Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Kiba Inuzuka Love Story

Chapter 2 - First Impressions

by BlueEyesDontLie 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kiba - Published: 2011-06-23 - Updated: 2011-06-29 - 2489 words

1MarySue
Chapter 2 is here, Enjoy :D
Oh and if you didnt know, or were a bit confused, this story is being written in 2 points of view. (Kansura's and Kiba's.) Thanks!



This sucks. The apartment stinks, the landlords a complete jerk and I know no one ...you think to yourself as you unpack all your stuff. After finishing your tour around the village, Genma showed you to your apartment and left you to do as you like. The tour around the village wasn’t that bad, in fact it hadn’t really changed at all. The academy still looked the same, the streets are just how they used to be and the shops and stalls were all like you remembered.
You just couldn’t seem to enjoy yourself though. A wave of home sickness washed over you like a rug, making you long for your parents. You just wanted them to hug you one more time, and tell you that everything is going to be OK.
You picked up a note which was on your bed. On it had details and a map of a training field and below it in small printed writing was a few notes on where you had to meet your new team members. Again, your stomach filled with a nervous squirm. What if my team doesn’t like me? What if I’m weaker than all of them, and I drag the team down? A million thoughts ran through your head. Usually you were the confident type, and never questioned your abilities or decisions. But this time it was different, this time it mattered a lot more seeing that the Chunin exams are only two days away.
By the time you finished unpacking all your stuff, it was about 9 o clock. Your eyes were growing tired and you decided it was time to get some rest, before havng to get up and meet your new team mates in the morning.




