Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Half a Goddess 2: The Secrets Behind Her Smile

Strangers in the Park

by Elsask 1 review

Helen is ambushed, can she escape?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-05-29 - Updated: 2011-12-19 - 1145 words

1Exciting
I know, I know, this isn't making any sense at the moment, but hold on lads and lassies it might, just might make sense in the end. :D


The furious brunette with all her might hit the ball against the redbrick wall on the unexplored edge of the park. The ball bounced back, she hit it again. With all the passion of hatred she has. The star hadn't even bothered to come out on this miserable night, her only light was that of a street light located on the opposite side of the five yards tall, wall.

"It is unfair!" She yelled at the wall. "Why do I have to go?"

"Why?" She whispered as she slammed it against the wall again.

Stupid teenagers and their stupid normal lives.

"Why?!" She took a big wind up and hits the ball full force it flied into the wall, staying there stuck in the indent on the bricks.

"Life is unfair, isn't it?" A deep voice called from the shadows.

"Who's there?" Helen called out, handling her stick as a weapon, ready to strike.

"Why it is me, your old friend." Out of the shadows Cronus appeared like a magician.

"I don't remember being acquainted with you." Helen replied sharply.

"Still have that attitude I see. Glad you kept it." He pointed his index finger out to her casually.

"What do you want Cronus?" Helen spitted out at him.

"On a first name basis are we now Helen?" He said cunningly.

Helen gave him a hating stare.

"State your business, Cronus!" Helen commanded.

"Why I have come to recruit you, lil' Hebe."

"Didn't I tell you once before, never." She said bitterly.

"You don't have a choice."

"What are you going to do? Try and threaten me?" She remarked sarcastically.

"Why yes, that is it exactly. Join me or else...brute force." He held up his fist.

"Bring it on." She held up her hockey stick like a deadly weapon.

"Giants attack!" Cronus snapped his fingers.

The massive beasts came from the darkness, enclosing Helen from escaping. The circle hadn't waste anytime, they were on her immediately.

Helen's quick thinking saved her from being crushed as vaulted off one of the giants with stick in hands springing into the air. She landed out of the circle. They looked around stunned, not knowing where she went.

"Looking for me?" Helen smirked.

They looked over; next it was a full blown charge at her. Helen whacked a few on the head; they retreated to the back of the group, letting the others have a shot. Before anymore real action could happen, Helen disappeared before their eyes, as her agile feet carried her away.

"You fools! She is playing you like chess pieces." Cronus hollered out.

"Hi... Cronus." Helen called from behind him.

Cronus jumped as he turned around. Helen struck at him for a fatal blow but it is met by a scythe. Out of thin air another scythe appeared, Cronus swiped upward with his free hand and the field hockey stick broke in two.

Helen leaped away without a weapon, she hurdled herself onto the brick wall pulling herself up the rest of the way. She frantically took off her belt and held onto one end.

One of Cronus' giants started to climb the wall. Helen snapped her newfound whip at his eye. The giant yelled in pain and grabbed his face; he realized too late that he just lost his grip. He fell onto two underneath him creating a massive heap.

She peeped over the edge very pleased with her work as the sounds of groans reached her ears.

The other giants left started to ram the wall; at first strike Helen almost lost her balance swinging her arms frantically trying to keep on her advantage point.

The ball stuck on the wall fell to the ground and rolled into a bunch of bushes.

Shoot, this wall won't stand much longer of this. She sees a large crack between her legs. Another thud. Helen took a leap for a nearby tree branch she was successful,but only hanging by a few fingers. She swung herself onto a sturdy branch.

It didn't take a second, the giants were pounding on the tree, half of the roots were exposed, the tree started to tip sideways.

Helen looked for an open opportunity to escape. The next tree. The tree she had settled herself on began to fall to the ground below.

"One, two." She whispered. "Three!"

Taking a leap she imbedded herself into another next tree where the trunk spread into branches.

"I can't do this forever." She looked at the giants ran over to the tree like hounds searching out a raccoon. Yet again they started pounding on the tree.

I could....no, is this maybe my time? Is it time to fulfill my destiny? She sighed rather loudly determined. No! I need to fight this.

Without warning the tree fell, this time Helen was not quite prepared. She leaped off the tree so she wouldn't hit the ground with the impact of the tree. She flew and landed hard into the grass sliding a foot or two as the tree crashed to the ground. Her whole left side had grass burn, in some places the skin was rubbed away and the blood gradually escaped the fresh wounds. She breathed in deeply in as the pain struck her like a hammer at full swing. She got up stumbling and sluggishly holding onto her sagging left arm. A small drop of blood trickled down slowly the side of her head. She wiped off the crimson blood from her pink lips.

Before she could recover from her fall, fists were flying at her. She nimbly dodged them. Using her whip she snapped them at the fists of her foes. It kept them off for an instant. She slowly rubbed her head trying to regain consciousness. Again, they were at her. Helen was starting to wear down and it was visible to her opponents. Her demise was coming.

"Give up young Hebe while you are ahead." Cronus called out observing the fight from a distance.

"Never!"

She cracked the whip once more. They stepped back, she stepped forward. Helen was trying to gain ground. She saw one of the ugly giants take a step towards her out of the corner of her eye. Helen turned in the direction of him, all her attention was directed towards him. Her mistake. Her alertness had worn down, she was mentally and physically beaten. She didn't see the one coming from behind her.

Agnon, grabbed her from behind before the brunette could have any reaction. Helen struggled, twisting and turning trying to break free but nothing would help her escape the tight grip. Slowly, the hulk squeezed tighter and tighter before long unconsciousness crept upon her...
Sign up to rate and review this story