Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Helena

Bob and Ray

by adrenaline_bomb 1 review

Just read this chapter, you know you wanna, no slash or sex though... poor you :D

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-14 - Updated: 2011-05-14 - 1759 words

0Unrated
“Hey Bob.” I greeted our drummer as he walked into the kitchen of the Way’s household, biting his lip and nibbling the silver ring of metal that pierced the flesh.

“Hey, um, can I talk to you?” He asked, sitting down at the table opposite me and looking upset, something I don’t think I’ve ever seen in Bob.

“Sure, what’s on your mind?” I asked, taking another sip as Bob sighed and buried his head in his calloused hands.

“Me and Ray had a big fight.” He whispered and I frowned, couples fight all the time. I wouldn’t have thought someone like Bob would get all worked up over it.

“Okay…?” I left off and he groaned.

“I mean big.” He told me.

“What happened, you can tell me.” I said, rubbing his shoulder from across the table as he lifted his head to look at me.

“Ray cut.” He whispered.

“What?!” I asked, horrified and he nodded, a few tears sliding from his piercing blue eyes- the clearest blue I’ve ever seen.

“He cut Frank, he damn cut.” He muttered.

“Why did you fight? What made him do it?” I asked, worried about my best friend.

“We fought because he promised me that he wouldn’t do it and he’s been doing it for months and I haven’t even noticed.” He whimpered, biting his lip and looking at me with scared eyes. “He did it because he thought I was cheating on him.” He said, almost inaudible.

I gulped. “Were you?” I asked, my own voice shaking slightly as if I was scared the answer would bite me. It might, actually.

“No, no of course not. You know I said that I had a sister?” He asked and I nodded, remembering him saying something about it.

“I’ve been trying to find her and then one day I got a text from her and we started talking, Ray was using my phone and flicking through the messages but only half way through, so he found the ones with kisses and the end and ‘I love you’ and ‘So glad we found each other finally’ but not the ones where we were discussing our parents and why we were separated at birth. I tried explaining but he didn’t believe me.” He confided, tears flowing freely down his face as his eyes turned a tinge of red, making him look like he was wearing my favourite eyeliner.

“You just have to talk to him about it and make sure he understands, he’ll come round I promise you that.” I said, biting my lip ring.

“It was our first fight, I’m so scared Frank.” Bob said and I got up and slid into the seat next to him, letting him cry into my shoulder.

“Really?” I asked, the two had been together since high school and never fought? But they have to get through this, don’t they? It can’t just be puppy love, not after all these years. Bob nodded sadly, tears dampening the shoulder of my shirt.

“You really should be with him right now, in case he cuts again.” I said, having dealt with Gerard and Mikey before in similar states.

“He told me to get out and I didn’t want to make him any madder, I’m such an awful boyfriend Frankie.” He cried. Even I was scared for the two, I really have never seen Bob in such a state; I didn’t even think it was possible.

“You’re not Bob, really you’re not. Do you want me to go and talk to him for you?” I asked and Bob sniffled, nodding as he pulled back, wiping his eyes on his hoodie sleeve.

“Make yourself a bacon buttie and I’ll be back soon, I promise. Can I have your phone, so I can show him the texts?” I asked and he nodded, handing me the black Samsung.

“Okay, thanks Frank.” Bob said and I ruffled his hear before grabbing my car keys and jogging out the door and jumping into the car, cursing as it didn’t start the first time and I had to slam my fist on the dashboard and shout at the car to get it to start and then it finally did.
The drive to Ray’s flat was fairly nerve wrecking as I wondered what sort of an emotional and physical wreck I’d find.

“Ray?” I asked as I opened the door to his apartment, using the key I had been given (we all have keys to each other’s cars and houses, it just makes life easier), there was no answer, only a strangled sob that seemed to come from the bedroom. I walked down the hall, sure to keep my footsteps soft as to not alarm Ray, the sobbing grew louder as I reached the door that wasn’t closed properly and I pushed it open, holding my breath.