As the alarm echoed the next morning, you dragged yourself out of bed to shut it off. You sat up in bed, staring at the ground. There it was again, that nervous feeling swarming your stomach. Get it together Kansura; you’ll be stuck here for at least a year. You need to accept all of this, because it isn’t going to change any time soon.
You got up and got dressed into your normal clothes; black Nin pants, with black Nin sandals and your khaki green boob tube. You gave your hair a quick brush, had some breakfast then brushed your teeth. You didn’t bother getting all dressed up, because who were you trying to impress?
After finally getting ready, you grab your gear and the directions and headed down to the training field. It wasn’t very sunny that day, as thick grey clouds covered the sky and hid the sun’s rays behind them. People from the village wondered the streets, gazing at shops and looking at you strangely. At first you didn’t know why they were looking at you, but then you realised why. You were a new face to the village and unfamiliar. You just shrugged it off; you didn’t care what anyone thought of you, if they had a problem they could go tell someone who cared, you weren’t here to impress anyone.
As you neared the training field, you could see 4 figures standing beneath a tree. 2 of them seemed to look like girls, and the other 2 were boys. As you got closer, you could see that one of the females was your Sensei. She looked nice enough, but you couldn’t really tell until you actually met her. The other girl looked very shy; she didn’t quite meet your gaze. She wore dark blue pants and had short black hair. Her eyes were very distinctive, you recognised them almost immediately. They were the eyes of the Hyuga clan. You tried to remember seeing this girl back when you were at the academy, but no memories came to mind. The other team member was a rather tall boy with a light greeny/grey coat and dark tinted glasses. His hands rested comfortably in his pockets as he watched you walk over. The other boy wasn’t quite as tall as the other, but was still taller than you. He had dark brown scruffy hair, tanned skin and two red upside down triangles on either side of his cheek. You recognised him from when you went to the academy; he was always skipping class with Naruto. The first thing that popped into your head was how good looking he was. Damn, I guess I should have got dressed up after all....“Good morning Kansura, welcome to Team 8” said Kurenai as she smiled. She took a few steps towards you and held out her hand. You forced a smile and shook it, whilst saying hello back. “These will be the people you will be spending most of your time with whilst you reside here in the leaf village. This here is Hinata Hyuga, the boy to your right is Shino Abrume and the other boy there is Kiba Inuzuka.”
You didn’t shake their hands. You looked at each and nodded, still ignoring the fact that one of your team mates is so good looking. Kurenai looked at you all, before breaking the awkward silence. “So you’re the quiet type I see,” she said, folding her arms.
“I’m not quiet. There’s just nothing really to say.”
“Well, a hello wouldn’t go astray,” said Kiba, folding his arms. “After all, we didn’t really get a choice to accept you into this team, so maybe you should try getting to know us seeing that the Chunin exams are tomorrow.”
His voice was filled with annoyance. It was quite clear that he didn’t want you in this group, and that he wasn’t going to put up with anyone’s shit. “Well what am I meant to say dog boy,” you said, crossing your arms.
Kiba growled. “Is this girl serious?” he replied, looking at Kurenai. “Ask us about how this team works, our abilities, our weaknesses- anything! Just because you’re new, doesn’t mean this team will revolve around you. Cos’ right now, you aren’t making a great first impression.”
“Kiba.” Said Shino, trying to calm him down. He looked at the Inuzuka as if to say stop, and he did whilst narrowing his eyes to the side.
You didn’t say anything, because you didn’t want to make the situation worse than it already was. Obviously he didn’t want you on his team, and you didn’t want to be on it ether. You wanted to go back to your village, with your old friends, with your old life. “Are we done?” you asked Kurenai.
“Listen Kansura, tomorrow means a lot to these three genin. They have worked really hard to get here, and they aren’t going to let some snotty little kid slow them down.” You stood there in shock. “You won’t be leaving just yet; today will also be our first training session. They need to know how you move, your strong and weak points and your attitude towards this whole concept. The training will begin now.”
You didn’t bother arguing, and you just nodded. She only wanted to test your Tai Jutsu, so she paired you up with Shino as the others watched you spar.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Who does this girl think she is... thought Kiba as he sat down beneath the tree. He was angry about the way you acted, and had built an immediate grudge. “K-Kiba,” said Hinata softly.
“What?”
“Maybe she is just nervous. She did have to leave e-everything behind, r-r-remember?” her voice was full of nerves. Speaking up to Kiba was not something she did very often. He lowered his eyes before realising Hinata was right. Maybe he was a little hard on her; after all, she did have to leave her parents, friends and village behind. “I guess you’re right, Hinata. But still, she could have at least said hello. We’re her team mates.”
Kiba lifted his eyes to focus on you and Shino’s battle. His eyes widened with surprise, as he realised you had the upper hand. Whoa, she’s beating Shino? Maybe this girl is something after all... Kiba crossed his arms in interest and continued to watch the battle. Kiba noticed that your Tai Jutsu was really good, and that every blow you gave to Shino packed a lot of punch. Ok, so her tai Jutsu is pretty good. Doesn’t mean she won’t be a pain tomorrow. Kiba continued to watch and his eyes widened with shock when he saw you deliver a final blow, knocking Shino to the ground.
“Ok, that’s enough for today,” said Kurenai. “Well done Kansura, you did well. Shino isn’t an easy opponent you know.”
Kiba smiled slightly when he saw you smile in victory. He watched as you walked and collapsed against the tree, puffing in exhaustion. “Not bad new kid, I guess you just have to show us what else you got tomorrow, when the real challenge begins.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Come on Kansura, you almost got this. One more punch....Shino collapsed to the ground. Yes! I did it! Kurenai ceased the sparring there, before telling you that you did a good job. You made your way over to the tree where Kiba and Hinata sat watching, before falling back onto it exhausted. “Not bad new kid, I guess you just have to show us what else you got tomorrow, when the real challenge begins.”
New ‘kid’? What does he think I am some kind of baby? You lifted your water bottle to your mouth before quickly sculling the icy cold liquid. Shino was a tougher opponent then you thought. Something inside you wished that you could have versed Kiba though, seeing he was the one that had the problem with you. You wiped the sweat away from your brow and stood up. “Are we finished?” you asked through tired puffs.
“For today. Listen Kansura, you’re lucky you were accepted onto this team. I know it seems that you don’t want to be here, but if it wasn’t for the Hokage you wouldn’t be attempting the Chunin exams at all tomorrow. We had to base your acceptation on your skill and reports from your previous village, so please try and put some effort into this exam. Not just for you, but for your new team members too.”
You understood where Kurenai Sensei was coming from, but it was hard to just settle in and accept people within one day. “Ok Sensei. Now if you’re done, I would like to be on my way.” She gave you some directions and information for where to meet for the Chunin exams, before saying your goodbyes.
As you walked along the now empty street, you saw a familiar figure standing up ahead. Naruto? You quickened your pace before finally standing a few metres away from him. He looked at you for a while, before yelling out a loud “KANSURA?”
“That would be me,” you smiled.
“HEYYY! What are you doing back here? I thought you left years ago!” a large grin was plastered across his face.
“Yeah, my parents and I had to leave 6 years ago for personal reasons. Right now, my village is undergoing an attempted invasion from our neighbouring village, and my parents wanted me to come back so I don’t get hurt. It’s stupid if you ask me, I can look after myself...” You kicked at the earth beneath you. It had only been two days and you missed your parents like crazy.
“Well, I wouldn’t go that far. You’re a girl remember,”
You looked back up at Naruto and frowned. ‘What’s that supposed to mean?”
“Well, girls can’t really look after themselves, they’re not strong enough.”
You felt like curling your fist into a ball and punching Naruto square in the face. Not strong enough? He’s looking at the girl that bet 8 out of 10 boys in the Annual ninja tournament back at the Earth Village! How dare he say that I’m weak!Despite all of your rage building up inside of you, you decided to let it slide. You knew about Naruto and what he had inside of him. Back when you used to attend the academy, Naruto was always a kid that never quite fitted in. He was constantly teased, and found it hard to do things that others found easy. After school when your parents would come pick you up, you always noticed that Naruto was by himself. He had no parents, no brothers or sisters, and no one to watch over him. He was alone. So it wasn’t his fault that sometimes he made mistakes, it was just something you had to accept.
“Hmm, Ok Naruto. Anyway, are you excited about the exam tomorrow?” You asked, trying to change the subject.
“Am I ever!” he replied, still his grin still covering his face. “You just wait Kansura; I’m gonna smash this exam! Everyone should better watch out, because Naruto Uzumaki is gonna beat every single one of ya!”
You smiled and laughed with Naruto. The kid had such high hopes and a positive attitude, you couldn’t help but smile when you were in his presence.
After saying your goodbyes to Naruto, you headed back to your apartment. Your body ached from your battle with Shino but overall you were happy with yourself. You certainly proved that you were strong enough, even though you come across a bit spoilt. But there was still one thing that was bugging you. Kiba Inuzuka. A part of you wanted to impress him, but another part of you wanted to knock his lights out. Argh! Why does someone so good looking have to be so annoying? _______________________________________________________________________________________________


Kiba walked along the narrow gravel road leading to his house. Akamaru walked beside him, wagging his tail happily and not once leaving his owners side. “So, what do you think of the new kid boy?” Kiba asked whilst patting him softly on the head.
Akamaru let out a cheerful bark.
“You like her?” Kiba asked in a shocked tone. “But, she’s so, I dunno, annoying!”
Akamaru let out another 3 barks.
“What? I wasn’t looking at her! Sure, I was watching Shino and her battle, but I wasn’t checking her out!” Akamaru showed a sneaky grin before trotting off ahead. “Silly dog...” Kiba mumbled. “As if I was checking her out, the girl has social issues if you ask me. I guess she was kinda good looking..... But that doesn’t change the fact that she’s annoying!”
Sign up to rate and review this story