Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Kiba Inuzuka Love Story

Chapter 4 - Let The Exams, Begin!

by BlueEyesDontLie 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kiba - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-27 - Updated: 2011-06-29 - 1721 words

-1TrainWreck
“Welcome everyone, to the first stage of the Chunin exams. My name is Ibiki, and I’ll be your instructor for the first exam.”
Everyone watched as Ibiki spoke. The whole room was silent; no one dared to say a word to aggravate the rather large man that stood before you. “The first stage of this exam will be a written paper asking you to solve questions, situations and equations based on your own ninja knowledge. There is one catch though.”
The door at the front of the room opened, and in walked a large number of leaf village Chunin and Jonin. The whole room watched as they all took a seat around the outsides of the class room, holding in their hands clipboards with a piece of paper and pen. A few of the students mumbled in confusion but you remained silent. “This group of Chunin and Jonin will be watching your every move. So if any of you little brats try to cheat and get caught, you will be disqualified from the exam and your team mates will suffer the same expulsion.” You all of a sudden felt the room sink into a tense, terrified silence. What? If one of our squad gets caught cheating, the rest of us get evicted from the exam too? Your stomach started to turn in nerves. There’s that nervous feeling again. You clasped your stomach with your hand and exhaled. You could feel Kiba looking at you from the corner of your eye as you continued to hold your stomach. “Are you ok?” he whispered, but almost as if he had to force the question out of his mouth. He didn’t really sound that concerned, but at least he put in the effort to ask you.
“I’m fine.” You replied shortly, re focusing your eyes to the front of the room.

“Now everyone hurry up and take your seat at a desk, the exam will begin shortly.”

All the students stood up and started to shuffle into chairs and desks. You didn’t manage to get a seat near anyone from your team, but as you glanced around the room you noticed that most of the teams were split up. “You may begin the exam!” called Ibiki from the front.
You glanced down onto your exam sheet. Your stomach turned more than ever before as you read the first question. What! How the hell am I meant to know this? You seriously had no idea, so you decided to skip to the next question. But that didn’t help, because it was even more difficult than the first one. These questions just get harder and harder as you move on, but how are students meant to know all of these? You were a fairly intelligent student, and your grades were always high. But yet, these questions were so difficult and you were starting to stress out. You glanced around the room until you spotted Shino. Wait, was that a... you saw a small, black insect fly from one table and onto Shino’s finger. Of course! Shino was using his bugs to cheat and find the answers to his paper. You then looked over at Kiba, and noticed he was also cheating. He was using Akamaru to look at other peoples answers, and then tell them to Kiba.
So that’s what this exam was all about. They weren’t telling you not to cheat, they were telling you not to get caught cheating. No wonder the questions were so hard, they were testing either your knowledgeable skill, or your physical abilities and tactics you would use to get the answers you needed. You laughed quietly to yourself. This is one smart village.
The next minute, you feel something fly past your face, missing your skin by just millimetres. What? They haven’t caught me cheating have they?! Your heart started to race a hundred miles an hour. Oh no. Kiba is going to kill me, I’ve just ruined their chances of becoming a Chunin.
“Contestant number 25, that’s 3 strikes. Disqualified.”

