Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life's a Bitch....So Are You

I'm So Tired of Bein' Alone

by mandy9207 2 reviews

4 chapters left

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-05-08 - Updated: 2011-05-08 - 1498 words

0Unrated
She left her family. She couldn’t go back to school because Thanksgiving weekend wasn’t over. She couldn’t go to Nick’s house, he was still in Georgia. She had nowhere to go.

“Gabey?” She said as she sniffed her nose sitting out in the cold outside of her brother’s apartment building.

“Mandy? Honey what’s wrong?”

“Can I come over?”

“Of course what happened?” He said with worry.

“I’ll tell you when I get there.” She said before she hung up.

It was the middle of the night and Mandy hailed a cab to Gabe’s apartment. He stood up waiting for her with hot cocoa.

“You okay baby doll?” He said as he rubbed her shoulder.

Mandy nodded. “Just having some trouble with my father so I left on Thanksgiving…sorry I woke you.”

“It’s fine. Finish your cocoa and let’s hit the hay. We’ll talk in the morning.” He said yawning afterwards.

She changed into his pajamas and Gabe returned to bed with Mandy holding her in his arms. The last person who held her like that was Patrick. Thinking of him made her want to cry but she didn’t want to make Gabe more worried than he was.

The next morning Mandy was curled up into a ball next to Gabe who was smiling down at her as he rubbed the back of her head. She opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“Thank you.” She said groggily.

“For what?”

“For letting me stay with you.”

“It’s no big deal you dumbass.” He said as he chuckled.

Mandy smiled and then sighed.

“So do you want to explain?”

“Not really but I guess I have to.”

Mandy told Gabe everything. She tried her best not to cry while telling him but her best wasn’t enough.

“So you broke up with him because your dad told you to??”

“It’s not like that! I had no choice!”

Gabe nodded. “Did he really propose?”

Mandy nodded as she held back more tears. “Gabe can I tell you something which I haven’t even told to myself yet.”

“Of course.” He said as he took her hand.

“When I look back at what happened…I’m kind of relieved.”

Gabe’s expression changed. “What the fuck did you do with Mandy?? You loved him, why would you say that?!” Gabe said as he raised his voice.

“I told you he wanted to get married and have kids and start a life. I got scared, I didn’t want to admit it to myself but I was! I miss him more than anything and I still love him but I just can’t get married.”

“I thought you’d be happy about that.”

“So did I! But everyone is right, I’m scared of change and commitment. I fear it like death.”

“So you never want to get married?” Gabe said with confused tone is his voice.

“I do! Just not now I can’t not at 19.”

“You’re gonna be 20 next month.”

“God dammit, my birthday.” She said as she covered her face with her hand.

Gabe laughed to himself. “You forgot your own birthday?”

“Apparently.”

Mandy stood with Gabe her whole Thanksgiving holiday. She enjoyed it. Once she went to back to college she started seeing Gabe and the rest of Cobra Starship more often. It was less lonely. She made sure not to get affiliated with Gabe again. She didn’t want to really. She didn’t want to be in a relationship at that time. It was pathetic really. Mandy couldn’t imagine being in a well-functioning healthy relationship again and the relationship she and Patrick had wasn’t even that.

“Where’ve you been going all the time?” Paige asked

“Around.”

“No shit but where??”

“I’ve been hanging out with Gabe.”

“By hanging out do you mean sexing?” She said as she smiled.

“No.” She said as she shook her head and laughed.

“Why nooot?” She whined.

“I don’t want to.” She said simply.

“That’s not a good enough reason.”

“Don’t care.”

Paige shook her head. “I’m buying you a vibrator for your birthday.”

“I’ll murder you.”

“But you’ll thank me first right?” She said as she held back a laugh.

Her birthday rolled around eventually she got together with Cobra and brought Paige with her at Angels and Kings her brother stopped by before her cake and left afterwards for a late business meeting. She had fun it was a good 20th birthday but it didn’t feel right without her best friends being there they called her but it still wasn’t the same.

A few days after her birthday she stared at herself in the mirror.

“I need to get over him and move on with my life.” She whispered.

She did her best to do so. She did everything but get a boyfriend or even a date for that matter. Eventually she became comfortable being alone. Sleeping alone, eating alone it was a custom for her. Normal. ‘If I bring someone into my life now my routine will be out of whack.’ She thought to herself finishing up her Christmas shopping.

She stopped in the middle of Macy’s realizing Christmas was coming near and she had no idea what she was going to do. She refused to go back home and deal with that man. She couldn’t go see Pete and Sarah for the holidays. She could’ve gone to Brandon’s family or Kevin’s but Brandon was in Philadelphia visiting his grandparents and Kevin’s was in Georgia as well. ‘Gabe! I completely forgot!’ She thought as she gave out a sigh of relief and went on with her day.

Mandy made her way over to Mr. Saporta’s apartment to see what his plans were, once she told him her idea his expression completely changed.

“What’s wrong?” She asked with a confused tone.

“Mandy, baby…I’m going home to Uruguay for Christmas. I usually leave around the middle of the month but I stood for your birthday…I’m leaving tomorrow.” He said with guilt in his voice.

“Oh.” She said trying to hide the disappointment in her voice.

“You can come with me if you want?” He said as he threw on a smile. “My family would love you!”

She shook her head. “Nah, I hate airplanes. Besides I think I’ll just spend it with my brother anyway.” She lied, Nick was going back to Georgia.

“Oh cool! I feel better now knowing that you’re not all alone.” He said as he hugged her.

Mandy went back to her dorm crying, it was so cold her tears turned to ice. Soon as she got back she flopped on to her bed and sighed.

“Why the sour puss toots?” Paige said as she threw her book on the other side of the room.

“I’m gonna be alone on Christmas.”

Paige frowned. “You still have problems with the fam?”

She nodded. “I asked Gabe if I could stay with him but he’s going to Uruguay.”

Paige shook her head. “Damn, I’m sorry babe if there was something I could do I totally would.”

Mandy sighed as she laid her head down.

It was Christmas eve and she sat alone in her brother’s apartment watching Christmas Story the 5th time in a row.

“Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf.” She mumbled to herself sighing afterwards.

Mandy pulled her phone out and called the first person who popped into her head. Even though he was probably busy celebrating Christmas with his family like every other person.

Surprisingly he picked up on the 2nd ring.

“Tink?” Pete said as his lips curved into a smile.

“Merry Christmas Peter Pan.” She said as she smiled as well and her eyes watered.

“Merry Christmas. Have you been a good girl this year?” Pete said as he chuckled.

“Too good.” She said as she laughed.

“I wish you could’ve come down here for Christmas. It’s just us my parents went to go visit my sister and her husband.”

“Who’s just us?”

“Me Sarah, Andy, Lissa, Joe, Brooke,….Patrick.”

“That’s why I didn’t come.” She said flatly.

“So what are your holiday plans?”

“Nothing.” She said as tears ran down her face.

“What do you mean?”

“I didn’t want to see my father so I’m spending Christmas by myself.”

Pete’s heart sank down to his stomach. “We’re coming there.” He said quickly.

“No you’re not Pete stay home for Christmas.” She said as she sighed and rubbed her head. ‘Why the fuck did I tell him?’

“No me and Sarah are coming there. I will not allow loneliness on Christmas.”

We are nearing the end my friends. Anyways give love and thanks to your mommy today =)
Sign up to rate and review this story