Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Kiba Inuzuka Love Story

Chapter 6 - Don't Act Like You Know Me.

by BlueEyesDontLie 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kiba - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-29 - Updated: 2011-06-30 - 1212 words

0TrainWreck
You all decided that you should take a break and cool down after what just happened. You were still a tad shaken up, along with the rest of the team also.
“Hinata and I are going to scout the area; just to make sure no one can ambush us while we’re resting. We will be back in at least thirty minutes. Is that ok with you with you two?” Shino asked while he and Hinata gathered up any gear that they needed. You awkwardly looked at Hinata as if to say don’t leave you alone with Kiba, but she didn’t really have a say in the matter.

“Yeah, whatever” Mumbled Kiba as he sat breaking pieces of twig off a stick.

“Yeah, I guess so” you added. You didn’t really want to be left alone with him for a number of reasons; One, you didn’t have much in common (well, from what you have found out over the past two days.) Two, you figured it would be slightly awkward, seeing that you don’t really get along. And three, you still felt bad (and stupid) about what just happened, and weren’t really in the mood for a lecture.

“Ok, well we’ll be going then. We’ll be back in thirty minutes.” And with that, Shino and Hinata slowly disappeared into the darkness of the forest. It was silent for a good few minutes until Kiba entered a coughing fit again. Hmm, I guess I better go offer him water or something; after all he did save me...You walked over to him and offered him your bottle of water. “Here, you can have some of this,”

He took the bottle of water and had a couple of mouthfuls. “Thanks.” He mumbled.

“You know, I am sorry about what happened before,” you said, scratching the back of your neck and looking to the side.

“Yeah, I know.”

“And I’m sorry if you got hurt...”

“Ok.”

“Now you’re the one who’s not talking...” you said as you started to walk away.

“Well you heard what Ino said before, didn’t you?”

You stopped walking and turned around.”Huh?”

“She said I talk too much, but when I don’t talk you have a go at me? Gee, you girls are so confusing, not to mention annoying.”

“Annoying?” you said as crossed your arms. “You’re to talk!”

“Well you are! All you’ve done since you’ve been here is ignore everything we say or try your hardest not to be around us! We’re your team mates Kansura, you’re meant to open up to us!”

“I’ve only been here for two days, how do you expect me to open up and become best friends in that amount of time?” you felt your face going hot with anger.

“Well don’t make it out to be such an effort then, you can at least try! If you don’t wanna be here, then don’t. No one’s making you!”

“I don’t want to be here! And believe me, if it were up to me I wouldn’t choose to be in this stupid excuse for a village! And to correct what you just said, someone is making me come here, my parents who I may never see again!” you could feel tears swelling up in your eyes. You quickly turned around and ran towards the creek before he could see you cry.

You sat against a tree next to the water, cradling your knees and chucking leaf litter into the water whilst watching it get taken away by the current. Slowly, the leaves would flow calmly down the creek before gradually sinking to the bottom. Tears streamed slowly down your cheeks as you thought about your parents. You missed them so much that it would make your heart ache. You needed something, or someone to fill the spot inside you that your parents once filled. You kept telling yourself that you would see them again, but there was always that voice inside of you that would suggest they could die during the invasion. As much as you tried to ignore that voice, it wouldn’t go away.

“Hey...” a voice said from behind you. Kiba was slowly making his way down to the creek. You looked at him, and then back at the creek again. “Listen, I’m sorry about the way I acted back there...”

You quickly wiped away the tears so Kiba couldn’t see them. “Yeah, whatever... I don’t care.”
You said through soft sobs.

“No really, I am. I had no right to say what I did... I don’t know anything about your past or your old village, or anything about why you even came back for that matter. But I do know I shouldn’t have said what I said, and I hope you forgive me.” Kiba didn’t bother to look at you, but he did say it with meaning. Whoa, where is this sensitive Kiba coming from?

“Well?” he asked.

“Yeah.” You replied softly.

“You know, you’re not making this any easier.” He was looking at you now, waiting for your reply.

“Ok, I forgive you. But don’t go speaking to me as if you know me, because you don’t.”

“Ok. But you gotta ease up on the attitude as well; you haven’t exactly been that friendly either.”

“Yeah, I guess. Sorry about that...” you managed to force a tiny laugh. “I just miss my old village...”

“But hey, on the bright side, you can make a heap of new friends here?” he was smiling now. “But then again, you’re not that great at that either...”
For the first time since you arrived, you laughed. You gave him a soft punch on the arm as he laughed with you, smiling about the way you told Ino off earlier. After you finished laughing, you turned and looked at Kiba. “I know I have already said it, but Thanks for saving me back there. I really appreciate it.”

“Eh, don’t mention it. I owed you for saving my life earlier anyway.”

Again you smiled and for the next 15 minutes you sat talking down by the creek with Kiba, about the academy days, what you like, what he likes, and just overall getting to know each other. You could have kept talking for ages, but you were interrupted by a familiar voice. “Well, seems that you to seem to be getting along just fine” You looked up to see Shino and Hinata on the other side of the creek, standing casually against a tree. You saw Kiba’s face go slightly red as he went quiet.

“How long have you been standing there?” he asked in a slightly embarrassed tone.

“Long enough.” Replied Shino. “Come on, we have to move. Hinata and I spotted some sand village ninja nearby, we better get out of here quick.”
With that, you all quickly packed up your gear and headed off again, awaiting your next destination- The Tower.


There's another chapter :D I wont update another chapter untill after the holidays, but please review and tell me what you think! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story