Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > The Image of Truth

Ash's Rescue Mission

by Crimson_Reaper_67 0 reviews

Misty has gotten kidnapped! Now Ash must race to save her. Upon finding her, he now face his toughest opponent yet! Will Ash succeed in rescuing his dear Misty?

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ash,Misty - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-04 - Updated: 2011-06-05 - 3657 words

0Unrated
Ash’s hands were trembling as he read the note on the parchment. He clenched his teeth as he lowered it to his side. Crumbling it up, he dropped it. He paused as he let it drop to the ground. The second it hit the ground, he twitched and took off at a full sprint toward the north end of the city. ‘Don’t worry, Misty,’ he thought, looking straight forward. ‘I’m coming!’ As he sped off from the note, it smoldered and burst into flames.
He reached the exit of the city in no more than five minutes. He didn’t even pause as he left the city. A dirt path lead up to a dense forest. Ash sped up, wanting to get to Misty as fast as he possibly could. If anything happened to Misty...
He reached the forest and stopped, straining his neck to peer at the top of the incredibly tall trees. Another gust of wind blew, carrying another piece of parchment down to Ash. He snatched it out of the air and read it. It gave detailed instructions through the forest. Gripping it tightly, he entered the dense and light-swallowing trees.
Left. Then Right. Another Left. Straight Forward. He kept going. ‘I’m coming, Misty! Hold tight for just a little longer,’ he willed for her to hear as he thought it. He picked up his pace as he saw a light up ahead. ‘There!’ He emerged from the light.
He came out into a clearing in the forest. At the far end of the clearing was a waterfall that spilled into a small, clear pool. There in the middle of the clearing was Misty, sprawled out on the ground and bound in thick chains. The chain links were webbed with strange, blue markings. “Misty!” shouted Ash.
She nervously looked up at Ash. Her eyes widened and she smiled. She opened her lips to say something, when a sinister cackle interrupted her. The man draped in black with the evil yellow eyes from Misty’s dream appeared in front of her. “So, you decided to show!” he said with another cackle. Ash was about to say something when he then said, “Let’s see if you’re really the Trainer they say you are!” He held out his hand and a Pokeball materialized in it. “Let’s see if you can handle this!” He threw his Pokeball. “Come on out, Zangoose!” The Pokeball opened and out came a decent sized, long-bodied beast that resembled a mongoose with a red zigzag scar over its eye and large, black claws.
“Heh, fine by me,” said Ash, exhaling. “Go, Swellow!” Out came a navy blue, pigeon-looking Bird Pokemon with a white underside and red-tipped wings. It squawked excitedly as it stared down the Zangoose, flapping it’s wings rhythmically to stay in the air.
“Swellow? Really?!” laughed the man. “Alright, Zangoose, use your Slash attack!!” Zangoose got on all fours and began charging toward the airborne Swellow.
“Swellow, use your Aerial Ace!” commanded Ash. Swellow’s face turned serious and it started toward Zangoose with incredible speed. Before Zangoose could react, Swellow swung its talons at the Pokemon, cutting down into it. Swellow then followed up with an upward slash with its wings. The Zangoose went flying backwards, skidding across the ground.
“Damnit! Get up and use agility to get up close to it!” Zangoose got up and shook its head. It then looked forward and started teleporting short distances, getting closer and closer to Swellow.
“Swellow, use Wing Attack!” said Ash calmly. Swellow flew high up into the air. Making a complete u-turn, it then sped at Zangoose like a bullet. As it flew along, its wings began to glow white as they were positioned in a blade form.
“Zangoose, don’t let it hit you! Use Fury Swipes when you get close enough!” Zangoose kept teleporting, waiting for the approaching Bird Pokemon to get close. A moment later, the opportunity presented itself. Zangoose jumped on it, leaping into the air, claws extended. When it reached its opponent, it started slashing Swellow with its large claws. The last hit sent the Pokemon speeding into the ground.
“Swellow!!” shouted Ash.
The man laughed throatily. “Did you honestly believe your pathetic bird could defeat my Zangoose?! Hah! What a joke!!”
