Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babe I'll Be Your Outcast

You were gone too soon

by SimplexMinded 2 reviews

Riley stood, with her chest being crushed against the barricade, waiting for the show to start. The lights dimmed and the entire room filled with screams. Gerard walked on stage and stood there, wi...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-07-08 - Updated: 2011-07-15 - 2654 words - Complete

2Moving
The guys waved goodbye to Riley as they walked backstage to do their sound check, leaving her inline. They signed several autographs as they walked passed the line and Riley just laughed at what they had to deal with. Mikey, Gerard, Ray and Bob were walking fast while Frank stayed and got the life story of every fan in line. He smiled, got pictures with the ones he could before Ray and Bob had to come over and drag him away.

"Come on! We're guna be late for sound check!" Ray said as Bob apologized to the fans they were tearing him away from.

Frank laughed and reached out to a fan, trying to sign one more thing as they lifted him up and pried him away.

"Im sorry! I'll come out afterward if they let me!"

The fans cheered as they disappeared into the venue. Bob put Frank down and just shook his head. Ray was laughing

"Dude, you do this at every show. When are you going to learn?"

Frank grinned "Never"

Mikey laughed and walked over to the stage looking up. "Hey Gee, do you remember when we saw Smashing Pumpkins here?"

Gerard put his arm on his brother "yeah. That was a bad ass show"

Brian walked out on the stage and smiled at them "Hey guys! Come on up! Lets get this sound check over with"

They all smiled and walked infront of the barricade and climbed onstage.

"You know....there are stairs"

Bob laughed "yah we know"

Bob stepped behind the drums and sat down while Frank, Ray and Mikey picked up their guitars. Gerard stepped infront the the mic and looked back at the guys

"Im not ok?" They shrugged and Frank started the opening chords, followed by by Bob's drums and Mikey's bass.

"Yeah!"

Gerard moved back and forth and started the song

"Well if you wanted honesty thats all you had to say! I never want to let you down or have you go its better off this way! For all the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took, remember when you broke for foot from jumping out the second floor! Im not Okay!"

Gerard stopped singing and looked at the sound tech. "Can I get more center vocals? And bring the stage left down some on the guitar. Its over powering the bass"

The guy at the sound booth gave him the thumbs up and they started the song again. Gerard looked at Ray

"Pick it up on the solo. Follow through till third chorus"

Ray nodded and started to play. Mikey followed his lead with bass and Bob lead with the drums. Gerard waited for the line and tossed his head to the left, the back to the right, making his hair fall in his face even more.

"Forget about the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took, you say you read me like a book but the pages all are torn and frayed!"

Gee smiled and gave the sound tech a thumbs up. "Perfect! Keep it right there."

He looked over at Ray "Venom?"

"Sure. Where you wana start?"

Gerard looked at Frank "Where we startin' Frank?"

He smiled and started to play on a random riff, letting the rest of the guys catch up. Bob found the beat on the drums and Mikey followed with bass. Gerard nodded and soon dropped in the with vocals

"Gimme all your poison, and gimme all your pills, and gimme all your hopeless hearts who make me ill. Your running after something that you'll never kill, if this is what your want then fire at will!"

Ray jumped ahead of the song and ran straight to the solo. When they were satisfied with the sound, they did a quick run though of "Jetset" before air high-fiving the sound tech and walking off stage to go get ready for the show. Brian was at the side stage waiting for them

"I love the sound here. Its so clear. Not filtered out with foreign sounds. Anyway, I ran out inline to check on Riley and she said to tell yall hi."

He laughed "I told her she could come up on stage but she said no."

Frank looked at him "What why?"

Brian smiled "She said its her first time seeing yall live and she wanted to do it right....rock her ass off with all the other fans."

they guys laughed "Wow. Although there is nothing quite like the pit."

Ray smiled and looked at Frank "Am I right Frank?"

He nodded and looked at a scar on his arm "Yeah....Just don't get hurt. Its sucks"

Brian laughed "Frank, your so injury prone you'd hurt yourself in a padded room"

Frank pouted "Hey!"

Ray grinned "Hey is for horses....to bad your a hobbit"

They all laughed including Frank.

Brian shook his head "Well Ive gotta go. I'll catch up with yall after the show, k?"