Behind you sat a boy, maybe a bit older than you, staring horrifically at the Kunai knife that had landed upon his desk. “What!” he said angrily as he stood up.
“You heard us. That’s 3 strikes. You and your team mates leave the room, NOW.” From across the room stood another two students, both male. Their heads hung in disappointment as they exited the room. Wow, these guys aren’t messing around. They’re serious about this disqualification stuff.
You then started to devise a way to cheat. Then you noticed something, something that made you smile in revenge. Seated in the row in front of you was the girl from the hidden rain village. She seemed to know what she was doing, for she was busy solving all the answers to her exam questions. Time for a little pay back you thought as you decided to put your abilities to the test. You focused your eyes on her arm. “Mind command Jutsu.” You whispered softly as the girls arm slowly began to raise. Her facial expression dropped to that of confusion and terror as you controlled her movements and limbs with your eyes. You made her hold her exam in her hands as she showed the rows of students behind her the answers. It looked as if she was purposely showing you her paper, and that’s what you hoped it looked like to. After copying the first 5 answers down, you dropped the Jutsu and looked over at the Jonin which was seated across from her. He was looking directly at her, and then he scribbled something down onto his clipboard before looking up again. That’s strike one, you thought happily as you focused your eyes back onto her arm. Again, you made her lift her exam paper and show it to the row behind you, almost as if it was on purpose. After getting another 3 answers you stop, and glance over at the Jonin. He shook his head and scribbled something again on his clip board. That’s strike two.
The girl in front was starting to panic. She was shaking and looking at her arms as if what she was doing was her fault. You couldn’t help but giggle as you watched her stress out and go into a state of confusion as she continued to wonder what was going on with her arm. Ok Kansura, one more time. Only 2 more answers to go. You repeated the Jutsu and copied down the last two answers.
“Contestant number 87, Disqualified.”
“What! No! Please, it wasn’t me, I wasn’t doing that!” she cried as she jumped out of her seat.
“Just shut up kid, you’re gone.”
You watched as she left the room in tears, along with her fellow squad mates. Hah, that will teach her to mess with me you thought as they finally exited the room. You felt kind of bad for her other two team mates, but being a ninja meant you had to do stuff like that, even if you don’t want to.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Just shut up kid, you’re gone.”
Kiba watched as the three students exited the room. Hmm, not bad Kansura, not bad he thought as he watched you smile in revenge. He had finished his exam a while ago, and since then had been watching you do your thing with the Rain Village girl. As much as Kiba hated to admit it, he was impressed. Telekinesis was not something a lot of ninja’s had, and it would defiantly be an advantage on the team. “That was pretty smart, hey boy.” Whispered Kiba to Akamaru. Akamaru just wagged his tale and barked happily, giving his owner a lick on the cheek. “She was the only one I was worried about. I know Shino would have been fine, Hinata’s smart enough to work out the answers herself and I had you, so there was no worry there.” Kiba smiled to himself happily and leant back in his chair. He watched as one by one more students were disqualified, smiling as he realised that he was getting closer and closer to becoming a Chunin.
“Ok, cease writing!” called Ibiki from the front of the room. Everyone dropped their pencils and faced the front, waiting for Ibiki to continue talking. As he spoke, Kiba noticed that all 3 of the sand village genin were still there. Damn, too bad they didn’t get caught; it would have made our chances a lot easier....
Ibiki then said something about students leaving if they weren’t ready for the exam. A lot of the students cracked under the pressure, but Kiba just sat back and smiled. “We got this in the bag Akamaru!”
Deep inside though, he was hoping you wouldn’t crack. He was pretty convinced that you would stay calm and composed but he knew you were the kind of girl who is constantly changing, so he did kind think there was a chance you would bail out on them. Akamaru looked at Kiba and softly barked. “I’m ok boy, just a bit worried that the new kid will bail out on us, that’s all.”
“Arf Arf!”
“What! Akamaru, you have to get the idea out of your head that I like her. I don’t, she is annoying and is constantly changing the way she thinks and stuff. I just want to get this exam over with so I can stop worrying about becoming a Chunin and go and do some real missions.”
Akamaru curled up in his owner’s jacket as they both sighed in relief. Ibiki’s speech was over and no one from Kiba’s team or the rookie 9 had cracked. They were all heading for the second part of the Chunin exam, and the four of you couldn’t wait.



So that was chapter 4, Please Review and tell me what you think! :)
(Oh and I forgot to mention that everyone in this story is 16/17 years old, not 12 and 13 like in the television series. If you dont like it, please don't flame. Just stop reading. 'Constructive Critisism' is accepted though.)
Chapter 5 up soon! Just doing some editiing. Please review, Thankyouuu :D
Sign up to rate and review this story