Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give Me a Reason to Believe.

“I’ve been waiting for the day I could hold you in my arms again.”

by OhSoIntricateLie 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-06 - Updated: 2011-05-07 - 799 words - Complete

2Ambiance
A/N: To my readers: Guys I am so very sorry for not updating. I've had the best of intentions, but the events of my freshman year in college had other plans for me! I just want yall to know, I was not intentionally forgetting to update, life has just been hectic! But I am off for the summer so I will def. be able to update! I love all of yall so much, thanks for holding on!
xoxo,
Dani

The next day, Gerard had a few phone calls to make before he could even think of facing his wife and daughter again. The band would be on tour three more weeks before Gerard could make his way back to New Jersey. He couldn’t think of it as going home since, well, he didn’t really have one. There wasn’t much of a home to be had when Paisley and Helena were in Hoboken and he still lived the basement bedroom at his parents house.

He dialed a number and waiting patiently as it rung.

“Hey ma, its me.”

“Gerard? I don’t want to lecture you on your life—“

“Then don’t. Please.” The tone of his voice caught Donna short. “Listen, I’m straightening myself up. For real this time. And I need your help. You know that blue house two streets over, the one with the fenced in yard?”

Donna raised her eyebrow, “Yes.”

“Is it still for sale?”

“Yes.”

“I want to buy it.”

The tone of Donna’s voice bordered on incredulous. “You want to buy it?” She repeated.

“Yes. I need to do this for my family, ma. If I can get this house, maybe I can prove to Paisley that I am trying to provide for her and Helena. I need to provide some sort of stability in all of our lives, especially Helena.”

Donna wiped away a tear that threatened to roll down her cheek.

“Gerard. I’m proud of you. I will drive by there now and write down the number.”

“Thanks ma. I can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am.”
×××
Almost two months passed before Gerard found himself standing on Scarlet’s front porch.

Before he was able to knock, Scarlet flung the door open.

“You son of a bitch. Your tour ended two months ago. Paisley has just about worried herself sick since your last phone call. And Helena. That little girl has been waiting by the phone, waiting for her daddy to call her. I bet you’ve been drunk out of your mind, that’s why you haven’t called. Why don’t you smell like whiskey?” Scarlet eyed him suspiciously.

Gerard grinned at the irate African American woman/

“Scarlet, I’m clean. I’ve been seeing a therapist. I’m sober.”

“Mmhmm, I’ll believe that when I see it. What do you want?”

“To see my wife and daughter.”

Scarlet sighed, “Come on in. The neighbors would start talking if you stay on my porch.”
×××
Scarlet led Gerard down to the room that Paisley was staying in and opened the door. Scarlet left before Gerard could thank her. Shaking her hostility off, he peered around the door frame to see Paisley curled up on the bed, facing the wall.

“Paise?”

Paisley shifted, “Gerard?”

He walked around the bed and squatted down until he was level with her.

“Hey ba—”

Gerard found himself flat on his back after Paisley smacked him.

“You asshole!”

Gerard regained himself and grabbed Paisley’s wrists, in case she tried to attack him again.

“I understand you’re mad—”

“Mad doesn’t even sum up how I feel, Gerard. I don’t think there is a word for how I feel.”

Gerard nodded, “Hate.”

Paisley softened slightly, “Gerard, I could never hate you.”

“I’m going to come right out with it Paisley. I’m clean. I’m completely sober. I have been for two months. I’ve been trying to make myself presentable for you. To show you that I’m not the person I was for the past year. “

Paisley eyed her husband before she leaned forward to smell him. “You don’t smell like alcohol.”

He smiled at her, “I’m serious honey, and I’m clean. No more booze.”

“That’s what you’ve been trying to accomplish in the past two months?”

“Yes. That and a surprise I’ve been putting together since the last few weeks of the tour.”

“A surprise? You know I don’t like surprises,” Paisley frowned.

Gerard smiled and took her hand, “I know. But you’re going to love this one.” He pulled her to him and embraced her.

“I’ve been waiting for the day I could hold you in my arms again.”
Sign up to rate and review this story