Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Kiba Inuzuka Love Story

Chapter 3 - Let Go, Dog Boy.

by BlueEyesDontLie 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kiba - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-26 - Updated: 2011-06-29 - 1582 words

0Illiterate
The sun crept through your bedroom window the next morning, slowly spreading its rays of light throughout your room. Your alarm clock started to beep as you sluggishly shut it off. Today was the big day, the day of the Chunin exams.
You did the usual; brush your hair, get dressed, have breakfast, brush your teeth. You noticed that you took extra care doing your hair today, much to your own disgust. What the hell am I doing, getting all dressed up! Kansura, you don’t want to impress that guy. He’s annoying, remember? You quickly tied your leaf ninja head band around your left arm, before grasping your earth village head band in your hand for good luck. You placed it back on your bed before slowly exiting your apartment and heading towards the destination of part 1 of the Chunin exam.
As you arrived in the building, you noticed that there were many ninja’s that filled the room from different villages. Sand Village ninja, Grass Village ninja, Sound Village ninja – you name it, they were there. The next thing you knew, someone had bumped into you, almost knocking you to the ground. “Hey, watch it you little germ!” yelled the girl. She glared at you and moved closer. “If you ever touch me again, I swear this will be the last time you ever get to see this room.” She pushed you out of her way and walked off before you had a chance to say anything back. Pfft, stupid rain village brat. You saw Kiba, Shino and Hinata seated with a few other Leaf Village Genin on the other side of the room and hesitated on whether or not to walk over. Hinata met your gaze and quietly waved you over, so you nodded and started to make your way over to your team mates. As you arrived, you saw Naruto and his team. You immediately recognised Saskue Uchiha; he was the guy that all the girls back at the academy drooled over. You never really took an interest in him though because you seem to like the more outgoing guys. The other girl you could remember also, for her pink hair was hard to forget. Then there were a few others; all you could remember slightly. Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji, and then there were the older students Neji, Tenten and Lee.
The only spare spot was next to Kiba, so you reluctantly went and stood next to him. “Well well, let’s just hope you’re in a better mood today.” He said quietly, not even bothering to look at you.
“Don’t forget dog boy, you’re the one with the grudge.” I replied, still scanning my eyes across the room.
“Me? A grudge? Sorry little Miss Princess, but you’re the one who thought it was too much of an effort to say hello yesterday.”
You grinded your teeth in frustration. You hated it when you lost something, physically and verbally. You didn’t really have anything to say back, and when you decided to ignore what he said you could see him smirking out of the corner of your eye. “Wipe that smile off your face.” You said as you continued to watch the others socialise. You were happy that they couldn’t hear you and Kiba bickering.
“Is that an order?” he laughed, as he straightened himself up. “Last I checked you were the new kid, not the team leader.”
You weren’t really used to people arguing back to you. Back at the earth village, you were respected for being strong, and people looked up to you as a person. You were nice to them for that, as long as they were happy, you were happy. “Whatever Kiba, I’m not going to fight with you. I have been told how bad you and the other two want this, and I’m not going to get in an argument with you and stuff it up.”
Kiba’s grin faded into more of a serious stare. “Well I’m glad you realised that,” he said as focused his gaze on you. “Just try to keep it that way."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kiba glared at you with a slightly appreciative look settled upon his face. “Well I’m glad you realised that, Just try to keep it that way.” Hmm, maybe she does realise this is serious, he thought as he continued to look at you. First it seems as if she doesn’t care, and then the next minute she is all severe about it? Man, this girl is just full of surprises, isn’t she. Kiba scratched the back of his head and looked around the room. He focused his gaze on mainly 3 ninja with sand village symbol on their head bands. They look like trouble, he thought as he continued to study them. That gore on his back... That doesn’t look like good news. He then shifted his gaze from the sand ninja onto Akamaru, who was slightly whimpering. “What’s wrong boy?” he whispered softly. Akamaru continued to cry, making Kiba feel nervous. “It’s those sand village ninja, isn’t it? I had the same feeling.” All of a sudden, He saw your eyes light up. You started to walk away, but then without any control, he grabbed your hand tightly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________


You continued to scan your eyes around the room. Then your mouth dropped as your eyes lit up. I don’t believe this! Across the room, you spotted an earth village head band. As you looked closer, you saw that it was your best friend, Yinshamaru. Without having control over what you were doing, you decided to run over to her. Your feet started to move until you felt someone have a tight hold of your hand.”Uh,Kiba?” you asked, as you saw a wary look upon his face. He didn’t look at you, for his eyes were still focused on something up ahead. “Hey dog boy, do you wanna release the grip?” he then snapped out of his daze and focussed his eyes on you.
“Where do you think you’re going?” he asked, still grabbing your hand tightly.
“Uhh, over to see my friends?” you said with a hint of annoyance in your voice. Why the hell does he have this hold on me? “So yeah, you can let go any time now.”
He released the grip on your hand but still was looking at you with a protective expression on his face. “Just stay away from the three sand ninja over there,” he said, slyly pointing at the 3 ninja. “They’re bad news.”
“Umm, ok, whatever dog boy. I’m sure I can look after myself.” Kiba rolled his eyes and watched you walk over to your friends. He didn’t take his eyes off of you the whole time.
“Yinshamaru!" you said excitingly as you braced her in a hug.
“Kansura? Oh my god, it is you!” she returned the hug and smiled at you happily. “Fancy seeing you here hey?”
“Well, you can’t expect the Chunin exams to be held at the village where I now live, and not plan to see me.” You smiled and glanced behind her. Standing to her left and right were your two other best friends, Sae-Lee and Iya. “Were you the only three that were selected?” you asked, glancing around the room to see if there was anyone else. “What about all the boys? Weren’t they chosen to participate?” the three girls shifted their gazes to the ground. Yinshamaru’s dark red hair fell over her face. “The boys are all staying back to protect the village....” she said as her voice trailed off into sadness. “The invasion... They were asked to stay back and help out.”
“Oh yeah, I guess I forgot about that...” you said as you remembered what was going on back at your village. Sae-lee decided to change the subject as she realised it was getting everyone down. “So Kansura, wanna tell us about your new team mates? The one with the dog looks pretty fine if you asked me,” all the girls started giggling in little flirtatious laughs, as they eyed off the Inuzuka from across the room. “Yeah, I’ll have him if you’re not interested!” added Yinshamaru, giving Kiba a little wave. You quickly glanced at Kiba in embarrassment as you watched him wave awkwardly back.
“Guys!” you laughed, trying to snap them out of their daze. “You can’t have him.” You froze as those words came out of your mouth. What the hell? When did I all of a sudden have dibbs on this guy?! I don’t like him, he’s annoying remember!?
“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realise he was already taken?” said Yinshamaru with a large grin spread across her face.
“I didn’t mean it like that!” you shot back, trying to cover up what you just said. “That guy, he’s annoying, trust me. He’s the type of person that always has to disagree on everything you say, and he is always trying to stir you up. Trust me, he’s nothing special.”
The other girls just laughed it off. When you heard the announcer start to speak, you quickly said your goodbyes before walking back over to your squad. Well, it’s all about to begin, you thought as you took in a final, deep breath.
Sign up to rate and review this story