Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Champange for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends (Patrick Stump)

part 14

by falloutboy8793 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-06-04 - Updated: 2011-06-05 - 2218 words

0Unrated
“HEYLO!!!!” A voice came onto the bus when we arrived to the studio that Patrick mentioned.

“MARK!” Pete yelped as he jumped up. I looked at Patrick who just smiled and got up as well. I looked around, and got up to see whose voice that was.

“Uh...” I spoke when I saw Mark Hoppus come onto the bus.

“Hi! You part of New Face of Failure, or did they just kidnap you?” Mark held out his hand.

“Both.” I smiled as I grabbed his hand and shook it. “The name’s Grace.”

“Oh, you’re Grace.” He winked toward Patrick. “And they are...” Mark nodded toward Dani and Kris, who were now joining us.

“I’m Dani.” Dani grabbed Mark’s hand.

“And you’re Kris right?” Mark looked to Kris.

“One and only. So what is going on?” Kris asked. Mark looked at the boys.

“You didn’t tell them?” Mark said.
“No they haven’t told us a thing.” I said, smiling.

“Well then, I will be the gentleman who shows you around before the interview starts.” Mark bowed and let us girls through while the guys were stuck last.

“What interview?” Dani asked as Mark jumped in front of us to show us where to go.

“Wow, they really kept you in the dark.” Mark laughed. “I’m trying to create a new show on Fuse. Picture Oprah and music, but with all the inappropriate and immature things you would find on south park.”

“Well then.” Dani said.

“Okay, not as bad as south park, but hopefully, still funny. And you guys are the pilot episode.” Mark led us to a dressing room. “We will do the interview then right after, we get to go and meet everyone up and then the real party begins!”

“Who else is going to be here?” Kris’s voice piped up from the back.

“Wow...These guys need to know some shit...you guys are horrible kidnappers.” Mark scolded. “Sorry guys, but Gerard still has you beat.”

“Wait, Gerard Way, as in My Chemical Romance?” Dani asked. I could hear a fan scream coming up.

“Yeah. Which reminds me,” Mark looked toward Pete. “Keep an eye on her.” he pointed to Dani. “He will snatch her up quick.”

“Oh, don’t worry Gee won’t get near her.” Pete said a bit protectively.

“What’s going on between you and Gerard?” I asked.

“A massive kidnapping war. Been that way since...I can’t remember.” Patrick laughed.

“Well then, should I be scared?” I laughed.

“No, it’s just between Pete and Gerard. They don’t mess with me.” Patrick smiled and put his arm over my shoulder and gave me a one armed hug.
“Okay then,” Mark brought us back. “The show begins in five minutes, and my co-host will be in here to lead you guys in.” And with that, Mark left us. We sat there, talking about how the show was going to go and all that jazz, for the whole five minutes, then the co-host came in and introduced herself.
"HI!" She said too peppy. "I'm Amy Schumer. I'm glad to have you guys on!" Her shoulder length blonde hair and her overall too happy demeanor was all too much like Laura. She laughed and led us to the stage where they were filming.

“Please welcome to the show, Fall Out Boy and New Face of Failure!” I heard Mark introduce us and we headed out and sat down on the couch. The atmosphere was weird. I don’t know if it was the fact that we were on T.V. or something else, but it was tripping me out.

The interview began with the normal questions like ‘How did you meet Fall Out Boy and how has the tour been so far.’ Those types of questions, but still something was off. The co-host, Amy something, was smiling too big. I looked to Dani, who seemed to noticed it to. She waved to a person in the audience. I looked to see none other than Laura, all dressed in pink, giving her a thumbs up back.

Of all of the people... I thought to myself, looking at Laura. My blood began boiling.

"Now," Amy began. "Sorry Grace, but I'm going to pick on you for a minute." She smiled.

"Go ahead." I laughed. I soon regretted saying that.

"Well, I understand that your 18 right?"

