Categories > Theatre > Rent > Songbooks of Roger Davis

Memories

by Blaze_of_Glory 0 reviews

Roger looks at the past through Photos

Category: Rent - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Benny, Collins, Mark, Maureen, Mimi, Roger, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-05-22 - Updated: 2005-05-22 - 750 words

0Unrated
Roger looked at the pictures on his dresser. Each one, even now; years after everything had happened he could still remember as if it had just occurred. The first one, the one he kept closest to his bed was of Mark and himself, when they were about fifteen, they had wrapped their arms around the others shoulders and were grinning like idiots.

Roger grabbed Mark and pulled him in front of the camera that a friend; Alan Baker, was holding

"Come on Mark...You're never in pictures...Just this once..?"

He had begged and Mark gave in easily.

"Ok, Now smile like...you've...Just been laid" Alan had said with an idiotic smile of his own.

Alan knew Roger would have no problem doing that, but didn't know about Mark. Roger would never tell anyone that for as long as He; that is Mark was living.


The next one was of Susan. She was sitting on her front steps lounging on her lime green beach towel, and sopping wet. They had just finished swimming in her pool when she had laid her towel on the steps and draped herself across it dramatically. He took that picture out of his love for her sense of humor. He had loved her at one point...

He looked at her long blond hair which was matted and tangled. He grinned when she had placed her towel on the step then laid across it; her head resting on the top step and her body positioned on the lower one. He took the camera Mark had given him for his birthday and snapped a picture of her. She sat up when the camera 'SNApp...whirr'

"Hey!"

"Sorry, I couldn't help it..."

She smiled at him and shook her head

"You're Hopeless.."


Then there was the only picture of April he kept...she was standing outside the library at their college and her delicate face was surrounded by soft curls that were being tousled in the wind, her eyes were shining and she was sporting a playful grin. He remembered that picture the most.

He had raced her to the library and she beat him by about twenty feet. Of course, he threw it off as he had the Fender and she was empty-handed. He would have won if it wasn't for his fender.

"Do you take that thing everywhere?"

"So what if I do?"

"Your obsessed..."

"Am not."

She grinned and walked up the stairs and turned just as the wind gusted, he pulled out the beat-up camera and snapped a picture of that. The flash bulb quickly lighting and going dim just a quickly as it appeared.

"You're turning into Mark..."


The next picture was of Him, Mark, Benny, Collins and Maureen living in the loft. Everyone had convinced Mark to be included with them. Maureen had positioned herself to hang around Mark's neck nearly dragging him to the floor.

"Come on, Mark.." Collins, Benny and Maureen's voices had all said in unison, with a begging tone.

"No. I'll take the picture you guys pose."

Roger had voiced up "bastard."

"Bitch"

"Slut"

"Man-whore.."

"Jellyfish"

That last remark caused several reactions. First was Benny and Collins who just cracked up and Maureen looked on; Confusion was clearly written across her face.

"Jellyfish" she repeated.

Everyone, excluding Mark who had muttered "I am not a jellyfish" nodded.

"it's an old Joke." Roger Explained.

"Oh."


But it had gotten him in the picture.

The last Picture was of him and Mimi around Valentines day. He had his arms wrapped protectively around her waist, his head resting on her shoulder. They looked so relaxed and comfortable with each other. Her face had a sensual and sexy grin and his face was full of life, it was clear that he was happy.

Mark had pulled them into Central park and had them standing right in front of one of the fountains. He had been trying to get Roger to smile for the last five minutes, and it wasn't working.

"Roger," Mimi pleaded "Its freezing...please smile?"

He just looked at the fountain, not responding.

"Forget it Mimi..." Mark's voice had gone from hopeful to defeated.

She slipped her arms around his waist and rocked gently back and forth.

"Please..?"

Her voice was so soft he could just barely hear but, he turned around and spun her so she was pressing against him and leaned his chin on her shoulder, he grinned.

"Take the picture Mark...Like she said Its Freezing."
Sign up to rate and review this story