Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Kiba Inuzuka Love Story

Chapter 7 - The Tower

by BlueEyesDontLie 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kiba - Published: 2011-07-18 - Updated: 2011-07-18 - 1541 words

0TrainWreck
The trip to the tower was a piece of cake. You were lucky enough not to run into those Sand Ninja that Kiba was worried about and to add to your luck, you managed to find the second scroll which you needed to gather. You thought you were the first team to make it to the tower, so you all decided to take another break and cool down and possibly prepare for whatever was about to happen next.

The tower was large, dark and empty. There wasn’t furniture or seating facilities, nor was there carpet or anything covering the walls. It was all cold, hard concrete. There wasn’t much lighting in the place either, just the little amount of daylight which seeped through the cracks in the walls, roof and windows. As you walked in you noticed that it was cold. A shiver ran down your spine but you didn’t think it was because of the bitter temperature, you were a tad creeped out about the place. You felt as if you had been in a place like it before, like you recognised it. This place; why do I feel like I’ve been near something like this before? It’s kind of a weird feeling, it’s not this place that I’ve seen, it’s something like it... something similar...

“Kansura?”

You snapped out of your thoughts when Shino was trying to talk to you. “Huh? Sorry, what did you say?”

“I said that Hinata and Kiba are going to look around the place for a tap, we need to refill our water bottles. Did you want to come?”

“Uh, yeah, I guess.” You said as you grabbed your bottle from your pack. You all gathered round as Shino described what you will do.

“Ok, so I think we should all split up. This place is big, and if all of us just walk in one group looking for a water source, it will be to slow. Other teams will be arriving soon so the quicker we find a tap the better. If you do come in contact with another team, don’t make any contact with them. Just meet back in this spot and wait until we arrive. Can everyone follow
that?”

“Aww, can’t we just go in pairs or something?” complained Kiba.

“Well, you have Akamaru so I guess you’re already in a pair.” Replied Shino.

Kiba scratched the back of his head and smiled. “Oh yeah, I guess I forgot about that.”

We all nodded and sparred off to look for a water tap. You walked down one corridor, before turning right into an empty room. It was still slightly dark, but luck was on your side as you saw a tap in the corner. Bingo, you thought as walked towards it. You were in the middle of filling up your water bottle when you heard something coming from behind you. You lifted your head but didn’t turn around as you remembered what Shino said. Don’t make any contact with them. You listened closely as you could hear the footsteps getting closer. With every footstep, your heart thumped a little faster. What if it’s those Sand Ninja Kiba was worried about earlier? You thought as the footsteps came closer and closer. That’s it. Sorry Shino, but I have to see who it is otherwise they could launch a sneak attack on me from behind. You took a deep breath, and before you could turn around you felt a soft nudge in your back. You almost jumped out of your skin until you discovered who it was.

“Arf Arf!” barked Akamaru.

“Gee, Akamaru! It’s only you? You had me worried there boy!” you said as you softly patted him on the head. He gave you a soft lick on the hand and you smiled.

“Akamaru! So that’s where you got off too?”
You turned around to see Kiba standing at the door of the room. “It’s weird, he never usually leaves my side, and I look away for 2 seconds and his gone.”

“He gave me quite a scare, I honestly thought it was a squad about to attack me,” you laughed.

Kiba walked over and squatted beside you. “So you found a tap?”

“Yep, didn’t even have to look for long.” You replied.

Akamaru gave a soft bark which made Kiba laugh.

“What’s so funny?” you asked curiously.

Kiba smiled and gave Akamaru a pat. “He said he thinks you’re pretty.”

“Wow, a dog thinks I’m pretty. What an honour,” you laughed as you gave him a pat. “You’re not too bad yourself boy!”

You laughed again and then continued to fill up your water bottle. “You know, he’s not the only one that thinks that...” said Kiba. You turned around to look at him only to notice his face go slightly red.

“Oh yeah?” you said as you smiled. “Who else thinks I’m pretty?”

“Well, there is this one guy, who is really strong and amazingly good looking, owns a little white puppy, not to mention one of the best Genin in the village, and did I mention how good looking he is?”

You laughed and pushed Kiba, trying your hardest to stop your face from going red. “I think you should mention the term ‘annoying’ in that list!” Kiba playfully pushed you back and you lost your balance and fell to the ground. It didn’t hurt, but it did make you laugh even more.

“Gee,” Kiba started, whilst offering out his hand to help you up. “For someone that went from not speaking at all to laughing hysterically is a pretty big change.”

You held his hand as he pulled you up and brushed yourself off. “Yeah, well-”

“Wait,” Kiba said as his head jerked into the air. His smile faded away to a scowl. He clenched his teeth and smelt the air, obviously not liking what he smelt. “Kiba, what’s wro-

“Quiet.” He said, cutting you off before you got the chance to finish your sentence. It was then you could hear something coming down the empty corridor outside the room. It was the sound of footsteps, slowly making their way down the hallway. It didn’t sound like one person, it
sounded like three.

Then you saw them, three Sand Village ninja walking slowly past the room which you, Kiba and Akamaru were in. One was a blonde girl, maybe a bit older than you. The other was a tall boy with facial markings and puppets attached to his back. The third one was a small red headed boy, with a marking above his eye that read ‘love. ’A large gore rested upon his back, and the moment you laid eyes on them you could tell they were bad news. They all starred at you and Kiba with vicious grins sprawled across their faces. Kiba pulled you closer to him, making sure he was standing slightly in front of you so they couldn’t see you, or touch you for that matter. At that moment you felt protected; the hold Kiba had on you was firm and felt as if he wouldn’t let anything happen to you. And you liked it; having him stand so close to you felt so, right.

They had finally passed, and you and Kiba didn’t move until the sound of the footsteps had disappeared. “Ok, I think they’re gone,” said Kiba as You saw him relax.

“Yeah, I think they are to. So you can release my hand now dog boy,” you said cheekily.

He looked at you and gave you a soft nudge. “You loved it,” he smiled.

“As if!” you smiled back, returning the push.

“Whatever, you so loved it.” He poked his tongue out before running out of the room. You closed the lid on your drink bottle and ran after him, a little grin spread across your face. But before you exited the room, you noticed something and stopped. Am I.... am I flirting with KIBA?! Aw man, I thought I hated this guy, now all of a sudden I have feelings for him? Maybe I’m just tired. I couldn’t possibly like Kiba, he’s immature, loud, annoying, outgoing, good looking... caring... Far out, there I go again!! I think I should just rest. After all, it’s been a long day.

You shake your head and then walk out of the room. You tried your hardest to not think about Kiba, but sadly, your hardest was failing. You sighed to yourself. The last thing you needed was to worry about a boy, with your mind focused on the Chunin exams, your parents and your old village, you really thought you wouldn’t have time for a guy. Ok, so maybe I shouldn’t even go there. We both have stuff in our lives to worry about, and flirting and acting like kids is something that we both don’t need to distract us. You sighed and exhaled, slowly walking down the bare, cold corridor and leaving the room as it was when you first walked in.

Empty.
Sign up to rate and review this story