"Yeah," I answered.

"How do your parents feel about you going on this tour?" She smiled...way too big for her face. I looked into the audience and saw Laura smirking.

"I-uh..." SHIT! I thought. I saw Dani perk up to hear something about my parents.

"Yeah, she told me her parents are ecstatic to see her doing something she loves." Patrick answered for me. Whoa...did not see that coming.

"Yeah." I smiled, while inside I was a nervous wreck. If I answer something wrong, some shit is going to hit the fan. "My mom was the most excited one."

"Wow, I haven't heard you talk about your parents in ages!" Dani said.

"Really? I thought I've told you." I said, trying to cover up.

"No...I don't think..." Dani was interupted by Amy's newest question.

"Well how did Fall Out Boy find out about your band?" Amy looked back at me.

"A...uh...fan sent in a video of us playing at the Launchpad in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and..."

"WAIT!! Before we go any further...are you all legal?" Amy asked, with all seriousness in her face.

"What are you talking about?" I said, totally confused.

"Do you have all your paperwork, green cards?" She sat up. "Being that you're from Mexico."

"You're kidding me right?" Dani half-laughed as Kris face-palmed himself.

"NEW Mexico is a part of the US...has been since 1912." I sighed. I noticed the boys trying their best to hold in their laughter as Mark just looked dumbfounded. "You know, it's east of Arizona...not south."

"Psh...I knew that." Amy tried to play it off, but I could still tell she didn't get it. "Dani, can you..."

"Working on that map now." Dani laughed from her iPod.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Anyways, they," I pointed to the boys. "held a contest for a small band to go on tour with them, and a fan sent in a tape and after a quick and short introduction, here we are!" I finished.

"SO!" Mark jumped in and clapped his hands. "Enough with the official questions, and onto the stalker ones!"

"Those weren't stalker enough?" Pete laughed.

"No, besides, I need to know who I'm going to be sharing the stage with!" Mark smiled. "So, favorite song, GO!"

"I don't have just one!" Dani whined.

"Next!" Mark pointed to Kris.

"It's All Been Done, by Barenaked Ladies." Kris answered quickly.

"You?" Mark pointed to me.

"I'm going to let one of my friends answer that one." I smiled.

There was silence then Dani answered, "Anything but Ordinary by Avril Lavigne!" I shook my head.

"Nope, guess again!"

"Hotel California?" Patrick answered.

"Wow, yes!" I smiled and gave Patrick a high five. This shouldn't be so bad.

Dani's POV

Something is wrong. I'm sure that Grace hasn't mentioned her parents since I can remember...the last time I even saw them, it was the first time I met them. After that, Grace was always over at our house. I ignored it and found out Amy was a complete and utter nutcase, although you'd be surprised how many people don't actually know that New Mexico is a part of the US.

"So, favorite song, GO!" I saw Mark look at me.

"I don't have just one!" I cried out.

"Next!" He pointed to Kris. That one was easy.

It's All Been Done "by Barenaked Ladies." My thought coincided with his answer.

"You?" Mark pointed to Grace.

"I'll let my friends guess." Grace smiled. Her's was too easy. It was Anything But Ordinary by Avril Lavigne.

"Nope, guess again!" Grace said.

"Hotel California?" Patrick answered.

"Wow, yes!" Grace smiled and gave a high five to Patrick. I didn't know that.

As the questions kept coming, I realized, I don't know that much about Grace. Hell, Patrick knew more about her than I did. I'm her best friend who doesn't even know her favorite song. I got quiet and sat back. I looked over to Pete, who knew something was up.

"So, have you learned any dark secrets about each other since you've been on tour?" Amy asked, leaning forward, waiting for the dirty details.


Grace's POV

Patrick and I turned to each other at the exact same time.

"Oooo!! I take that as a yes!" Amy's voice rang.

