry for Mum. Mum. I miss her. I miss Dad. I miss our dog, I miss the cat. I miss my sister Guinevere. I swear, I didn't mean for it to happen. I just wanted to get a better look at the Honey Bear at the Zoo. I didn't run off. No. I was jumping up and down and a man behind me said he knew a better way of seeing the bears. He said there was a ladder I could climb. I climbed it and found myself locked up in a box. I screamed and shouted for someone, anyone, my Mummy and Daddy. For help. But. No one came. No one came for me. No one heard me. After what seemed liked hours of panic and tears I was finally worn out and I blacked out. I woke up underground on a bed surrounded by boys my age and . . . Argharna. He was there when I woke up. His house wasn't far from mine. I thought maybe I was at his house, but the roof was made of dirt and rock. Where was I? "Argharna!" I shot up to him. "Whats going on? Where am I? Where's Mum and Dad?" I asked him. He shook me off his arm and ordered the others to make their beds and have breakfast.
"Randon, come with me." He said leading me up a ladder and through a trap door in the roof into another room. "Randon, I need you to listen to me and understand what I am saying. Okay?" He asked sitting me down on a the couch in the middle of the room facing a small T.V. "You are very different from the rest of you family, you are. What they are not." He was having trouble explaining. Trying to put it nicely that I was never going to see any of my family again, and if I did I was not to go to them.
"What are they? What am I?" I started crying scared that my family were sick with some illness that would separate us forever.
"Human. Randon, you are no Human, no, you are more." Argharna said bring his fist up his voice had gone mighty and he looked out into space with the look of power. "You are one of us. A Werewolf. It sounds stupid but it what you are. And we had to take you away from them before you started to change so you wouldn't hurt them." His voice turned serious and he paced back and forth.
"They don't know?"
"No."
"They know I'm here though?"
"No."
"Where do they think I am?" I started to panic.
"I don't know."
"I couldn't say Good-bye?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because, look no more stupid questions." He ordered. I sat there for awhile crying, taking it all in.
"Why weren't you taken away from your family? I know you live down the road from my house. Is that where we are?"
"No it's not and that is because my family know about this world we belong to. And you, you and all the other people who live here a special. You have the birthmark. You are what we need to make this clan great again. While you are here you will train and learn to hunt. When you are old enough you'll be allowed to go to Mastas Of Ravenkroft High. There, there will be more Werewolves, there will also be Vampires, Faires, Meremaids and men, Pixie's, Shifters, sometimes fallen Angels and on a very rare basis ghost. In that school you'll learn everything you need to know to survive."
"What, what if I don't survive? What if the training isn't good enough?" I asked scared. "Why do I need to be in this? What will I do when I leave that school?" I could feel myself shaking.
"It's rare that, that happens. And there's only one way you'll know if the Training fails." He stopped and looked at me. Eye's hard. "You'll die in battle. Defending our Clan. The Woolsey Clan."
Since then I'd been training my but off. Doing my best never to fail so I wouldn't die in battle. And hopefully to lead my own Pack. That way no one would boss me around and tell me what to do. So I could give my family one last visit. Argharna explained that this training would activate the Inhuman Speed and Strength. Not to mention give you a great body, in other words girls will think your super sexy. And since the Inhuman stuff would be kicking in we'd each get our own 'Gift'. It would be rare that two of us would have the same and if we did one of the two wouldn't make it.

"Randon!" Romolus yelled and threw his pillow at me. "Wake up!" I could hear his twin brother Reule in the backround already giggling. I groaned and turned over taking the pillow with me. I didn't want to get up yet.
"Oii. Randon, someone's here to see you." Seere said shaking my bed.
"Fine." I said opening my eyes and rolling around, I looked at Seere he was beakoning for someone to come. Then I saw her. I had been told I'd never see my her again. All my happiness bubbled up inside me. I saw a small smile cross her face. She couldn't believe it either that we were here, together. "Guinevere!" I yelled and jumped up on her in a hug.
"Yes Randon." She hugged me back choking on tears.
"I missed you." I said.
"I missed you too. Home hasn't been the same. It's not really a home. Things are only starting to get back to normal. I had to move out into the Garage. Dad goes for long drives to think things through on how he's going to live the next day and Mum comes home then leaves straight away to go drinking and comes home drunk. I couldn't stay inside anymore. But Mum and Dad are starting to share a room together and Mum's cooking again." She was crushed.
"I'm so sorry you had to go through that Guin. I didn't mean for this to happen. I promise. I just wanted to see the Bears better." Now I was the one trying not to cry. I could hear Seere telling everyone to go have breakfast.
"I know, I know." Guinevere soothed me. "I know all about the young Werewolves who are taken from their families for the Woolsey clan. But I never guessed you were one."
"How do you know?" I asked surprised. "Are you one too?"
"No, no." She laughed. "I'm a Vampire. And I learn it all at Mastas Of Ravenkroft."
"I'm going there next year!" I said happy. I was able to see her everyday next year.
We spent the rest of the day sitting down and talking about anything and everything. Mainly Old times with our cousins and when we were little and how Guinevere used to always beat me in the fights and looking back on when our cousin Ardolf was babysitting us he'd always scare us. One time he trapped Guinevere in the Attic and chased me around the house with a fake knife. When he finally let Guinevere out he cornered her and let her in that the knife was fake and pretended to kill her. It was scary then but now looking back it was quite fun. We lost track of time and before we knew it, it was bed time again. I was sad that she had to go but she said that she can hopefully come back and see me. Which, I was holding her to. Plus she said if she ever saw me again she'd give me a photo of Mum and Dad. I needed that. Seere, I owe you. Big Time.
Sign up to rate and review this story