“Swellow, get up! Get up!!” shouted Ash. Swellow struggled to its feet. Ash sighed in relief. “Alright, show him you’re not just a pathetic bird! Use your Sky Attack!!” Swellow stayed still for a moment. Then, with a twitch, it shot into the sky. It began to glow brilliantly.
“Really?” said the man. “Zangoose, dodge it with Agility!” Zangoose began to teleport in different directions to try to confuse the opposing Swellow.
Ash waited for the perfect moment. Soon enough, that moment came. “Now!!” he cried. Swellow shot at Zangoose, a trail of white energy trailing behind it.
“Keep up that Agility, Zangoose!” Zangoose obliged as it quickened its pace. It wasn’t quite enough, however, as the Bird Pokemon cut through the stunned Zangoose, sending it skidding. When it stopped, it collapsed.
“Alright, Swellow! Good job!” shouted Ash excitedly. The man scowled and returned his fallen Pokemon.
“Fine, then how ‘bout this?! Go, Scizor!!” he shouted as he threw his Pokeball. Out emerged a humanoid, red, mantis creature with large pincers on the end of its arms with eye patterns on the sides, making it appear as if it had three heads.
“Okay, come on back, Swellow!” said Ash, calling back his Pokemon. He then threw another Pokeball. “Time for another round, Crawdaunt!” he shouted as his Crawdaunt emerged. It appeared as calm as ever. “Now, start off with a Bubblebeam attack!” Crawdaunt obliged as it began firing little water projectiles at Scizor.
“Dodge it with Agility!” commanded the man. Scizor began teleporting left and right to dodge the water bullets.
“Damnit! Try it again, Crawdaunt!” Once again, Crawdaunt fired a stream of water bullets at Scizor.
“Use Double Team, Scizor!” Scizor began to flicker as clones began to form of the Bug Pokemon until they formed a circle around Crawdaunt. The bullets phased through one of the copies and it disappeared. There were still more clones, however.
“Grr!! Use Hydro Pump, Crawdaunt!!” Crawdaunt spun around and fired a powerful jet of water through yet another clone.
“Haha! Use Double Team, Scizor!” Scizor posed and another clone replaced one of the fallen ones.
“End this, Crawdaunt! Use Guillotine!!!” screamed Ash. Crawdaunt spun to its left and fired a burst of yellow energy through another clone.
“Hah! It missed!!” laughed the man. “Scizor, time to attack! Use your Metal Claw Attack!!” Scizor twitched and crossed its arms. Its pincers began to glow.
“Quickly!! Use your Crabhammer attack!!” Crawdaunt spun around and leapt at Scizor. As it neared, one of its pincers began to glow white. When it swung, it was the real Scizor, for it went flying backwards, landing on its back. However, it sprang to its feet and shot at Crawdaunt. It slammed one of its pincers into the Water Pokemon, sending it flying.
“Crawdaunt!!” cried Ash. Crawdaunt hit the ground hard, leaving behind a small crater. “Get up!!” Crawdaunt struggled to get to its feet. With some effort, it managed to stand, if only barely.
The man laughed menacingly. “You thought you could win?! Hah! You’ll have to try harder than that!” He then turned serious. “Scizor, crush this crustacean! Use your Cross Slash attack!!” Scizor shot at Crawdaunt like a bullet, its arms crossed in an X shape. Not even a moment later, it ripped through the crawdad like nothing. Crawdaunt’s legs buckled, and it collapsed.
“No, Crawdaunt!” shouted Ash as he returned his fallen Pokemon.
“Haha! Do you really think you can defeat my Scizor?! Not a fat chance in Hell!!” cackled the man.
Ash gritted his teeth as he threw his Pokeball. “Take it out, Sceptile!!” he shouted as his Pokemon came out. It was a large, green, reptilian Grass-type Pokemon with a large fern for a tail and four pairs of large, yellow seeds on its back. Its belly, underside, and lower jaw were red.
