Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Kiba Inuzuka Love Story

Chapter 8 - From Flirt To Fight; Your Attack!

by BlueEyesDontLie 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kiba - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-07-19 - Updated: 2011-07-20 - 3968 words

0MarySue
It wasn’t long before the rest of the teams started pouring into the tower. First there was you and the Sand Ninja, followed by a team from the Sound, then some Earth Ninja, followed by all the rookies from the leaf. Out of the 26 that entered the forest, only seven were left. It defiantly was not as many teams that entered the forest at the start, but you guess it was a good thing that there were fewer teams. Fewer teams meant less competition.

You were relieved when you saw some of the Earth village Ninja walk through the doors. Your friends had made it through the forest and were just as close as becoming a Chunin as you were. You also felt relieved when heaps of Leaf Village ninja walk through the doors; Ino, Choji and Shikamaru, Neji, Tenten and Lee, and last of all, Sakura, Saskue and Naruto. Phew, they made it. I have to admit, I was worried when I heard that scream back in the forest, followed by all that noise. And it hurt me when I couldn’t help, but just like Shino said, they can look after themselves. “They made it,” you said to Kiba as Team 7 walked through the doors.

“See, told you they would be fine.” He replied.

“Yeah, but they don’t exactly look fine...” you looked at the three exhausted genin. They were covered in scratches and bruises and their clothes were ripped and filthy. They looked tired and completely worn out.

“They’re just tired, we all are.” He said as he looked around at his competition. You noticed that he became serious and paranoid again.

“What’s w-wrong Kiba?” asked Hinata as she noticed Kiba’s tension as well. You looked up at him waiting for an answer.

“It’s those Sound Ninja.” Said Shino. “I have the same feeling Kiba does.”

“What’s so bad about them?” you asked, starting to feel irritated that you weren’t picking up these ‘Vibes’ like the rest of your team mates were.

“They’re not good news either.” Replied Kiba finally.

“W-why’s that K-Kiba?” asked Hinata, starting to fiddle her fingers again.

“They smell like blood.”

The whole team fell silent. “It’s the same smell I got from those Sand Ninja. Promise me that you and Hinata will stay out of their way, I don’t want you getting involved with them.”

“And what about Shino?” you asked, wondering why Kiba didn’t warn him.

“Shino knows he shouldn’t go near them, it’s just you two girls that I’m worried about.”

“Why us girls?” you said, starting to get a little defensive. “We can look after ourselves you know.”

“You girls are too vulnerable. You make easy targets for people like them.”

“What? Are you trying to say that we’re weaker than you and Shino?” you crossed your arms in anger. You were so sick of people under estimating you, and not thinking you could look after yourself.

“And we thought they were just starting to get along...” Shino whispered to Hinata, shaking his head a yet another argument.

“Kansura, I didn’t say that-”

“Forget it.” You said as you picked up your pack. “I need to get some fresh air. I’ll see you later.”
You stormed out of the tower and sat quietly on the balcony that surrounded it. It was late afternoon outside and the air was cold. Thick grey clouds accumulated in the sky above you, blocking out what was left of the suns afternoon rays. You looked into the dark thick forest, picking at the wooden porch you were seated on. Why the hell does everyone think I can’t look after myself? They don’t get it! I can probably beat most of the boys in there, but yet I’m still ‘too weak’? It’s so frustrating!

You clicked out of your thoughts when you heard the door shut behind you. “Kiba, I don’t wanna see you-” you stopped what you were saying when you noticed it wasn’t Kiba at all.

“What’s a pretty girl like you doing out here all by yourself?”

You looked him up and down. The boy was much taller then you were, and had light brown hair. You looked at his face and noticed a sound village forehead protector wrapped around his head.
It’s one of those Sound Ninja Kiba warned me about...

“Well?” he asked.

“I’m... I’m just getting some fresh air,” you managed to say. He took a few steps forward and sat beside you. You noticed something funny about one of his arms; it looked like it was dislocated, and it looked painful. “Uh, What happened to your arm?” you asked as you glared at the hanging limb.

“Oh, that? Nothing, I just ran into a few problems in the forest, that’s all.” He smiled a sickly smile. “And what’s with you, you don’t look beat up at all...” he slowly shifted closer towards you. “You’re too pretty to be a Ninja, especially one that had to travel through that forest...”

You then shifted away from him. “Never mind,” you said as you stood up. “I have to go, my teams waiting.”

“Go where?” he asked as he stood up as well. “We were just starting to get to know each other.”

A sickening feeling filled your stomach. Is this guy for real? “You’re kidding, right?”

