Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life's a Bitch....So Are You

I Know You Got a Soul Even Though You're Heartless

by mandy9207 2 reviews

3 chapters left

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-05-25 - Updated: 2011-05-26 - 1258 words

1Moving
“So…wait explain this to me again?” Patrick said to Pete over the phone.

“Mandy’s alone for Christmas, I’m going there.”

“Why is she alone for Christmas, not that I care or anything.”

Pete rolled his eyes. “I’m not sure I didn’t get into detail but I’m sure that I’m going and we’re going to have the best Christmas ever.”

“Why can’t you just stay home for the holidays like every normal person on the earth??” Patrick asked with some attitude.

“Aw, you’re jealous.” Pete said as he laughed.

“I am not! I could care less! She has Gabe to spend Christmas with, you don’t have to go out of your way for her!”

“First of all yes I do, Mandy is like my sister and she needs me, second of all Gabe is in Uruguay for the holidays and Victoria Ryland Alex and Nate went to their families for Christmas since mines is not home I’m going to my sister from another mister.”

“What about me?!”

“You’re my brother from another mother BUT you are not all alone. You don’t need me.”

Patrick rolled his eyes. “Whatever Pete, have fun with the girl that ripped my heart out and took a shit on it. I hope you get her something nice for Christmas.” He said harshly before hanging up.

Pete stared at the phone as if it was Patrick he was holding. Giving it a look of disappointment.

“Is PMS PMS-ing again?” Sarah said as she brought her their suit cases in the living room.

Pete nodded. “He’s jealous, it’s adorable.”

Sarah laughed. “Come on let’s go check in on our boo.”

Mandy sat there in her brother’s decorated apartment wearing a smile as she put Sarah and Pete’s presents underneath the tree along with Joe Brooke William Caro Andy and Lissa’s.

Pete took a deep breath before knocking on the door and smiled as he rose his hand and lightly knocked.

Mandy’s face lit up with excitement as she opened the door. “You’re here!!” She screamed as she hugged the both of them.

“Merry Christmas Tink.” Pete said as he hugged back.

“I can’t thank you guys enough for coming!” Mandy said happily as her eyes filled with water. She didn’t mean to cry but she couldn’t help it. Two of her best friends went out of their way for her. Just so she wasn’t alone for Christmas. It was the most amazing thing someone had ever done for her.

“Stop crying it’s Christmas!” Sarah shouted as she hugged Mandy even tighter.

“I’m sorry I’m really happy you guys are here.”

“We know.” Pete and Sarah said as they smiled and laughed.

Mandy Pete and Sarah got to work on their Christmas eve dinner luckily Mandy already bought food for Christmas and Christmas eve so she didn’t have to have Christmas dinner in a Chinese restaurant.

It was one of the best Christmas’ she’d ever had. There wasn’t that many presents or that many people but it was great. She didn’t really need anyone else just two of the many people she knew cared for her.

“I love you guys.” Mandy said with her arms around their necks.

“We love you more Mandy lou who!” Sarah said cheerfully.

“Do you guys have to leave?”

“I wish we didn’t. Why don’t you come back with us?” Pete said as he sighed.

“Two reasons, school and Patrick’s stomach turns when he sees me or hears my name.”

“I wish I could say that’s not true but yeah homeboy does got it out for you.”

“Pete!” Sarah said as she hit his arm. “That’s not nice!”

“It’s no big deal.” Mandy said as she laughed. “I wish I could tell him everything but not only would I be lying to him…I’d be lying to myself too.”

“What do you mean?” Sarah asked with worry.

“I think that I used my father to my advantage. I took his reason and covered mine with it. I was scared, I wanted to leave but I didn’t want to tell Patrick that, I didn’t want to tell myself that.”

“Do you still love him?” Pete asked with hope.

“I never stopped. I cracked under pressure instead of just telling him how I feel.”

“Good to know you finally realized this babe.” Sarah said as she patted her head.

“Why don’t you talk to him?”

“I can’t Pete he hates me plus I’m scared to tell him the truth. All of it.”

“Bu-“

“Listen, I’d hate to cut your tiny thread of hope that Patrick and I will get back together but it’s not gonna happen. I want it to but it doesn’t work like that he’s gonna have to want it too Pete.”

“How do you know that he doesn’t?”

“I just do.”

“Did you even try???” Pete said trying not to raise his voice.

“Yes I did he said why should I come back to you when you’re the one who dumped me!” She said harshly.

“I’m sorry it’s just the both of you are my best friends and your miserable without eachother!”

“I highly doubt he’s miserable.”

“You’re a negative little bitch you know that right?”

Mandy laughed and nodded.

Pete and Sarah decided to stay with Mandy for a couple more days and tried to convince her to come to Chicago for New Year’s Eve.

“No. I can’t guys Patrick’s gonna be there and shit’s gonna happen I just can’t.”

“How do you know shit’s gonna happen??” Pete asked with annoyance.

“I’m going to end up and drunk and I always do stupid things when I’m drunk the both of you should know that.”

“She’s right.” Sarah said as she looked at Pete.

“Did I ask if she was right or not??”

“Don’t worry about guys I have plans already.”

“LIES!” Pete yelled.

“Fine! Why don’t you stay till New Year’s then??”

Pete calmed down a bit and sighed. “Patrick’s been freaking out since the second I told him we’re coming if he hears that I’m staying here longer he’ll freak out.”

“And he won’t if I come?”

“Smart ass.” Pete huffed.

“It’s okay Peter Pan. Go home and have fun on New Year’s Eve. I’ll find something to do.” She said as she gave him an assuring smile.

The next day Pete and Sarah went back home. Mandy was once again alone but she didn’t care really, Nick said he was coming back home on New Year’s Day so she was fine.


New Year’s Eve rolled around quickly for her within those past couple of days. She sat in the apartment with Chinese food and watching Dick Clark. Once midnight rang in she popped open herself a bottle of champagne and gave herself a toast. After finishing half of the bottle she crawled into bed and decided to give herself a resolution.

‘I’m not gonna be miserable anymore. I don’t wanna date but that doesn’t mean I have to be depressed! I need a career to fall in love with; I need to get my fucking life started.”
Sign up to rate and review this story