Gerard nodded "later Brian"

he waived and walked out through the loading dock. Gerard turned to they guys

"Im guna go find the coffee maker, I'll meet ya in the dressing room in a bit."

Mikey smiled "I'll join ya. I need my coffee too ya know"

Gerard laughed "Works for me"

Frank looked at Ray and Bob "Can I go back outside now?"

They laughed and nodded "yes Frank. Go meet your fans"

He jumped in the air and ran out the door leaving them to laugh at how childish he could be. Frank walked out of the venue surprisingly unnoticed. He found Riley sitting down, with her back against the wall talking to some girl with bright red hair. He smirked and walked over to her, sitting down

"What did I miss?"

The girl Riley was talking to almost screamed. Riley just jumped a little then laughed

"Don't do that!"

She playfully punched him in the arm and he faked being hurt. "What did you do that for?"

By now the fans had noticed he was there and were swarming around him. He smiled and signed the things they handed him. He saw some girls pushing so he raised his hands and shouted

"Hold up! Hold up! Guys! Hold on for a second!"

They all went quiet.

"Ok! I'm guna get to all of you! So you keep your place in line, how bout everyone just stay where you are, and I'll come to you ok?"

They cheered and stood back in their place. He smiled and heard them whispering things about him

"This is why I love Frank. He truly cares about the fans"

"yeah, he's not like all the other guys."

"Its not just a job to him"

"He's so cool"

Frank walked to the front of the line and stood infront of a small girl with blond hair. She was about 16 and smiled at him nervously.

"You look nervous. I don't bite"

She laughed "Oh I know. Its Gerard I worry about"

He laughed at her vampire joke and signed her t-shirt. He moved to the next girl and did this for about 45 minutes. Mikey walked out and the crowed started to scream again.

Frank laughed "man, I had them under control! Why you gotta ruin it?"

Mikey laughed and started to sign things as well "Frank, you have nothing under control"

Riley came up behind Frank and wrapped her arms around his waist. He smiled and looked back at her. "Hey baby."

She grinned and turned him around, pulling his face down to hers. She kissed him, making him jolt with shock but he closed his eyes and soon kissed back, wrapping his arms around her waist. Riley brought her hands up and ran it through his hair, or lack there of due to its cut and Frank pulled her close to him, ignoring the gasps and groans of the people behind him. She smiled into the kiss and opened her mouth, letting his tongue shoot over and clash against hers.

Mikey groaned "Ok, I think we get it....Frank has a girlfriend!"

Frank pulled back, gasping for air and looked at the crowd, then at Mikey

"If you wanted one, Im sure you could get one"

Mikey crossed his arm over his chest and huffed "Whatever dude. Brian wants you back in so they can open doors."

Frank sighed and looked down at Riley "I gotta go. I'll see ya after the show"

He bend down and kissed her one last time before walking back into the venue. When he was gone, all the fans turned to her and started the questions.

"How did you meet Frank?"

"Are you two dating?"

"How long have you known him?"

"Why are you in line out here?"

She smiled and tried her best to be kind, knowing she brought it upon herself with that stunt.

"Yes, Frank and I are dating. Its a long story on how we met, one I will not share. How long I've known him is none of your concern."

A girl with long black hair and a lip ring glared at her "Your such a bitch. Frank can do so much better"

Riley looked at her in shock "Excuse me? Im not a bitch. You just don't like the answers I gave you."

The girl glared "You know your only dating him because he's famous and he is using you because your easy."

Riley sighed and refused to start a petty argument with this girl. She turned around and walked back to where she was sitting before Frank showed up. The girl she was talking to looked at her in shock.

"How come you didn't tell me you were Frank's girlfriend"

Riley smiled "If I introduced myself as 'Frank's Girlfriend' then I would be a bitch."

The red headed girl nodded "Very true. I would say back to what we were talking about but the subject was about who our fav. member was....."

Riley laughed "I know right? So how long have you been listening to MCR?"

The girl tilted her head and thought for a moment "about 2 years. I found Bullets at this used record store and loved the cover. I gave it a shot and loved the music too. How about you?"

"Umm....about the same. For me though, I was in the mall and saw a magazine with them on the cover. AP I think. The one where they are in this basement thing with blood all over their hands?"

