Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saviour of the Broken

Chapter thirtyeight-When There's No Such Thing as Heroes

by xxKilljoysxx 4 reviews

"I don't know whether to get my hopes up that he's still alive or not. He's on the edge, Mikey. We can't do anything."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-05-28 - Updated: 2011-05-29 - 1072 words - Complete

3Exciting
FRANK'S P.O.V

I hear voices.
They break through this deafining silence.
But still, there is nothing more than darkness.

I'd never given much thought on what would happen after you die.
I just assumed it was heaven, where everything is great, so great that no person on earth could ever imagin. That's just the way I've always thought. But now that death has come to me sooner than I thought, it's not at all like what I was expecting.
Silence.
Darkness.
Nothing.

GERARD'S P.O.V

I can't explain myself at all.
All I want, all I need is for Frank to open his eyes. Let me know that he'll be here.

Mom let Mikey stay. She let him have a day off school so that he could stay with Frank. There isn't much point of him going to school anyway, it's not like he'll pay attention, he barely does anyway.

I stay still in my sofa chair,Mom left a few hours ago. It's dawn. The sun is just skimming the brightening sky.
Frank's still lying stiffly by my side, I havn't left him once. I couldn't if I wanted to.

It's silent.

"He'll be okay, Gee." said Mikey, barely covincing himself.
I look up at him, he's sitting on the ground opposite Frank's bed with his head resting on the wall behind him. I let out a quick breath and cross my legs on the chair.

I look around the room, everything is still. It's like im in some kind of sick nightmare and I don't know how to get out of it. Nothing is right anymore.

My mind's unweaving as I get carried away with depression. I hurts. Everything.
Seeing Frank like this; it's killing me.

It's too late to fight.

MIKEY'S P.O.V

Gerard and I sat in silence, neither of us had anything more to say. But our silence seemed to speak a thousand words.
My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me jump and wake from my trance.
I flipped it open and read the txt from Bob.
'Hey, where are you?'
I closed my phone, I'm not in the mood for txting. I'm not really in the mood for anything.
It's like I can't feel anymore. Like i'm numb. Nothing left inside me.

I don't know what to do, I'm always in the dark.
It was so long ago when there was light in my life, now I'm only falling apart.
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince myself to just believe this is real.

I will stay here for as long as I can. I'll be here because he's all that I've got.


TWO DAYS LATER

Nothing, still nothing. I've barely moved from this floor. I havn't had much use of being anywhere else, the two people that I need are right here in this room.
It's getting too late, I know Mom won't let me miss more school, no matter how I try to convince her that all I'll do is mindlessly sit there and be distracted by Frank..

It's Sunday night and Gerard hasn't taken his eyes off Frank for about three hours now. I watch Gerard watch Frank, his eyes gleaming as he watched someone so important to him fade away.

I sigh, "Gee?"
He doesn't respond.
"Gee, you should sleep."
"I'm not tired." he frowned, his voice raspy.
"You havn't slept in days.."
He stayed silent, the moonlight casting over his ashened face.
"Gerard, everything will be okay in the end."
"How do you know that?" He said sharply, quickly turning his head to face me for the first time.
I closed my mouth, "I've got a feeling. This isn't the end, Gee."
"But what if it is? What will happen then?" His lip quivered.
"What if he never wakes up.." He whispered, turning back to Frank.
"Don't talk like that!" I stood up. "You're not making this any easier."
"It's never been easy!" He stood up too. "When has any of this been easy, Mikey?"
I flicked my eyes from Gerard to Frank then back again.
"You can't be so negative Gee, not at a time like this."
"I'm being realistic."
"How do you know that he isn't going to wake up?"
"It's not looking too good, Mikey."
"The doctor said-"
"The doctor said time will tell, which isn't much help. I don't know whether to get my hopes up that he's still alive or not. He's on the edge, Mikey. We can't do anything."
I bit my lip and watched as his first tear fall.

GERARD'S P.O.V

I watched Mikey, and he watched back.
"Boys?"
We both turned to see our Mom standing at the door.
"Mikey, it's time to go."
He wants to protest, but there isn't worth it. We can't fight anymore. We'll let it go.
I look back to Mikey. He looks down at his coverse and looks back to me.
I locked my jaw, not breaking eye-contact.

Mikey walks towards me until i feel his shakey breath. He pulls me into an embrace.
"It's not the end," He whispers into my ear.
I hug him back, "I don't want you to leave, I don't want to be alone."
"Frank's here." He pulled back and smiled.
"Love you Mikes."
"Love you too." He turned and walked to Mom.
"You sure you want to stay here, Gerard?" She asks. "The school is expecting you."
"I don't want him to wake up alone."
Mikey smiles at me.
Mom nods, "You can't miss a lot more school, Gerard."
I nodded and they left.

I looked down on Frank, nothing has changed. I take a seat and grip his hand.
"I'm here." I whisper to him "I'm not going."
He'll never know the way it tears me up inside to see him like this.
I wish I could save him.
I won't give up 'til it's over. Even if it takes forever.


I won't give in.
I'll give you the strength to pull through.
I'll pick you up off the ground.
I'll be here for you.

But for now, I will wait.

Sorry if this one took a long time, I havn't had a lot of time lately. I hope you like it(: To be honest I'm a little disappointed on the turn out of this one. But I'd love to know what you think! Love you all xo
Sign up to rate and review this story