Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Frerard A to Z

P is for Promise

by MyPatheticRomance 13 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-06-17 - Updated: 2011-06-17 - 690 words - Complete

5Original
A/N: Frankie is four and Gerard is six. KTHXBAI.

"Frankie, I don't wanna do this," Gerard said to his best friend, panic rising at the thought of going on stage. Gerard and Frank were currently standing in the wings, staring at the crowd in the hall, which was slowly growing. Mr and Mrs Iero were seated next to Mr and Mrs Way. They were sitting in the front row. Mrs Way was holding three-year old Mikey on her lap, and Mrs Iero was cooing over him.

Their pre-school was having a concert to celebrate its 50 years of teaching. Gerard had been chosen to do a solo. At first, he was thrilled. He practiced singing every day, with Frank giving him helpful pointers.

"Gee, you'll be gweat," Frank told him, grinning up at him through his floppy hair.

"What if I forget the words?" Gerard asked, eyes widening.

"You won't. I know you won't," Frank said firmly.

"Promise?"

"Pwomise."

"Hey, Frankie?" Gerard asked suddenly, after a short silence.

"Yeah, Gee?" Frank asked, popping a skittle into his mouth.

"Will you come on stage with me?" Gerard asked hopefully, trying to use his puppy-face to the best of his ability.

"Of course. What are fwends for?" Frank beamed at Gerard, and Gerard felt the panic dull a little.

"Thank you," Gerard said, hugging Frank tightly. Frank giggled and hugged him back, being careful not to spill his skittles.

"Gerard, honey, it's your turn," Ms Jai said as she approached the two boys. She bent down to fix Gerard's shirt, and Frank smiled up at her.

"When I grow up, I want hair like yours," Frank told Ms Jai, and the woman gave Frank a small smile.

"When you grow up, you'll have gorgeous hair, Frank," she said, before standing up again and stroking Gerard's head comfortingly.

Frank sent her a dirty look. He didn't like her as much when she was touching his Gerard. Especially when Gerard was nervous. Frank was the only one allowed to make Gerard feel better. It's just the way it went.

"And, we now present to you, Gerard Way," the principals voice said from the stage, and the crowd cheered.

Gerard grabbed Frank's hand tightly, and stood, frozen on the spot. Frank smiled encouragingly at Gerard and Gerard smiled back. HA. Frank would like to see Ms Jai try to get Gerard to give her that smile. Gerard always had a special smile for Frank. She would never get it.

Frank pulled Gerard onto the stage, and waved at his parents in the audience. His parents waved back, and his mom giggled at him. Gerard was handed a microphone, and looked around the room. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

Frank nudged Gerard in the side.

"Gee, sing," Frank whispered, not realising that the microphone made it possible for everyone to hear what was being said. Gerard stared at Frank, a 'help me' expression on his face.

Frank simply untangled his hand from Gerard's and wrapped a short arm around him. And with that, Frank began to sing the first line of the song.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need."

"I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true. All I want for Christmas is you," Gerard sang, growing more confident.

At the end of the song, the audience went wild, whistling and clapping for the two children.

"Told you that you could do it, Gee," Frank said, taking a small bow.

"Thank you, Frankie," Gerard said softly, patting Frank's head.

"You have the voice of an angel, Gee."

The audience all 'aww'-d. The microphone was still on, and they could hear every word. Neither Frank nor Gerard seemed to notice though. They were too lost in their own world.

Thank you guys for the comments. They mean a lot to me.
And especially to Eddi; 'cause your comment made me all warm inside. So thank you.
As y'all already know, comments make me happy? :D
Sign up to rate and review this story