“Does it look like I’m kidding?”

He moved closer and grabbed your hand. You tried to lightly shake him off but his grip was too tight. “Dude, let go of my hand.”

“Or what?” he said as he moved closer. “You’re a girl, and I’m Zaku. It’s not like you can do anything...”

That’s It.

You curled your fist into a ball and planted a punch right into his cheek. He released the grip and fell back at least 4 meters, landing heavily onto the ground off the balcony. “Back off.” You said as you gave him one last look and went back into the tower.

As you walked in you noticed everyone was starting to line up in front of a few leaf village Jonin. You spotted Kiba, Hinata and Shino standing towards the back of the line so you went and stood next to them. “Where have you been?” asked Kiba as he folded his arms.

“Nowhere.” You replied shortly.

“Oh, so you’re going back to the silent treatment huh? Real mature Kansura.”

“Shut up Kiba, you put me in this mood.”

“Oh did I? The last thing I remember was trying to protect you and Hinata from getting hurt. But no, now all of a sudden I’m the bad guy.”

“What you don’t understand is that I can look after myself!” you started to raise your voice and luckily, the crowed hadn’t gone silent yet for the Jonin was still talking to other instructors. Hinata slightly hung her head in discomfort and Shino shook his head at the argument which was raging between you and Kiba.

“Oh ok, and you’ve really proven that to me after the past couple of days haven’t you?! I’ll start treating you like an adult Kansura when you show to me that you will stop all these mood changes, personality transformations and immature dummy spits!”

“Dummy spits? You’re to talk Kiba! Whenever there is a plan or idea, you always have to either disagree or give your opinion, which always happens to be the complete opposite!” you clenched your fists in rage. Of course you weren’t going to hit him, but you were so furious at that moment you had to do something.

“Gee, when are you going to grow up Kansura?”

“As soon as you do.”



“Ok listen up everyone. Congratulations on making it this far, there is a lot more teams here than we expected.” Huh? A lot more teams? There’s only seven.... how many did they expect? The proctor stood out the front of the teams and started to speak. “The rest of stage 2 of the Chunin exams will continue right away.”

The crowed started to mumble and talk amongst them.

“Straight away?” someone yelled.

“Don’t we get a break?” yelled another.

“But we’re exhausted!’’

“Sorry kids, but this is the way the exam is set. Sometimes when you’re a ninja, you don’t get a break. If you’re not happy with the arrangements, then don’t compete. But know this; if you give up now, you are giving up on your chance of becoming a Chunin. You haven’t come this far for nothing.”

With that said, everyone shut up and listened. There weren’t very many complaints after that, because what he said was right and you guessed everyone realised that.

“Because of the large amount of people which made it through the forest, we will have to have an elimination round to cut down the number of genin. To do that, we will have a 1 on 1 tournament, where two people will be fighting it out for the position in stage 3 of the Chunin exams. Names will be shuffled and then appear on the screen, and you will both then battle it out for the position. If I think the battle is already won, then I shall cease it and declare the winner. If I think the opponent has had enough, I will also stop the battle. Those that do not listen to me can be disqualified and asked to leave the arena. Is everyone clear on that?”

The whole crowed nodded but remained silent. “Very well then, let the battles begin.”

You focused your eyes onto the screen above you. You crossed your fingers hopping your name would appear first, because you had so much steam you had to let off after yet another argument with Kiba. Just when things started looking good... you thought as you continued to watch the screen.

You sighed as you read the names on the screen. It was Saskue vs. Some genin from the Leaf. Great, guess I’ll have to wait a little while longer before I can show Kiba what I’m capable of. Everyone moved up the stairs and watched from the ledges surrounding the arena.

“Damn it; Guess we will have to wait a little bit longer Akamaru” Said Kiba as he patted his dog on the head. Akamaru barked and gave his owner a lick on the hand before they both focussed their attention on Saskue’s battle. At first it didn’t look to good, but as the battle preceded Saskue’s strength grew and grew. Whoa, that’s some power you thought as Saskue annihilated his opponent. It wasn’t long before the match ended, but instead of Saskue returning to the stand with the rest of you, he was taken away by Kakashi sensei. Hmm, wonder what’s going on? It’s not something Saskue would do, miss out on watching everyone’s battles like that.
The names shuffled again on the screen above you. Please be me, please be me...

Damn, again the names weren’t yours. You sighed and rested you head on our hand as you leaned against the ledge rails. “Don’t worry Kansura, your time will come,” said a voice from beside you. You glanced away from the battle and noticed Kurenai Sensei walking along the ledge.

