Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Chemical Mafia

Masquerade

by Ballroom_Blitz 2 reviews

*Edited!* (8)Masquerade. Paper faces on parade, masquerade! Hide your face so that the world will never find you. (8)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-05-24 - Updated: 2016-05-25 - 2024 words

0Unrated
Pandora’s P.O.V

I almost squeaked slightly as Frank’s fingertips brushed my neck. He gently held up my hair and somehow managed to fasten a necklace with the other.
“You look fucking amazing Panda” his breath tickled my neck before he let go of my hair making it swing from side to side as it settled down my back.

“Thanks, you look uh…handsome” I blushed. What exactly is the appropriate response to a guy? I wasn’t lying though. He really did look handsome with his jet black tuxedo and slicked back hair. He smiled before taking hold of my hand and leading me down the stairs.
“Oh god Frankie...what if I completely screw up and like fall over or something or or or say something really really stupid and embarrass the fuck out of myself and you obviously...Or what if-“
“-How many times do I need to tell you? You’ll be fine! I don’t care if you smash someone over the head with a punch bowl. These things bore the shit of me! But at least your there with me...It’s the only reason I'm going really”
He mumbled the last part before blushing and running a hand through his hair.
“We should get going, Mikey will be have a heart attack if we're late!”


Gerard’s P.O.V

“YO, SLUT! ISN’T YOU’RE WHORE ASS READY YET?!” I could hear Scarlette’s dark mumbling coming from the other side of the bedroom door.
“Yes Mr Alpha Male Mafia man” The door swung open and my jaw almost dropped. Scarlette looked fucking amazing. I bought the damn dress because I didn't think she'd wear it but damn!
“What?” she said, looking at me questioningly.
“I, uh...Jesus Christ Scarlette! You're gonna give the old bastards at this thing a damn heart attack!" Well shit, it wasn't the best compliment I'd ever given to a woman but Scar was no ordinary woman. She burst out laughing and hit me with with her clutch bag which was surprisingly heavy.
"Isn't that the damn reason you picked this one?!" I just smirked and offered her my arm.
"Sugar, what kinda Don would I be if I don't got the hottest chick on my arm?" Scarlette hit me again but just smirked and walked ahead of me, swaying her hips a lot more than usual when she walked. Fuck, it might just be that has the heart attack!


Frank’s P.O.V

My heart fluttered as the car pulled up outside the hall where this stupid ball was being held. Panda’s eyes lit up as she looked at all the lights which adorned the outside of the building.
“You liking it so far then Miss Lockheart?” She just nodded, taking in everything round about her. When the car stopped I got out and ran around the other side before Panda could open the door for herself. She nearly fell out as I yanked the door open, maybe a little bit too enthusiastically.
“Oops” I almost laughed as Pandora frowned at me from inside the car. I held out my hand to her and she giggled slightly before taking it. She really was so fucking gorgeous. If ever there was a girl that could steal my heart, then she’d be the one.

I linked our arms before leading her inside. No-one looked directly at us but they bowed their heads in respect. Pandora bit her lip, stifling a giggle. I kissed her cheek quickly and her eyes went wide before her cheeks turned bright red.
“Bellissimo angelo…non vanno mai…tu appartieni al mio fianco”
“That’s beautiful Frankie…what does that mean?” I chuckled slightly.
“Ask me again later” She looked a bit annoyed but got quickly distracted by all the candles that lit the entire room. The room was decorated elegantly, with candles on large black chandeliers that hung from the ceiling, wood panelling around the room, large high up windows with stain glass that depicted long forgotten saints and deities. Waiters and waitresses floated elegantly around the room, their gold waistcoats shimmering in the candle light, making sure not a single glass was left unfilled. At the far end of the building there was a large stage with an orchestra playing classical pieces from different eras.
"What do you think? Mikey done good job, huh?"
“Everything’s so...shiny” I almost laughed as Panda looked about like a kid in amusement park. I guess she’d never saw anything quite like it in her life. Definitely a world away from Urie's strip joint. Everyone was dressed in beautiful gowns and over the top sequinned and feathered masks. I had my own mask on. It was black and white to match my tux. Scarlette had outlined my eyes with a little black eye-liner because apparently Pandora would like it. It was weird how even though I had known her for maybe about a week or so that I was completely caught up in this girl. I’d let her into my home, into my life without a second thought or a worry for what would happen. I craved her approval as a man stranded in the desert craves water.

We circled round the room, many of our "associates" were here and it's bad business if you don't mingle. Many different Mafia families were here too. Some of which we had no quarrel with, others however tensions could be high. But one of the reasons we have this ball is to remind others of our power, our wealth, our influence amongst the community and the law enforcement. To remind those who would try to take us down just who exactly they were dealing with. Also it's a good chance to reacquaint ourselves with old friends and associates. Some who we haven't seen in a long time. I knew Pandora was terrified of meeting all those people so we only met a couple before I left her in the company of Ray, who was ever making lists and working out money owed and money due.