“Ray?” I whispered and his head snapped up towards me, he was curled up in a ball on the bed, wearing one of Bob’s favourite T-shirts as the blood seeped from the crimson gashes on his wrist and dampened the black silk sheets of the huge bed in the middle of the electric blue room along with the tears that were pouring from his eyes and dripping off his face.

“F-Frank?” He stuttered, his voice thick and hoarse from crying as his eyes looked swollen- even his hair looked sad, it was all droopy and flat.

“Hey, man, are you okay?” I asked, crossing to the bed and sitting next to him, crossing my legs so I was sitting Indian style and pulling the blade from his grasp, throwing it in the trash can the other side of the room. Ray shook his head in reply and I held my arms out to him, allowing the heart broken wreck of Ray Toro to curl up in my arms and cry.

“I heard about the fight between you and Bob, he’s really cut up about it, you know.” I told him, rocking him back and forth, stroking my hands through his curly hair comfortingly, speaking as softly as I could.

“No he’s not, he cheated Frankie.” He cried, burying his face in my shirt.

“No, Ray, that was his twin sister, Ashley. Did he never tell you about her?” I asked and Ray shook his head, “They were separated at birth, they’ve been trying to find each other for years now and then they finally did after Ash managed to get his phone number from their Dad.” I said, and Ray shook his head, sniffling up at me though it was near impossible to not notice the glimmer of hope in his deep brown tear reddened eyes.

“Prove it.” He whispered, voice shaking as I pulled out the phone and put ‘Dad’ into the inbox search, allowing him to read the messages.

Bob, if you receive a message of a girl named Ashley, she’s your twin sister, I knew I’d never be able to keep you apart forever. Dad. Xx

Yes, Bob, that’s the right number, 07966021366

I know, I’m sorry for trying to keep you two apart but she needed her mother and you know we split up with no contact after you two were born.

I then searched for Ashley and scrolled down to the first messages.

Hey Bob, wow, I can’t believe I managed to find Dad and get him to give me your number, I know you’ve been looking for me as hard as I was looking for you. This is your twin sister, Ashley.

There was a photo attached to the message so I opened it- it was literally the female version of Bob, same skin tone, hair colour and side fringe, eyes and muscular/skinny build.

“Oh God, I’m so stupid.” Ray gasped, eyeing the photo.

“No your not Ray, you didn’t know, you just put two and two together.” I said, taking the phone back off him and sliding it into my pocket.

“Yeah and got thirteen.” He said, face-palming and wincing at the pain that shot through his wrist as he did so.

“Why thirteen?” I asked and Ray sniffled, blushing slightly.

“Bob’s lucky number.” He said, smiling slightly as his eyes clouded slightly with a memory that had just sprung in his mind.
“Why is that?” I asked softly.

“We met on Friday the thirteenth.” He smiled sheepishly though he frowned again.

“What’s up?” I asked, running my hands up and down his back gently.

“Do you think what we had was…puppy love?” He asked, his sharp teeth clamping over his plump lips.

“No, you two wouldn’t have managed to slog it out all these years if it was. Also, Ray, it’s what you have, not what you had. It’s not over.” I told him and he looked up at me, his eyes that always reminded me of a big cute floppy eared puppy filled with hope.

“Really?” He asked and I nodded softly.

“Of course, Bob’s really beating himself up about this fight and about not telling you about his sister, he thinks that it’s all his fault.” I said and Ray shook his head.

“Why wouldn’t he tell me?” He asked and I sighed.

“Bob only knew Ashley’s name and that she was his twin sister separated at birth, I found out by accident and he told me not to tell anyone because he wanted to try and find her. He was just scared that he wouldn’t be able to, he thought the less people he told, the easier it would be to forget about her if she wasn’t out there or the person who claimed to be his sister was some sort of a hoax.” I explained and he nodded, sniffling and wiping his eyes.

“Will you take me back to him?” Ray asked and I nodded, even though it was a pretty long drive from Ray’s apartment which he only used for business and when we were doing new recordings so he and Bob were closer to home than in Chicago.

“Sure, we better get you bandaged up first though.” I said, smiling as he smiled back, standing up and showing me to the kitchen.








Please rate and review :D it would make my day
Jackie
xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story