Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saviour of the Broken

Chapter thirtyseven-Jump and Touch the Sky

by xxKilljoysxx 12 reviews

"Mr Iero I assure you, I never lie and I don't like pretending."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-05-23 - Updated: 2011-05-24 - 1976 words - Complete

5Ambiance
MIKEY'S P.O.V

I knew Gerard better than to run after him. But it was so hard to restrain myself to not. He was angry, and i know what he's like when he's angry.

I sat back down, my whole body trembling as I tried to keep calm. Mr Iero kept his narrowed eyes firmly onto me but i ignored him. I want him to leave. He can go to hell for all i care.

I focused on the tiled floor and let thoughts riot inside my head.
My father was the one who did this to Frank. Anger boiled inside me. I wanted him dead. No wonder Gee's so shaken. Mrs Iero still seemed to be in shock due to Gerard's outburst, Mr Iero just seemed to want someone to blame, therefore was starring me down, trying to make me feel smaller than I already do. He's always been an awful man. Even his own son hates him.

I lay my head in my open palms and closed my eyes tight.
"Mikey?" I looked up and saw my mother walking quickly towards me.
"Mom." I stood up.
"What's going on? Where's Gerard?"
"Mom, Frank's-"
"Ms Way." Mr Iero stood up and walked to my side.
I felt my whole body tense, even Mom noticed. She took a nervous look at me and then frowned at Mr Iero.
"Have you any idea what your husband has been doing?" He asked, his voice cutting the air like a blade.
Mom's jaw locked, she narrowed her eyes at Mr Iero. I watched her nervously.
"I have no husband." She said through gritted teeth.
"Your husband," He continued, ignoring Mom "Has been out on the town with your son Gerard beating my son."
Mom's eyes widened.
"No, that isn't true Mom. Gerard had nothing to do with it."
"Quiet. Ms Way would you try to control at least one of your boys."
"Mom." I stood infront of Mr Iero, blocking him from my mom's stern face, I know that look in her eye all too well, i don't want to make a scene.
"Mom," I said again, she looked into my eyes.
"What happened Mikey?"
"Gerard left to go talk to Frank and then he called me telling me that he found Frank in a alley and that he was hurt. He says that Dad did it to him."
Mom swallowed, "Where is Frank?"
"They're not letting us see him yet-"
Just then a doctor came into the waiting room.
"You must be the Mrs Iero." She said to Mrs Iero who was sitting alone on the waiting chairs. Mr Iero spun around and approached the doctor. "Where is Gerard?"
"Sir, please keep your voice down. I'm here to tell you that you can see Frank now. He is in room 274. Do you need help finding your way?"
"N-No, Thank you." croaked Mrs Iero. The pair started walking out of the waiting room. I turned to face Mom, she was watching them leave.
"Mom?"
She ignored me and started following the Ieros out of the waiting room. I hurried to catch up.

GERARD'S P.O.V

My knees couldn't support me enough to stand back up. Instead I stayed on the floor by his side clutching his freezing hand.
He didn't even look like himself. He had needles jabbed into him everywhere and tubes coming out. He looked so weak, the sheets that covered him seemed to be crushing him. His skin was ghostly pale and bruised all over, he had the most bandagers wrapped around his chest though...
The place where the basterd cut him.
And I let him go.
He caused this much pain to Frankie and I let him go.
Now I know that I have strength. I will be strong enough for next time. That asshole will get what he deserves.

The room was silent, only beeping from the heart moniter was breaking the stillness, each beep was pure harmony to me. It told me that Frankie was still here to save me. It told me not to give up hope. He is here. He is alive.

"Excuse me, Sir?"
I turned around, a young looking nurse stood at the door way of Frank's room.
"What?" I asked, not meaning to sound rude but wanting to be alone with Frank.
"Are you family? Because only family are aloud to see this patient at the time being."
"Doctor Andrews made an exception."
"Oh, that's fine then, but I need to know your relation to this patient."
I looked at Frank and then back to the woman standing at the door with a clipboard in hand.
"He's my boyfriend."
"Oh, Very well." She hesitated before leaving.
I shook my head and turned back to Frankie. His chest rising and falling giving me all the comfort in the world.