Gerard’s P.O.V

I hate these things! I’m so fucking bored. It’s like Groundhog Day: smile, say hello, introduce Scarlette when she’s actually with me, ask how they are, nod politely, give them the same answer everyone else gets and then move on. Everyone just seems to fucking love Scarlette. Commenting on how lovely she is and how she couldn’t be politer or how I just want to drag her away and fu- WOAH!! Where did that come from?!! It’s too hot in here...air. I need air…yes that’s what it is. It’s the heat in here. It does funny things to your head, makes you have strange thoughts...I’ll be fine once I get some air.
“Hello Gerard” A voice purred in my ear. My eyes widened in shock before I turned round to see Emily. She just does not die!
“Emily” I said with a curt nod.
“How are ya sugar?” I stiffened slightly.
“I’m rather well. How are you?”
“Oh I’m verrrry good, as I’m sure you remember.” She winked at me before strutting off to pick on some other poor unsuspecting fool. Don't know who the fuck invited her but god damn it if she starts any of her shit I'll have her sleeping with the fucking fishes!
“Who was that Gerard?” I jumped slightly and spun around to see Scarlette glaring at me.
“That would be...no one. Yes, no-one! Ha!” She sighed angrily and folded her arms. “Just drop it Scar, okay? Before you even begin, just drop it. She's someone from the past, someone I'd be quite happy if I never saw again” I turned around and tried to disappear into the crowd before Scarlette could say anything. I couldn’t bear to have her sympathy, or anyone’s for that matter.

Scarlette’s P.O.V

I rolled my eyes before wandering through the crowd of people to find Pandora. I hadn't seen them much since we got here. Was I just gonna be ditched for some mafia dude...what happened to chicks before dicks?!
Then there was this other bitch that looked like she wanted to jump onto Gerard. She kept looking at him and occasionally he’d look back. Sometimes she’d wink and other times she’d lick her lips. And he says I’m the whore! He just looked so damn sad after I saw her speaking to him. I didn't know who she was but it wasn't hard to guess. I could see it in his eyes, the remembrance of pain of a broken heart. It's not something you forget easily. I happened to look up at that moment and there she was again: brushing up against Gerard, whispering something in his ear while glaring at me. Well if that ain't the last straw then I don't know what is!

I marched right up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and looked almost surprised in a way to see me standing there. I guess she thought I wouldn't interfere. Hah!
“My my, if it isn’t the stripper Gerard brought to the party with him. I’m sorry but no-one here needs a lap dance, thanks.” Her voice was sugary sweet and condescending.
“Outside, now” I hissed.
“What?” she laughed in surprised shock. “You, little midget, are gonna fight me? You don’t have a fucking clue who I am”!
“Emily. That’s all I need bitch. Now are ya gonna fight or what? Cause I warn ya now, I know how to fight dirty”
“Step off little girl, does your mommy know you’re out at this time?”
“Does your pimp know you’re not out working the streets?”
Emily growled before pulling her fist back to try and hit me. Before she ever got near Gerard caught her fist and pushed it away before slickly pulling out his gun and aiming it right between her eyes. Hushed silence fell upon the ball.
“Back the fuck off or I shoot” No-one dared interrupt even I knew Gerard would shoot someone who dared to interfere.
“Now now Gerard, why all the hostility?” I felt myself go dizzy as Brendon walked out from through the crowd. Gerard's hand found my arm and pulled me behind him as Brendon sauntered over to Emily and slung his arm over her shoulders.
“I’d rather you didn’t shoot my girlfriend. Just as I’m sure you wouldn’t want me to kill yours” Brendon gave an evil grin before pulling out his gun. Just then the rest of the mafia appeared. Frankie stood just behind Gerard to the right slightly, protecting me and now a scared looking Panda. I entwined my hand with hers. Why did everyone have to get involved?! I could have taken that bitch down!! Ray and Mikey both flanked Gerard.

Brendon looked at us all, calculating his next move.
“Fellas, fellas...Must this end in violence? Can’t we just move on and pretend this whole thing didn’t happen? I’m sure you don’t want anything to happen to your girls” Brendon’s eyes found mine and I shivered slightly. I could almost see the horrible plans swirling in his head. I just knew he would give me the staring role.
“We’ll let it slide this time Urie. I don't wanna cause a bloodbath in front of these nice folks. Now both of you get the fuck outta here, my trigger finger’s feeling itchy.”
“As you wish Way...Till we meet again Miss Arizona” Brendon winked before kissing Emily and leaving.
“I don’t like them” I heard Gerard before he turned round to me.
“Are you okay Scarlette?” His hands cupped my face and my heart tried to escape from my chest.
“Fine” I squeaked.
“Good” was all he said before turning around, leaving me once again lost in the crowd.
Sign up to rate and review this story