"I guess, if you count knowing who is the real mastermind behind the pranks on tour..." I smirked and looked at Patrick who gave me the funniest look that said 'Don't do it'. Andy began cracking up laughing.

"We already know it was Joe!" Pete glared at Joe.

"I told you, it wasn't me!" Joe retorted back.

"It wasn't Joe." I said, smiling.

"TOLD YOU!" Joe jumped up on the couch and pointed at Dani and Pete.

"It was...maybe I shouldn't tell you." I smiled, seeing Dani and Pete glaring at me. "Hmmm...should I tell them Patrick?"

"Go ahead..." He smirked at me with a mischievous look in his eye.
"Alright..." I said, now doubting if I should say anything. He knew something and he was going to use that to his advantage.

"WILL YOU JUST TELL US ALREADY?!" Mark yelled, "I need to know how to protect myself!"

"Well, he is not as innocent as you think." I began.

"I KNEW IT!! ANDY YOU'RE DEAD!" Pete interupted.

"Calm your hormones!!! It wasn't Andy either!" I laughed.

"Well then, that just leaves...Patrick?!" Dani gasped. "Grace! How could you not tell me?"

"She helped me set it up." Patrick smiled at me.

"GRACE?!"

"Ooops." I shrugged. I was going to get Patrick back.

"You got to watch out for the ‘innocent’ ones” Mark nodded and concluded the show. We were all laughing and having a good time. Once we got the cue that we were off the air, the audience began leaving and Laura came up to the stage.

“Hey Amy!” Laura gave Amy a big hug. “Great job hun!”

“You really think so?!” Amy smiled. “I totally screwed up with the whole mexico thing...”

“Relax hun, I didn’t know that either.”

“That’s no surprise.” I murmured.

“What was that?” Damn it, she heard me.

I sighed. “I said that’s no surprise.” Her eyes narrowed.

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

“Wow, now I have to explain what that meant...” I began getting angry.

“Come on now...” Patrick got in between us. “Grace, let’s just go.” He placed his hands on my shoulders and began pushing me back.

“Yeah, why don’t you leave...bye Patty Cakes!! I’ll miss you!” Laura sneered.

“THAT’S IT!!!” I yelled and began storming toward her. She screamed and I almost landed a punch until Patrick picked me up and carried me over his shoulder. Laura recovered and laughed, then Patrick flipped her the bird and we left to backstage.

Dani’s POV

I saw the drama unfold between Grace and Laura, and let me tell you, I’ve never seen Grace that angry. I mean Laura was being a bitch, but damn. I looked at the guys and they looked like a train just ran through the building.

“We’re just going to go...” Pete said as they all headed backstage as well.

“Wait for me!” Amy called out and followed the guys like a puppy.

“Sorry about that.” Laura smiled maliciously. What the hell did I do to her?!

“No worries.” I said, slowly making my way backstage.

“But I do have a question for you.” Laura caught up with me and made me stop. I sighed.

“What do you want Laura?” I asked, crossing my arms. She really was bad news.

“Well, I noticed that you couldn’t really answer the questions regarding Grace...I thought you guys were like best friends.”

“Well, sometimes that happens...” I said. “You can be friends without knowing all the intricate details of each others lives.”

“Yeah, I guess, but Patrick was able to answer them with no problem. A guy who barely knew her for a week or two. You’ve known her for your whole life...if I were you, I’d be kinda pissed.”

I stayed silent. Laura maybe a bitch, but she had a point.

“I mean hell, she could be hiding something from you and you would never know.” Laura said. “But I bet that the way her and Patrick act, she would tell him in a heartbeat.” And with that, she left. I sat down on the couch and began thinking. I know I shouldn’t listen to a thing that comes out of her mouth, but now...I don’t know...could Grace be hiding something? Wait...would Grace hide something from me? Now I’m stuck with these thoughts. Great...I need some fun. I got up and headed backstage, determined to get what Laura said out of my head.
Sign up to rate and review this story