Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > In A Hail Of Bullets

Horror Movie Marathon

by HippieSlacker_ 2 reviews

Taryn hangs out with Gerard and Mikey, and then something exciting happens. This is where it starts to get good (Pehaps)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-28 - Updated: 2011-06-29 - 1001 words

1Ambiance
The rest of Taryn’s day went by smoothly. In fact, she had almost forgotten the incident with Will. She had just about an hour left before her shift ended and really couldn’t wait to get home and just relax. As she was clearing off a table, she noticed Gerard walk in. He was with some tall scrawny guy with messy hair and glasses. She took the dishes into the kitchen and walked over to take their order.
“Hi Gerard.” She said as she dug her notepad out of her pocket.
“Hey Taryn” he said, “This is my little brother Mikey” He motioned to the scrawny guy.
“Nice to meet you, Mikey.” She said with a smile, “I’m Gerard’s annoying next-door neighbor.”

“God, she had a brilliant smile” Gerard thought to himself as Taryn introduced herself to Mikey.
“So, can I get you guys something to drink?” She asked
Mikey looked at the menu “Do you have coke zero?”
She shook her head. “We have diet coke.”
“I’ll have water.”
Gerard chuckled at his little brother “I’ll have diet coke.”
“Okay, I’ll be right back.” Taryn said with a smile.

When Taryn came back with their drinks Mikey had an idea.
“Hey, Taryn.” he said, “Me and Gerard are having a horror movie marathon tonight. Would you care to join us?”
Gerard nearly spat out the soda he was drinking.
“Oh, I don’t want to interrupt brotherly bonding…”
“Oh, no! I insist!” Mikey chirped.
“Well, if you guys don’t mind, then sure. I have a few zombie flicks I can bring over.”
“Sounds good to me.” Mikey said.
Gerard just nodded.

They ordered their food and Taryn walked back to the kitchen.
“What the hell did you do that for?” Gerard asked Mikey, slightly angry.
“Well, I knew you wouldn’t ask her to hang out. Chill out, dude. I’ll be there the whole time.”
Gerard glared at his little brother. He was up to something.

Later that evening, Gerard decided to clean his living room up before his guests came over. He wouldn’t have bothered if it was just Mikey. He was slightly worried about what his little brother was up to. There was a knock on his door.
“Come on in.” Gerard called.
It was just Mikey. “Hey man, I brought the snacks!”
“Just set ‘em on the table.” Gerard said as he tied up a full trash bag.
Then there was another knock on his door.
“I’ll get it!” Mikey sang as he got off the couch and went to the door.


“Hey guys.” Taryn said as she walked in. She sat a couple dvds on the table and sat on the couch.
“What are we watching first?”
Gerard shrugged. “You choose.”
He brought a couple of beers over and sat them on the coffee table along with the movies and snacks. He picked up the stack of movies Taryn had brought over.
“Night of the Living Dead” “Dawn of the Dead” “The Astrozombies” “City Of The Living Dead”.
“I see you’re a fan of the classics. Pick one.” Gerard said as he handed her the stack of movies.
Tarynn put in “City of the Living Dead” and sat back down on the couch. Twenty minutes into the movie, Mikey’s phone rang. He walked into the kitchen to answer it.
“Sorry guys, I’m needed.” He said as he picked up his jacket.
“What?” Gerard said.
“Yeah, they need someone to work the nightshift. Later guys.”
Then he left. For the next ten minutes, neither of them said anything. But Gerard, after nearly drinking two whole beers, began to feel more talkative.

For the next few hours they just talked. They kept putting new movies in, but never really paid attention to them. They talked about music, about their childhoods, and about high school. They talked about past relationships. They talked about art. After a while, Taryn looked at her watch.
“Holy shit! It’s 3 a.m.”
“Whoa, really?”
Taryn nodded. “I guess I better get going.”
“Yeah, I’m feeling pretty tired myself.”
Taryn stood up. Gerard didn’t really want her to go, but what could he say? He’d only just met her yesterday.
As Taryn stood up, she pondered sitting back down and staying a while. But, since she’d already mentioned leaving, she thought she better go. She walked over to the door.
“I’ll see you around, Gerard.” She said as she opened the door. She walked out and the door closed behind her, making a click sound that echoed in Gerard’s apartment.

Gerard sighed and laid back on the couch, and he happened to catch a glimpse of Taryn’s movies out of the corner of his eye. Without even thinking, he grabbed them and jumped up off the couch. Quickly, he left his apartment and walked to Taryn’s door. For some reason, he was nervous. His heart was beating nearly two times faster than normal when he knocked on the door. About a minute later, Taryn answered the door.
“You forgot these.” He said as he held out her the movies.

Taryn looked up at her neighbor. His black hair was falling over his green-brown eyes, and she had the strangest urge to brush his hair out of his face.
She shook her head. “That’s not all I forgot.”
Gerard didn’t even have time to be confused before Taryn wrapped her arms around his neck, and planted her lips on his. After the initial shock, Gerard responded. He dropped the movies on the ground, and put one hand behind her head, and the other on her cheek. The kiss was passionate, yet gentle. And even though they both had alcohol on their breath, Gerard could smell the hint of Taryn’s perfume. Just as Gerard had deepened their kiss, they were interrupted.
“What the fuck is this?” They heard an angry voice say.
Sign up to rate and review this story