Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Half a Goddess 2: The Secrets Behind Her Smile

Hot Pursuit

by Elsask 1 review

Helen is missing, and the gang gets worried, especially Herry.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-05-30 - Updated: 2011-12-19 - 953 words

1Exciting
"Wow, Helen sure likes long walks." Archie looked at the time. "Didn't she leave a little over two hours ago?"

"Hey maybe she got sidetracked, it happens." Atlanta shrugged, maybe she was referring to the time she was hypnotized by Arachne.

"Maybe, or maybe I should go and find her." Herry replied worried. This isn't like her.

"I am sure she is fine." Neil called out from the sofa where he was watching his show on TV.

"Helen never takes this long." Jay agreed with the Herry and Archie.

"She probably just needed her space that is all." Theresa implied knowing the secret nobody present knew. She just needs her space that is all, I would be the same if I had to leave. They all looked at her suspiciously but almost immediately turned to other thoughts.

"Well, I am going looking for her." Herry announced.

"I'll will too." Archie gave Atlanta a challenging look.

"If he is going, I am." Atlanta added in looking over at Archie taking up the challenge.

"She is pretty much a part of the team, so count me in." said Jay.

Theresa sighed. /Well I guess I have no choice./ "I'm in also."

Everyone looked at Odie and Neil. "But my favorite TV show is on." whined Neil.

"Well I'm going." Odie stood up and joined the others.

Everyone left Neil watching his TV show while everyone dispersed from of the house. Outside, the night was a dark blanket, concealing the mysteries.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

"Everyone search in different parts of the park that is the only place I could think she could be."

"Jay!" Neil's voice wavered over the air. Everyone looked to Neil running towards them with both arms waving in the air. "I decided to help, besides, old episode."

"Let's split."

They all nodded their heads and split up, Jay and Theresa, Archie and Atlanta, Odie and Neil, and Herry searched alone.

"Helen!" The voices of the descendants of the great heroes yelled through every corner of the park. They had pulled back branches, lifted up logs -well in Herry's case anyway-, and turned over rocks -in Neil's case, in which Odie rolled his eyes. They questioned people to see if they had seen her, all turned down with no's and shaking of citizens' heads.

"Helen, where are you?" Herry asked to myself, as he pushed through countless number of thick branches that twined together like a weaver's art piece. He sighed,
/come on Helen, stop scaring us, well more like me... and just show up already./ He then stopped in his path. What stood in front of him made him freeze, this was the one thing he dreaded to find in his search. There lying on the ground rested Helen's field hockey stick. Waiting for its master, but for her not to return.

Herry walked over and picked up the splintered stick. On the side of one of the pieces was scratched the name, /Helen Angle/. Herry remembered when she had scratched that in with a knife leaning against the kitchen counter with her hair glistening from the sunlight that danced through the window, and her tongue peeking out from her soft lips as she concentrated very hard not to screw up.

Herry couldn't see the almost destroyed wall, and uprooted tree. He was too distracted and upset to see the damage from just finding the stick. He ran to the others with his newfound evidence.

"Anything?" Asked Jay.

"Nothin'." Answered Atlanta, the rest just shook their head no. "Where's Herry?"

"Guys!" Herry called out, he became exposed by a street light, no more than three feet away He approached them a little closer. "This is Helen's." He produced the broken stick letting everyone see it.

Theresa picked it up, "It sure is." Atlanta joined Theresa and examined it also, she seized the two pieced stick from Theresa. "It's also in two pieces."

"That usually doesn't mean good."

"Where did you find this?" asked Odie.

"At one edge of the park behind a wall of trees."

"Come on, let's go." Called out Atlanta as she spurted off, they all ran off after her. She soon stopped, realizing she didn't know the exact location, letting Herry lead the way.

Herry pulled back the branches once again, now for the first time he saw the destruction he had missed the first time. The brick wall was toppling over, red bricks scattered all over the ground, the uprooted trees, and a few large dents left in the ground. They all investigated the crime scene looking for evidence, but they all knew who was guilty, Cronus.

"Looks like a hurricane hit literally."

"I know Cronus is behind this." Jay walked over to the uprooted tree.

"I agree." Nodded Theresa as she picked up a chipped brick.

Herry searched in a clump of bushes located at the bottom of the wall. There beneath the thorns laid a red field hockey ball. He reached through the thorny branches and retrieved it.

He tucked it into his pocket, cherishing what might be the last of Helen for all he knew what happened to her.

"Come on guys, it is too dark out, we'll come back in the morning." Jay suggested.

"Ya and my beauty sleep is calling." Yawned Neil

"We will need to tell Hermes though. You guys can head back, I'll go tell him."

"It's alright Jay, I can do it. Actually, I prefer it was me." Herry looked over at Jay. Jay nodded in reply.
Sign up to rate and review this story