“Are you freaking serious!? Scizor, use your Metal Claw attack!!” shouted the man with a wicked laugh. Scizor obliged and charged at the Grass-type, its pincers glowing.
“Fuck that red bug! Use your Bullet Seed attack!!” cried Ash. Sceptile took a stance and opened its mouth. A barrage of large, round, orange projectiles spewed forth. Scizor got knocked back by the constant stream of seeds, which seized a moment later.
“Get up, you stupid imbecile!!” shouted the man irritably. Scizor jumped to its feet and charged.
“You monster!” muttered Ash. “How dare you treat your Pokemon like dirt!?! You are going down!!!” He then shouted, “Hit it again, Sceptile!!” Sceptile nodded its head and opened its mouth. However, before it could initiate the attack, Scizor slammed one of its large pincers into the gecko’s throat. Sceptile went flying backwards. It soon slammed hard into the ground. It merely laid there. “Sceptile, get up! Get up!!” screamed Ash.
The man burst into laughter. “Oh man, your Pokemon was so weak!! Defeated in one simple hit!!”
Ash hung his head and gritted his teeth as he returned his downed Sceptile. He bit his lip until it started bleeding. “I will end this!” he said softly. He threw out his Pokeball, not uttering a sound. Out of the ball emerged a large, orange, dragonic Pokemon with a brilliant flame on the tip of its long tail and a pair of fierce horns upon its head. Charizard had finally emerged on the battlefield.
“Ahhh, a Charizard! Now things should get interesting!!” the man said with a smirk. “Scizor, hit it with a Cross Slash!!” Scizor crossed its arms and sped at Ash’s Charizard.
“Charizard, don’t let it even get a single hit on you!! Use Flamethrower!!” he cried. Charizard let loose a huge jet of brilliant flames. Scizor was immediately engulfed in them. The charred Scizor hit the ground with a thud.
“Damnit, Scizor, you stupid piece of shit!! Get up!!” the man snarled. Scizor jumped to its feet and charged at Charizard.
“Charizard, use your Seismic Toss!!” cried Ash. Charizard shot at Scizor, its arms extended. When it reached Scizor, it wrapped its arms around the poor Bug Pokemon. It then shot up into the sky. Higher and higher it flew. Soon after, it made an immediate U-turn and raced back toward the Earth. When it started nearing the forest floor, it released Scizor from its grasp. The red Bug Pokemon shot into the ground with a loud crash. Charizard proudly returned to Ash.
The man knew that his Scizor had fallen. So he returned it and threw another Pokeball. A large, navy blue, bear-like Fire-type Pokemon with spots on the sides and back of its neck and a tan underside that stood on its hind legs emerged. “Let’s see if your Charizard can man up to my Typhlosion!”
Ash gritted his teeth. “Charizard, start out with your Dragon Rage attack!!” Charizard turned toward Typhlosion. Opening its mouth, it launched a white ball of energy at the Fire Pokemon.
“Typhlosion, dodge it and hit it with your Swift attack!!” Typhlosion tried to leap out of the way of Charizard’s attack, but it failed as the energy ball erupted in a small explosion as it collided with the Fire-type. Typhlosion was sent skidding along the ground. Typhlosion struggled to its feet and shook itself off. It then leapt toward Charizard and unleashed a barrage of star-shaped energy blasts at the large Fire Pokemon.
“Charizard, dodge those stars and unleash your Blast Burn attack!!!” cried Ash. Charizard dodged the stars with ease and moments later a large, red energy beam erupted from its mouth. Typhlosion, not having any time to react, was engulfed in the blast. When the beam fizzled out, Typhlosion was seen lying in a smoldering heap on the ground.
“What?! Typhlosion!! Get up!! Get the fuck up!!!” screamed the man. Typhlosion twitched. Soon after, however, it struggled to its feet. It was breathing heavily as it faced toward Charizard, who also was panting as it recovered from its previous attack. “Hah! That’s more like it! Now, take this chance to show the power of your Fire Blast!!” Typhlosion straightened up and fired a human-shaped burst of flames at the recuperating Charizard. Not able to move after its Blast Burn, Charizard was engulfed in the blast, hitting the ground with a loud thud moments later. However, it quickly jumped to its feet, staring down Typhlosion with anger burning in its eyes.
