Categories > TV > Criminal Minds > Failure and Success

Chapter 3

by Nuada 0 reviews

Reid talk to Gideon about his problem.

Category: Criminal Minds - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-05-10 - Updated: 2011-05-10 - 692 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next morning Gideon got in the office, unsurprised to find Reid there. Ever since they had gotten him back, that had been his norm. As soon as Jason settled into his office; he heard a knock on the door. He didn't know why Spencer even bothered to knock; at that ungodly hour they were the only team members there. "Come in." Reid stood awkwardly in the doorway. Jason never realized just how thin he had gotten. On the other hand he wasn't surprised. He knew that if it weren't for the rest of the team; the doctor would probably attempt to live off of coffee. "Reid?"

Sir. C-can we talk?"

He jammed his hands into his pockets. Gideon knew that this was a sign that he was nervous. Gideon smiled, "Of course we can." Gideon had known that it would only be a matter of time before someone either figured out why Spencer was acting the way that he was or Spencer, on his own, would come and talk. "So?"

Spencer sat in the chair across from the desk. He knew that since Derek was the one that suggested that he talk to Jason, that if he had asked Derek to go with him he would have. The way Spencer saw it, he'd gotten himself in the mess, and he would get himself out or go alone if he had to ask for help.

"Are-are you familiar with the drug Delaudid?"

"Wasn't that the one that Tobias Hankel was addicted to?"

Spencer nodded. "When I was kidnapped by him, Delaudid was what one personality gave me for the pain inflicted by the other. From what I understand Delaudid is highly addictive. No," he rubbed his index finger between his eyes, "I know that it is highly addictive."

Jason nodded. "Okay. Are you still taking the drug?"

Spencer sighed. He slowly rolled up his shirt sleeve and extended his arm. Gideon glanced at the marks on Reid's arm. He wasn't all that surprised. They all knew the hell that he'd been through. It wasn't that anyone blamed him for dealing with the physical and mental torture that he'd been forced to endure, the way that he did.

Gideon could see the unshed tears shining in his eyes. Spencer bit his bottom lip to stop it from quivering. The last thing that he wanted to do was to cry in front of Gideon but he was falling to pieces faster than what he could pull together. Jason could see that he was afraid. What exactly he was afraid of was debatable.

Reid pulled his arm back and put both hands, folded in his lap. "I don't want to, but I can't stop." He was breaking again and he hated that. "I can't get his voice out of my head. I can't get certain things out of my head. Help me. Please." He couldn't stop it anymore. The tears began to fall, Reid took a deep breath to try and calm himself down but that didn't work.

Gideon got up from his desk and walked over to Spencer's chair. He pitied the fact that he looked terrified; as far as he was concerned Spencer had no reason to be afraid. As soon as Gideon was standing by his chair, Reid stood up.

Grab a shovel

I ought to bury you alive, give you time to think about what you've done.

Gideon didn't like the fact that his eyes glazed. "Reid?" He didn't think that it was a psychotic break but he knew that it wasn't healthy.

Reid looked up, almost surprised to see Jason practically standing over him.

"Okay, there's a group therapy meeting on Tuesdays, you can start there. I won't tell anyone about what you've been doing."

Reid nodded; he didn't trust himself to speak just then. He wiped the tears that had escaped his eyes with the back of his hand. "Thank you." That was barely audible. Gideon nodded, he didn't know if Reid had actually spoken but it seemed like the appropriate thing to do. He was just glad that Spencer would finally be getting the help that he needed.
Sign up to rate and review this story