Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Mind Games

Fun, Fluff and Visions

by jennieman 8 reviews

Naughty school girls and tickle fights, oh my!

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-05-30 - Updated: 2006-05-30 - 1453 words

0Unrated
A/N: I know, I know FINALLY updated. Sorry it took so long, I've just been too tired and lazy to type this up. But here it is. Yay! Hope you all enjoy, and please leave a review, lemme know what's good and what's bad.

Chapter Three: Fun, Fluff and Visions

Dinner was a slow, calm affair and dusk quietly fell as the heroes relaxed in the backyard. Jay had set up their wide hammock, and he and Theresa now lay resting comfortably on it, swinging gently. Conversation was held in a gentle hum, everyone sharing their summer adventures with one another.

Turns out Archie's parents had signed him up as a coach for a children's soccer camp, (Atlanta had had a good laugh at his expense, imagining him around children) while Odie had gone to visit Calypso on her island. Atlanta spent her two months in the Maritimes visiting various relatives, while Herry had stayed on the farm, taking care of Granny. Neil of course had been modeling for different ads, even landing a commercial. Theresa had entered into some martial arts tournaments, taking home a few medals. And Jay had spent the summer on the water.

Much like Jay, the others had found their return to normalcy not quite so easy. They had each tried to adjust in their own ways, but it was a silent agreement that they were all relieved to be together once more. School was starting again in two days, so plans to hit the mall were made. Odie and Neil wanted to check out new iPods, while Theresa wanted a new wardrobe.

"Honestly Theresa, aren't there more important things you could buy for school? Like books, paper, et cetera?" questioned Atlanta from her spot on the ground next to Archie. Jay glanced down at Theresa, he head at his feet, and raised an eyebrow. She scoffed at her friend.

"Of course not 'Lanta. Last year we didn't have time for fashion. Not to mention, most of our clothes were destroyed or ruined by stupid Cronus and his stupid monsters. And before that I went to private schools where we had to wear the ugliest uniforms. So I think there is no greater cause this year," she ranted. Neil raised his head from the lawn chair where he lay resting and gave her a mischievous smile.

"Private schools eh? And was Theresa a naughty little school girl?" he laughed. She shot him a smirk of her own.

"Like you wouldn't believe Neil, like you wouldn't believe," she replied smugly.

"Ooh, better watch it Terri, you might just be fulfilling a few school girl fantasies here," Archie chuckled, waggling his eyebrows comically. She and Atlanta both rolled their eyes.

"Oh god, I wouldn't want that," she sighed sarcastically. She glanced down at Jay, a smile and a blush clear on his face.

"This one's already blushing," she teased, poking his side with her toe. He yelped and squirmed away from her. Her eyes widened and she grinned.

"Jaayy," she drawled, inching closer to him. "Are you...ticklish?"

"No-o," he answered nervously, eyes shifting between Theresa and Archie in a silent plea for help. All he got was a smug smirk.

"Oh but I think you are," she cried, pouncing on her leader, fingers digging mercilessly into his ribs. He yelped frantically, trying to get away without hurting her. Everyone was hysterical, watching Jay's undignified attempt at escape. He grabbed Theresa's wrist and tried to push her off. It ended up with the both of them flipping over and then off the hammock altogether. Jay let out a grunt of pain as he landed roughly on his back, Theresa on his chest. The others fell silent, asking if they were alright.

He raised his head to glare at her, and when their eyes met, Theresa was overcome with a fit of giggling. He gave a gusty sigh and let his head drop as everyone broke out laughing again. A wicked smile crept over his face as he glanced down at the hopeless redhead. Her face was burrowed in his chest, hands fisted in his polo as she shook. Perfect, he thought. Pushing down quickly with one arm, he flipped her off suddenly, tickling her ruthlessly.

He laughed as she shrieked in surprise and outrage, demanding her freedom. He, of course, refused her outrageous demands, instead keeping her pinned to the ground and at his mercy. He only released her when she declared she would wet herself if he didn't stop, and Atlanta's cry that 'they were killing her'." So he gave in and sat up only to find that Atlanta and Odie had stolen the hammock. Jay huffed and leaned back on his elbows. Theresa lay bonelessly beside him, panting and giggling. He tilted his head up to the sky, letting the soft breeze and her gentle sounds wash over him.

They lay there quietly for some time, content with simply being in each other's presence. Theresa eventually reached a hand over to Jay lazily, but he caught it before it could inflict any more damage upon him. He looked down at her with a pointed look, and she rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm not going to tickle you again Jay," she yawned. "Honestly, I've learned my lesson."

"Oh. Alright then," he said sheepishly, releasing her hand. She sighed and tugged his arm out from under him, knocking him to the ground beside her.

"Look, the stars are out," she murmured, staring up at the twinkling sky. "Aren't they beautiful?"

"Mmmhmm. Beautiful," he whispered, glancing over at her sleepy expression, a fond smile on his face. "I spent a couple of nights on my boat just watching them."

"It's like they talk to you," she whispered, eyelids half lowered. She sighed and closed them, a soft yawn escaping her. "Sharing their secrets with you, if only you listen hard enough."

"That so?" he questioned through a yawn of his own, not really expecting an answer. Her breathing had slowed, and she lay there resting quietly. He chuckled softly, brushing her bangs off her cheek. Checking his watch, he wondered if he should try to wake her or just carry her in. The problem was solved for him moments later.

Bolting upright, her eyes opened frantically, Theresa gasped raggedly for breath, a cold sweat covering her trembling, tearing form. Jay immediately sat up with her, taking hold of her shoulders, concern etched on his face.

"Theresa?" he questioned softly. Everyone else had stopped dead. Theresa's visions were usually something to be taken seriously. But what could she be seeing now, with Cronus gone? She leaned back into Jay, covering her eyes with a shaking hand and let out a tremulous sigh.

'Theresa? What did you see?" asked Atlanta, crouching on her other side. Theresa shook her head and let her hand fall from her eyes to Jay's shirt, clutching at the fabric desperately, cheek resting on his shoulder.

"I-I didn't see anything really," she whispered. "One second I'm watching the stars, and the next everything went black. I just remember being c-cold and terrified of-of something. I don't know what, it just-I was just so scared, I couldn't-couldn't breath."

Jay rubbed her back soothingly as she wiped the tears from her face, sharing a glance with Atlanta.

"Well you'll see Persephone on Monday, maybe she can help you make sense of it," he told her in a comforting tone.

"Jay's right, and hey. In the meantime, you can shop till you drop tomorrow," Atlanta added with a smile, getting a small nod from her frightened friend. Jay stood, helping her to her feet, keeping an arm around her shoulders.

"Exactly. Shopping bright and early, so maybe we should call it a night," he suggested. Everyone agreed and they all slowly made their way into the brownstone, Herry putting the barbecue away, Odie and Archie grabbing trash and dishes. Jay walked Theresa to her room, hugging her goodnight. Archie and Atlanta came upstairs to their rooms, arguing the whole way. Jay stifled a laugh and crossed the hall to his room, bidding the two goodnight before gently shutting his door.

He hoped this vision wasn't too serious. He wanted this year to be fun and relaxing for everyone. And he had never seen Theresa so frightened before. She usually kept together pretty well in most situations, especially where her visions were concerned. Jay sighed as he flopped into bed. He hoped the day of shopping would make her feel better, and at least take her mind off of it for awhile, till she could talk to Persephone. He yawned and closed his eyes, letting the sandman capture his weary mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story