“Charizard, finish this! Use your Flamethrower attack!!” cried Ash. Charizard charged at the barely standing Typhlosion.
“Don’t let this be the end, Typhlosion, use your Fla-” Too late. A huge burst of flames engulfed Typhlosion. That was it. The battle was over. Ash had won. The man scowled as he returned his charred Typhlosion. Ash grinned as he proudly recalled his Charizard. “You think you have won, Boy?!” spat the man. He straightened up and sneered at Ash. “Allow me to formerly introduce myself. My name is Viku,” said the man, “and now let’s see just how tough you really are!” He charged fiercely at Ash.
Throwing off his vest and hat, Ash jumped back and put up his fists. Winding back, Viku launched his fist forward, meeting with Ash’s. Lightning fast punches began swarming Ash as he was pushed back in his defense. “Is that all you got, Boy?!” laughed Viku as his punches got faster and faster.
Ash grinned. “I haven’t even begun yet,” he said softly. Suddenly, he disappeared. Viku’s latest punch sliced through air and he stumbled, just barely able to keep on his feet. Ash reappeared a few seconds later next to the stunned Viku and his fist dug its way into the demon’s side. The wind was knocked out of Viku’s lungs. Ash smirked as he followed up with a hard jab to Viku’s head, which sent him flying backwards into a tree. He immediately lost his footing and skidded down the trunk of the tree onto the ground, his back leaning against the buckled tree.
Viku got to his feet and growled. Flicking the dirt from his shoulders, he turned his eyes once again on Ash. “You haven’t won yet, Kid!” He bellowed. He, like Ash moments before, disappeared out of thin air. Ash’s eyes quickly began racing to find where Viku had gotten to. “Right here, Kid!” shouted the demon as he appeared overhead Ash. Ash jumped out of the way just as Viku’s fist connected with the ground. He shot once again at Viku, and they began trading kicks and punches as they both tried to get a hit in on the other.
Misty sat motionless bound in her chains as she watched Ash do battle with the demon. Her eyes were wide. She had never had a clue that Ash was this strong. “Ash...” She mumbled softly to herself. “Please don’t get hurt,” A tear trickled down her cheek as she watched on.
Ash slammed into a tree, but he quickly moved to the right as Viku connected his fist with the tree. As Viku turned to face Ash, Ash’s foot collided with the side of his head. With Viku momentarily stunned, Ash took the opportunity and started hammering his fists into Viku’s gut. A moment or two of this later, Ash slammed his elbow into Viku and then uppercutted him into the air. Ash then stood still as he watched him fall to the ground a few feet away. “Come on, Viku! On your feet!!” shouted Ash fiercely. Viku slowly got to his feet. He smirked and soon after, he started laughing. “What the hell’s so funny?!”
Viku straightened up to face Ash once more. “Oh, nothing really,” he said. “It’s just that I find it quite hilarious that you actually believe this to be all of my power,” He then squinted his eyes at Ash and turned serious. “You haven’t seen anything yet!” Growing silent, Viku slipped off the gloved sleeves on his arms, revealing very pale white skin and black fingernails sharpened into claws. He then pulled off this mask and the red hair flowed wildly. His straight locks the color of blood stretched halfway down his back. His face was quite wicked and pointed. The face of a demon alright. And his teeth were pointed and sharp. “Ready, Human?!” he laughed.
A powerful aura of energy hit Ash’s senses like of ton of bricks. ‘What enormous power! Was he really hiding all this?!’ Ash wondered, feeling a shiver shoot down his spine. Ash quickly straightened up and braced himself. “Bring it!” he shouted, hiding his fear.
Viku grinned. “With pleasure!” he said, his grin widening. He disappeared. Ash could immediately sense a complete change in speed. Only moments after Ash was able to raise his arms in defense, Viku slammed his fist hard into Ash. Ash skidded backwards, his arms up in a guarding position. Viku laughed loudly. “And I thought you were a challenge!” He said with another wicked grin as he disappeared again.