"Yeah, Love that photo. Gerard's got his hands stretched out towards the camera."

"Yeah! I thought they looked interesting and checked out Revenge. Fell in love with it."

The girl smiled "Im Kayla by the way. Nice to meet you"

Riley extended her hand "Nice to meet you Kayla, Im Riley"

They started to laugh but got distracted when the bouncer opened the doors. Everyone surged forward and were screaming to get inside.

Riley stood, with her chest being crushed against the barricade, waiting for the show to start. The lights dimmed and the entire room filled with screams. Gerard walked on stage and stood there, with his back to the crowd and moaned into the mic.

"Ahhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh Ahhhhhrrrreeee you ready to fuckin scream?!?!?"

The lights flashed they they started to play 'Venom'. The crowd screamed and started to jump up singing the song for him

"Sister Im not much a poet but a criminal and you never had a chance. Love it or leave it you can't understand, A pretty face but you do so carry on and on and on!"

Gerard moved over to Frank and the stage love began. Riley screamed the lyrics and watched as Gerard stuck his hand down Frank's shirt.

"I wouldn't front the scene if you paid me, Im just the way that the doctor made me, on and on and on and on"

He turned and saw her singing along and smiled

"Love is the red the rose on the coffin door whats life like bleeding on the floor the floor the floor"

He knelt down and reached out to the crowd before standing back up and walking over to Ray. The song went by and the crowd begged for more. Frank hit the finishing notes and the stage went black again. The lights were brought up and Gerard stood looking over at the crowd.


"Oh my god, how are yall doin tonight?"

They screamed and he smiled "That bad hu? Well lets see if we can't make it worse. This songs called Its not a Fashion Statement, Its a Fucking Deathwish"

Frank started the guitar and Gerard started to scream

"For what you did to me! I will not do to you! You get what everyone else gets, You get a life time!"

He reached the mic out over the crowd, asking them to scream the lyrics. They did

"LETS GO!"

Pulled back and tossed his head to the side

"Do you remember the day we met, you told me it gets harder well it did, Been holding on forever, promise me that when I'm gone you'll kill my enemies, the damage you've inflicted, temporary wounds, I'm coming back from the dead and I'll take you home with me, I'm taking back the life you stole"

He ran his hands through his hair and jumped over to Mikey. The crowd screamed and danced along. When he was halfway through the song he stood at the end of the stage, opened his arms like an angel and closed his eyes.

"This hole you put me in wasn't deep enough and I'm climbing out right now you're running out of places to hide from me"

He bowed quickly, throwing his arms to his sides and lowering his head and finished the song. Gerard walked over, pacing back and forth while he talked

"Can I tell yall a story? Are yall cool with a story?"

He looked over at the crowd, raising his arms and they screamed.

"I'll take that as a yes."

he laughed and continued to speak in a serious tone

"So, I was at starbucks the other day, and I met this lady who lost her daughter to a drunk driver. Her daughter was 16 and a fan of ours. Her daughter's name was Amelia."

Gerard scanned the crowd and saw the lady in the back row, in tears. He pointed out to her

"Hey, can we get her up here? She's over in the back with the black hair and plaid shirt"

He motioned to the bouncers and they brought her up on stage. She was in sobs and Gerard hugged her.

"I never got your name."

She looked up at him and smiled "Lissa"

He nodded "Do you know the words to Helena?"

She nodded. "Then sing it for your daughter"

He handed her the mic and took a step back while Frank started the first chords.

"Long ago, just like the hearse you died to get in again"

She tired to sing but the tears kept falling. Gerard walked up and sung with her.

"We are, so far from you! Burnin on just like a match you start to incinerate the lives of everyone you know!"

They sung together and when the part came, he stopped singing and let her take over

"Can you hear me? Are you near me? Can we pretend, to leave and then we'll meet again"

Gerard walked over to her and placed her in a hug

"So long and Goodnight"

The song ended and she tuned to him and cried "Thank you so much. This is the best goodbye I could ever giver her...Amelia would have loved this"

Gerard smiled at her and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"never be afraid to keep on living and never be afraid to walk this world alone"

She nodded and walked off stage, receiving a hug from Frank, Mikey and Ray.
Sign up to rate and review this story