MIKEY'S P.O.V

I had to jog a little to keep up with Mom, she was storming after the Ieros, a frown still imprinted on her pretty face.
"Mom, slow down."
She ignored me, passbyers gave her dirty looks, she ignored them too.
She rounded a corner and stopped. I stopped next to her and saw the Ieros had been stopped by a young nurse standing a few feet away from room 274.
"Are you here to see the patient in this room?" She guestured to the doorframe behind her.
"Yes." Mrs Iero said blankly.
"We can't have the room too crowded, he isn't awake yet and we don't want to startle him." She said eyeing the four of us." May I ask how you are related to Frank Iero?"
"We are his parents." Siad Mr Iero.
The nurse looked over to Mom and I.
"He's my best friend and this is my Mom."
"I'm sorry, friends cannot visit at this moment. Mr and Mrs Iero you may go in, Frank's boyfriend is already inside and we can't have much more than three people in."
I froze. Did the nurse just say...
"What did you say?" Mrs Iero ask, completely awe-strucked.
"We can't hold more than three people at this point-"
"No." Said Mr Iero, wide-eyed.
"I mean-" A beeping came from the womans belt and she read the message. "I'm sorry I have to leave. Friends can visit Frank in a few days." She said to Mom and I and left.
Mr and Mrs Iero glanced at each other and Mom starred at me.
I remained frozen.
Mr Iero turned to look at me, I could see white hot fire in his dark green eyes before he turned to walk into the room.
Mrs Iero remained rooted to the spot, much like me.
"Mikey?" Mom kept her stare at me.
Mrs Iero turned to face the two of us, her face unreadable and then turned to march into the room.
"Mikey." Mom said again, she didn't know what to say.
I walked into the room.
"Mikey we can't go in yet." I heard Mom say from behind me.
I didn't care.

Gerard stood next to Frank's bed, Frank was covered in bruises and bandages but that wasn't the scariest thing. The look on Mr Iero's face told me that he had discovered something that no one ever wanted him to. Mrs Iero sat on an uncomfortable looking sofa chair and was starring at Frank, dumbfounded. Mr Iero didn't lower his eyes from Gerard's. Gerard looked confused as to what was going on.

"You." Mr Iero said grimly to Gerard.
Gee frowned at him.
"What?"
"Tell me, why did the nurse tell us that Frank was already with his 'boyfriend' in his room." He spat the word.
"Thought it would be funny to lie did you? Thought that you cared more about Frank to come looking for him first and then pretend that the two of you were fags so that they would let you see him?!" Mr Iero had gone red, the small amount of hair he had left falling on his face messily.
Gerard gave a small calm smile and looked into Mr Iero's eyes.
"Mr Iero I assure you, I never lie and I don't like pretending."
I bit my lip, everyone around the room had there jaws wide open, even Mom.
A flicker of light sparked across Gerard's bright eyes and he smirked at everyone's expressions.
He met my eyes. I could see under that cheeky look he was begging for help. I gave his an encouraging nod and smile.
Mrs Iero started to blab, making half words and opening and shutting her mouth.
Gee looked at the Ieros and rolled his eyes.
They didn't seem to understand.
"Let me spell it out for you." He said, looking at Mr Iero again and speaking like he was talking to a two year old. "Frank. Is. Gay."
Mr and Mrs Iero didn't move, neither did Gerard. I could tell he was loving this.
"What did you do to my son?" Whispered Mrs Iero suddenly, standing up from her seat and looking at Gerard.
Gerard flicked his eyes from Mr Iero to Mrs Iero.
"Oh,I didn't do anything, nothing at all. You do know that he's sixteen right? He's had a few ten years of being able to make his own decisions."
I was holding back laughter now, Mr and Mrs Iero didn't want to believe it.
I looked at Mom, she hadn't made one noise since we walked in.
She was watching Gerard, a slight smile playing on her lips, her eyes bright.
And I could tell what she was thinking.

She was proud of him.
So was I.

He didn't lose eyecontact with Mrs Way who had her eyes narrowed on his. He kept his expression calm and bright, enjoying every second.
Mrs Iero took a look down at Frank lying stiffly on the bed and then turned back to her husband.
They shared a glance. "All a bunch of lunitics, they've even gotten to our son, don't believe one word of it Linda." He said. "Lets go, we'll come back tomorrow." He gripped Mrs Iero's shoulder and lead her out of the door, not with out taking one last look at Gerard.
Lets just say if looks could kill, but Gerard stood his ground.
When Mr Iero left Gerard sighed.
"Fuckwit" he whispered and sunk into a sofa chair that sat besides Frank's bed. He rested his head in his open palms.
I walked over to him.
"Frank'l be fine, Gee."
"They said only time will tel if he wakes up though." he looked up.
"Yeah, but it can't get much worse can it? He's in teh hospital and has medication and all, it'll work out in the end." I crouched down infront of him and out my hand on his shoulder.
He smiled at me and then looked over at Mom. She stayed rooted to the same spot, but she kept her eyes on the two of us, she was crying.
"Mom?" I stood up, so did Gee.
She walked over to the two of us, running her hand over Frank's bed before crushing us into a tight embrace.
The three of us clung onto each other, tears prickled behind my eyes. When we pulled apart I saw that Gerard was crying.
Mom cupped his cheek and caught his tear. She was a lot shorter than both me and Gerard but she could give us the comfort that we both needed.
And god knows we need as much as we can get.

Sorry that this one took so long, I hope you like it(: the laptop wouldn't turn on so I had to steal my sisters one xD All well, she only goes on facebook, I'm sure she won't mind, I'm at home sick anyway, she'll never know ;3. Hehe sneaky, I know ;D. Please Rate and review! Love you all xx
Sign up to rate and review this story