This time, Ash was not fast enough and Viku’s punch connected hard with Ash’s side. He was sent flying high into the air. “Ash!” Misty cried out, tears streaming down her face. Viku grinned and disappeared. He began slamming hard into Ash at lightning speed, attacking from a different angle each time. Ash remained airborne, Viku not giving him time to hit the ground. He could feel his bones cracking and buckling from the beating he was receiving. Viku was moving so fast that Ash was not able to even see Viku as he attacked. Ash knew that he had to end this now if he wanted to stay alive.
Not long after the onslaught began, Viku appeared above Ash. “I am beginning to grow bored with you!” he spat. He grabbed hold of Ash and flung him towards the ground. Ash hit the ground hard. He felt as if every bone in his body was broken. Ash remained motionless.
“Ash! No!!!” Misty screamed, tears now flooding from her eyes as she now cried openly
“Silly girl! He is done for,” he laughed. “There is nothing you or anybody can do for him n-”
“Enough!!!” cried Ash, who was now on his feet. A fearsome, fiery aura surrounded him. “You want a fight!? You got one!!” He cried out, and the aura engulfed him. When the flames dissipated, Viku and Misty both gasped. Ash’s hair was longer and was now spikier and blood red. His eyes were now a vibrant orange and his body was more well-toned. Ash grinned and disappeared in a burst of flames. Before Viku could even react, Ash slammed into him and started engulfing him in lightning fast, fiery punches.
“A fire elemental?!” said Misty softly to herself. “He’s a fire elemental?!!” She viewed on as the fight intensified. Ash soared into the air. “Feel the flames of my burning soul!” bellowed Ash. Flames appeared in his hands. Remaining in the air, he began raining down a barrage of fireballs on Viku. Viku was engulfed in the blasts as dust kicked up around him. Moments later, Ash lowered to the ground near where Viku had stood.
Viku leapt from the flames to face Ash once more. “This is not over!!” he cried. Jumping back from Ash, he raised his hand into the air, his middle and index fingers extended. “Feel the power of darkness in all it’s glory, Kid!” Thrusting his fingers forward, he cried out, “Sentiaro!!!” A huge burst of black energy erupted from the demon’s extended fingers.
Thinking quickly, Ash cupped his hand to his side, in which a large concentration of flames appeared. Thrusting his hand forward and gripping his wrist with his other hand, he cried out. A huge jet of red, hot flames engulfed Viku’s blast along with Viku himself. Ash shot through his sea of flames and hoisted Viku off the ground by the collar of his robes. “What do you want with me and Misty?!” he demanded.
“I-I-I will n-never t-tell you, Ki-kid!” stuttered the battered and smouldering Viku, spitting in Ash’s face.
Ash winced and moved his head back as the spit collided with his face. A ball of flames formed in his hand. “I’ll ask you one more time. What do you want with me and Misty!?!”
Wincing, Viku finally straightened up. “A m-man named Gil-Gilcotsuma has something pl-planned for the both of y-you,” said Viku slowly. “What he wa-wants with you t-two I don’t kn-know,” Breathing in slowly, Viku went silent once more.
“Thank you for cooperating, but I am afraid I cannot allow you to live,” said Ash coldly. Without another word, Ash threw Viku screaming into the air and engulfed him in flames. All that remained were ashes.
Ash quickly went to Misty’s side. “How do you get these chains off?” asked Ash, completely having forgotten to get Viku to remove her chains too.
Misty chuckled. “Just use your element. They react to the opposite element as the markings represent on the chain links,” she explained. Ash immediately knew what he had to do, as if he had known the whole time. Lightly coating his hands in flames, he took hold of the chains and they instantly upon contact with his flaming skin came apart. Misty stood and brushed herself off. She instantly embraced Ash in a tight hug. Ash smiled at her as she hugged him. Smiling, Misty then kissed Ash on the lips. Ash turned bright red as their lips touched.
Sign up to rate and review this story