“Kurenai?” said Kiba with a surprised look. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, if you haven’t noticed yet Kiba, every ones Sensei’s are here. We decided to come and watch our students battle, and possibly check over you for injuries before you begin your fight. I would like to say I’m glad you all made it, I’m very proud.”

“Yeah, well what do you expect? Its team 8 remember, the best team in the village.” Kiba said confidently. You rolled your eyes at his remark. Argh, he’s so cocky.
“Don’t get to confident Kiba, you haven’t seen exactly what these other ninja can do. Anyway, did any of you want to tell me about any injuries you may have?” Kurenai scanned her eyes over the four of you. You all knew what you should have said, that Kiba wasn’t feeling too well after what happened with the trip wire, but after the fight you just had with him you couldn’t care if that affected his battle. Yep, you said it. You didn’t care. Or at least you thought you didn’t...

“Hinata and I are fine, we didn’t come across anything that hurt or injured us. Kiba may need a check over though, just in case” Said Shino. Kurenai sat Kiba down on a chair and gathered up her medical kit. You tried not to look as Kiba took off his shirt so Kurenai could examine him. As much as you didn’t want to look, you had to. His body was A-MAZE-ING. Don’t look Kansura, don’t look. You’ll only make his ego bigger than it already is. You managed to force your eyes away as Kurenai examined him, holding her stethoscope against his chest and listening to his breathing.

‘Kiba, your breathing’s quite shallow,” said Kurenai as she listened closer. “What happened to cause this?”

Kiba glanced up and looked at you, holding his glare on you as he spoke. “Nothing, maybe I just pushed myself a bit too hard.”

You looked at him, and then looked away in guilt. You didn’t think it was that serious, you just thought he inhaled a bit too much smoke but would eventually get over it. But no, you might have possibly caused a major problem with Kiba’s lungs. Sweet one Kansura.

You didn’t want him to lie about it. Because if he did, it’s just another thing he could hold against you if you end up having another fight. It was time to swallow your pride and act like an adult, just like Kiba said.

“Don’t lie, Kiba.”

Kurenai and Kiba looked at you with a “what the hell?” kind of expression. “What are you talking about Kansura?” asked Kurenai confusingly.

“He’s lying. He didn’t push himself to hard at all. It’s because of my stupid mistakes that his breathing is the way it is.” You swallowed and pushed yourself to continue, not meeting Kiba or Kurenai’s gaze. “I triggered some stupid little trap and it ended up causing a lot of smoke, Kiba pretty much saved my arse and because of it, Kiba ended up inhaling it. And that’s the truth.”

You could feel tears welling up in your eyes. Why? You didn’t really know. Maybe it was because you felt ashamed, and were proving to Kurenai that you were not as good a ninja as you thought. Or maybe it was because you were proving Kiba right and you couldn’t look after yourself. Or maybe it was because you were finally acting like an adult, and it hurt a bit more than you thought. But one thing for sure was that you were not about to cry in front of Kiba or Kurenai. “I... I have to go...” you ran down the ledge and towards the girl’s bathrooms. You didn’t know why you couldn’t find these before; maybe you just didn’t look long enough.


You ran towards the tap and mirror in the corner of the bathroom. You turned the tap on full ball and cupped your hands underneath it and splashed water on your face. You guessed it would help you wake up; wake up from this whole ordeal and wake up back in your bed at the Earth Village. Wake up and see all your old friends, old teachers, your parents... wake up from it all. But as you starred back at the person in the mirror, you realised none of this was a nightmare. It was all real, and the only thing that had changed about the person in the mirror was the tears that were running down her cheek.

“Want to apologize for your little moment before?”

You spun around quickly to notice Zaku standing behind you. Oh shit.

“Listen you little germ, there was no need to hit me like that before but because you did, you need to pay.” He moved towards you quickly and threw a punch. You dodged it, still trying to wrap your mind around what was happening. He went to hit you again, but you quickly grabbed his palm and then pushed him away.

“What the hell!” you yelled as you continued to dodge his attacks. You weren’t at your best because you were upset, and you were starting to slip on the water which was overflowing from the sink. He threw one last punch which hit you, sending your head into the tiled wall behind you. The pain was excruciating and your vision was staring to blur from the hit.

Zaku squatted down beside you and put his hand to your throat.“You’re just another little brat that Orochimaru has to worry about. Now I think your pretty and all, but I’m only following orders princess. So try and make this easier by just playing along.”

You were sitting with your back against the wall. Your head was thumping but you couldn’t do anything because he had you pinned. Usually you could easily get yourself out of this situation, but because you were physically and emotionally exhausted it was harder than usual. You had used your telekinesis a lot that day and it was eating away at your chakra.

