Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thanks For The Memories.

ch9.Stay with me.

by secretive 0 reviews

Gerard get's an unexpected phone call...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-05-08 - Updated: 2011-06-01 - 1132 words - Complete

1Exciting
(Gerard's POV)
I picked up the phone.
"Hello..." i mumbled.
"Hello sir, this is the police," replied the voice from the other end of the phone. SHIT! Why were the police calling me?
"W..what's the problem?" i asked nervously.
"Do you know a Mr Peter Wentz?" They asked me. I thought... Peter wentz? Oh My God, PETE!
"Y..yes!" i stuttered, "Why? what's happened?".
"Well, we found this phone number in his pocket." they told me "This was the only contact we could find on him."
"I'll be there in a second!" i blurted out. I slammed the phone down. 'Oh my god,' i thought. 'What's happened to Pete?'. I shot up, my heart-beat rapidly speeding up. I raced across the hallway to my room, violently pulling on a pair of jeans, an old shirt and a pair of black boots. The whole time, thinking of what could've possibly happened to Pete.
When i was clothed, i sprinted over to the front door. "Gee," i heard from behind me, "Where are you going?" It was Mikey.
"I'll explain later Mikey!" i shouted to him as i made my way swiftly out of the front door and ran to my car. I threw myself into the drivers seat and jammed the keys in the ignition and turned them. The engine roared as i sped off down the road as fast as i could.
I raced along the roads towards the police station, wondering what had happened to Pete. Why was he in the police station? Was he hurt? I couldn't shake the images of Pete being hurt from my mind. I tried to concentrate on the road. My palms were sweating, i was so scared. It was a good thing i'd given him my number or he'd have had nobody to come and save him. I didn't know it was possible to be this worried about somebody that i hardly even knew!
In about five minutes time, i pulled up abbruptly infront of the station. I almost dived out of my car door and ran over to the automatic, glass double doors of the police station. They moved apart agonisingly slowly to let me through. I barged my way into the room, there was a young looking, blonde receptionist sat the the front desk, filing her nails, not looking at all bothered that i'd just walked into the room. "Hello..." i said. She looked up at me.
"Can i help you,sir?" she asked blankly.
"Where's Pete!?" i blurted out,
"Pete?" she asked, "Peter Wentz." I nodded anxiously. My heart beating faster at the mention of his name. It felt as though it was about to burst through my rib-cage. "He's just in the next room." She told me, pointing to another pair of double doors.
"Thanks," i said, trying my hardest to just walk and not sprint into the next room.
I slid through the second pair of double doors, slyly fixing my hair in a small, reflecting window before i could see Pete. I shuffled along the narrow, blankly coloured corridor. It was cramped and made me feel claustrophobic. It seemed as though i was walking through the inside of a smarties tube. When i finally got to the end of the corridor, i turned the corner, and there he was. "Pete!" i shouted, unbelieveably over-enthusiastically. He looked up at me. His lip was obviuosly bust and he was holding a blue ice pack up to the side of his head. I gasped.
"Gerard...?" he mumbled. I immediatley perched myself on the small, blue chair next to him. His usually spikey black hair was flat and limp, his tie was blood stained.
"Oh, god Pete are you okay!?" i asked.
"Yeah.. i just... i can't believe you actually came to get me." He told me, looking up at me with his perfect, glistening brown eyes.
"Of course i did!" i blurted out. Pete smiled, immediatley wincing as pain shot through his bust lip. I placed my hand on his lap, immediatley regretting the decision, but Pete didn't move. He didn't even seem to notice.
"Well, thankyou.." he grinned, trying not to smile and hurt his lip again. "I just... i thought maybe you wouldn't come.. you know.. since you don't know me very well and all..."
"Oh," i frowned. I wanted to scream out 'Of course i came to get you, i've been thinking about you non-stop for ages. I think about you every night before i go to sleep. I don't know what it is, you've got some sort of spell over me! But obviously, i couldn't say that.
"Well anyway, thankyou so much Gerard, you're so amazing!" he grinned again. Me!? amazing!. Pete Wentz just called me amazing. I'm sure i just skipped a heartbeat!
I tried my best to fight the smile that was spreading slowly across my face. "It's j-just," i stammered, "i didn't want you to be left here all alone, i wanted to see if you were okay."
"I'm, i'm okay i guess." he said blankly, still holding the ice pack up to his head. He clearly was not okay!
"What's going on now then?" i asked, "Do you want me ti drive you home or...".
"Uhhh... I'm not sure..." he admitted. "I mean... i'm allowed to go, but i'm not sure where to go. I live with my friend Patrick, and he's not home. Well... he wouldn't answer his house phone.. i think he's gone to visit his family... and i don't have a key on me..."
"Stay with me..." i interupted. Oh crap! I hope he doesn't think i'm weird for offering that. I mean, like he said, we hardly knew eachother.
Pete widened his eyes, he looked so cute, even when he was beaten up. "Really, dude?" he asked me. I nodded. "Thankyou so much!" he exclaimed. He threw his arms around me greatfully. I melted into a hug, he was so perfect.
"Are you absolutley sure i can stay?" he asked me.
"Yeah, i'm sure..." i told him, "you can stay as long as you want, but on one condition." I tried my best to keep a straight face. Pete's expression suddenly turned nervous, he looked scared. I had to force myself not to kiss him right there and then, he looked so fucking adorbale.
"W-what condition?" he stammered.
"Tell me what happened..." i said. He looked down at his knees, seeming ashamed.
"You'll think i'm so stupid." he mumbled.
"Please Pete," i said, lifting his face up so his gaze met mine. "I need to know." He gazed into my eyes, although it felt as if he were gazing straight into my soul.
"Okay..." he whispered, "But, don't hate me okay?".
"I promise." i smiled at him.
Sign up to rate and review this story