“Don’t do this,” you said as you tried to remove his hand from your throat.

The next minute the door to the bathroom swung open and Kiba came running in. The look on his face was livid and ferocious. “Get off her!” he yelled as he ran towards you. The sickly smile faded from Zaku’s face to one of horror as Kiba landed a punch straight to his face, sending him flying into the wall.

“Kiba!” you cried as you dragged yourself up off the ground. You wrapped your arms around him uncontrollably as tears poured down your face. You hugged him so tight that you were afraid you would cut off his circulation. “I’m so sorry...” you sobbed into his shoulder. It took him a while to realise what you were doing, but eventually he wrapped his arms around you back.

“Shh kid,” he whispered as he held the back of your head. He removed his hand and noticed it was covered in blood. “Whoa,” he said as the colour drained from his face. “Kansura, we need to get you to a hospital,”

You didn’t reply. You just continued to cry into Kiba’s shoulder, holding him tight. He then picked you up bridal style and cradled you, carrying you out of the bathroom and to Kurenai sensei.



//Kiba’s POV//


I wonder where Kansura got off to, she’s been gone for some time.... thought Kiba as Kurenai finished examining him. “Ok Kiba, you’re done, try to take it easy though.”

“Thanks Kurenai Sensei,” replied Kiba as he put his shirt and jacket back on. He glanced around the arena and noticed you hadn’t come back yet. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the Sound Ninja from earlier talking amongst each other. The bigger guy whispered something to the littler one, and he nodded and headed off in the direction that he saw you run earlier. Kiba scowled and immediately started walking after him, until Shino stopped him.

“Kiba.”

“What?” he shot back angrily, stopping to hear Shino out.

“You know not to go near them, you said it yourself. They’re bad news.”

Kiba gritted his teeth and faced Shino. “But Shino, that’s the direction Kansura ran earlier! Now why would he want to go that way? If he touches her, I swear I’ll-”

“Kiba.” Said Shino sternly, cutting Kiba off. “Calm down. I’m sure Kansura can look after herself, just take it easy Ok?”

“Shino, when Kansura walked in before, I could smell his scent on her. Now I don’t know what happened when she was on the balcony, but I can tell you that she didn’t come back inside in a good mood. Just let me go check up on her, just to make sure everything’s alright.”

Shino stood in silence before finally letting Kiba go. “Remember this Kiba; you’re always telling Kansura to grow up and act like an adult, but how is she meant to do that if you keep fathering her.”

Kiba stopped but didn’t turn around. He was about to say something, but figured he wasn’t going to waste anymore time talking to Shino. With the conversation done, Kiba rushed as fast as he could into the hallway. To the left of the corridor was a door with a girl restroom sign on it, and seeping from the crack beneath the floor and door was a large amount of water. “What the hell...” he mumbled before hearing a large thump coming from inside. He picked up your scent, and then straight away picked up the Sound Ninja’s scent from inside also. He clenched his fists in anger before kicking open the door with his foot.

His eyes widened when he saw what was going on inside. When he saw Zaku’s hand around your neck, something inside of him snapped and he lost it. Before he could think about anything, he found himself sprinting towards Zaku and landing a solid punch to his face. “Get off her!” He yelled.

His breathing was deep and full of anger. He watched as you tried to drag yourself off the ground and throw your exhausted body into his embrace. When Kiba felt you wrap your arms around him he was frozen. She’s.... she’s hugging me.... I didn’t think she would be over our argument from earlier, but I guess this isn’t a time to be worrying about that. Poor girl, I shouldn’t have let her walk off alone! Why was I so stupid! Because of me she was almost killed, and I wasn’t around to help her...

“I’m so sorry Kiba...” you sobbed. He could feel your tears dampen his jacket and seep through to his warm skin underneath. Kansura, you shouldn’t be saying sorry, I should be...


“Shh kid,” was the only thing he could say. He wrapped his arms around you in return, holding you close to his body. He started to cradle the back of your head with his hand, but felt something warm trickle down to his wrist. “What the...” he managed to say as he lifted his hand. The colour drained from his face as he starred at his blood covered hand. This is bad, this is really bad... How is she still conscious? I have to do something, and quick.

“Kansura, we need to get you to a hospital.” Kiba tried to ignore the fact that his whole body was shaking with nerves and shock. He gently picked you up, his heart slightly aching with every cry you were making. Hang in there Kid, he thought, holding you close against his body. He tried to walk as fast as he could without hurting you. “Kurenai!” was the last thing he yelled before you slowly blacked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story